Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Willem II amanda

This is a small 95mm ring 32 shortfiller, with a nice pretty dark wrapper and an aroma of dried hay.

The cigar tastes pretty harsh, but that can be expected from a cigar this size but it’s not unpleasant. I can taste some leather and something grassy. Halfway the flavors change a bit to a tobacco flavor. Towards the end the cigar gets harsh again, sharp and unpleasant.

It’s a surprise how much smoke this little cigar produces. The ash is firm and light and the burn is nice and even. Draw is a bit to easy.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, too small for me
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Tw3nty

Default Re: Willem II amanda

sounds like a crazy cigar.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Never heard of this cigar. Where did you get it?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Willem II is quite easy to get here, it's a dry cigar from Dutch origin.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #5
cigaraddict

I must dissagree , the willem 2 amanda is my most favorite cigar ever , at first i bought one pack and fell in love and have kept buying more they are so delicious , after you had one i get that funny feeling in my stomach like im hungry and want to smoke another . the willem 2 amanda have a nice sweet taste thats also aromatic with a very pleasant fresh taste of natural tobacco
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
rsamos

Thanks for the review. Chalk me up as another who has never heard of these.

I tend to like smaller RG sticks, but a 32 would be small even by my standards. It seems that the more the RG shrinks, the tougher it is to roll a decent one.

cigaraddict: What is it you disagree with? That he didn't like them, or that he doesn't care for smaller cigars?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
cigaraddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsamos View Post
Thanks for the review. Chalk me up as another who has never heard of these.

I tend to like smaller RG sticks, but a 32 would be small even by my standards. It seems that the more the RG shrinks, the tougher it is to roll a decent one.

cigaraddict: What is it you disagree with? That he didn't like them, or that he doesn't care for smaller cigars?
in my opinion i just disagree about the harsness he mentioned , these cigars need to be smoked slowly , but everyone is differant and what is harsh to him is not to me , but he is spot on about the tobacco flavor and its that special flavor about these that i really love .

yes its really hard to find information about these particular brand , i only know about them cos my tobacconist and a few other places around where i live sell them also . I just bought the willem2 redline of short panatella 5 pack i havnt tried them yet but i will tonight and let you know how they are
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
cigaraddict

i have tryed the willem 2 short panatella 5 pack , and i now am addicted to them more so lol . they are a little spicy sweet mild and chocolaty the aftertase is dark chocolate with fresh tobacco tones during the smoke very nice . The dutch do know how to make premium cigars , its just the perfect blend for my palate