Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Mark
Tarheel.

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Mark will become famous soon enough
Default Warped Little Havana

I was gifted this cigar by Warped Cigars in order to do a review. I have not read any other reviews (there are four inmates doing them) and am not in any way influenced by the fact that this cigar was gifted. Promise. Here goes:

This cigar is beautiful! Looks to be about 5.5x48. The wrapper is a gorgeous dark brown (almost looks to be maduro) with very small veins, meticulously applied.

I clip the head (double cap) and toast the foot. The first puff is beautifully smooth with a nice draw - not too tough, but not too loose. Thick white smoke billows out of this oh-so-creamy light medium body smoke - nothing bitter about it! The flavors are in no way overpowering and I can taste pure tobacco, with some very light pepper notes on a woodsy background.

As I progress a quarter of the way into the smoke the ash is off white and very strong, showcasing the superb construction. Flavors come and go, but only very subtly, something that would be overpowered by anything other than water with this stick. As it progresses the light black pepper flavor picks up as the body moves from light medium to a good solid medium.

Half way through the pepper disappears and a bit of sweet chocolate pops in for a quick visit. The burn is superb and only requires one or two small touch-ups.

The last third of this cigar (I realize that I just changed measurement denominators - deal with it.) shows the body picking up again and the rich tobacco flavor rearing its tasty head. I smoked the cigar until my fingers burned, then smoked it some more.

Overall this cigar impressed me with its pure tobacco flavors and impressive smoothness. I would liken it to a VERY smooth Padron thousand series with less pepper. This cigar is not going to kill you with body or nicotine content, but will certainly please your palate, even if you are used to fuller bodied smokes (like myself). Would I buy this cigar? Absolutely - in the $5 range this is a definite winner!

Construction: 9/10
Burn: 9/10
Flavor: 8/10
Suggested Retail: ~$5
Recommended?: Yes

Oh, and as an added surprise, when you take the band off you see that under the glue are the words "Private Blend" (certainly makes you feel special!) and the date of rolling. Not sure this will stay when these cigars go into production, but it was a nice little touch.

-Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Chompers

Default Re: Warped Little Havana

Very nice review Mark!

I've got an order with these in it and I can't wait!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
scooter

Very nice review. Sounds like a pretty good cigar.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I loved Warped cigars. Is this the Anubis blend?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Very nice review!!! Thank you!!!

Ratters gifted me one awhile back!!! I'll have to give it a try!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote