Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #81
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

My S-I-L has a Keurig. She got it about a year ago. Both her and her husband love it for a quick cup in the morning before work.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #82
Volcodom
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Mellamo Tomas
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
Volcodom is on a distinguished road

I have a Keurig and am in love with it

A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke!
Volcodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #83
Jack1000

Got one of the office. I really like it. Tully's evergreen blend is a good k-cup.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:17 AM   #84
Martel

Saw this thread and had to jump in... this machine is the greatest device ever devised by the mind of man! I have one at home and one at the office. It's a real blessing to have a cup first thing in the morning, right away. I still grind and use a french press occasionally, but it's mostly a weekend thing. The drip machine has gone away though. Green Mountain Sumatra Reserve and Van Houtte Kenya are regulars for me.

Cheers,
G
Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #85
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
I got my replacement last week. There is a definite difference, the pump sounds really strong in the this one and it sucks up the water a LOT faster. Hopefully it will hold up.

Replacement number 2 on the way.

Bummer that they keep crapping out but they do stand behind their products which is refreshing.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #86
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Replacement number 2 on the way.

Bummer that they keep crapping out but they do stand behind their products which is refreshing.
That's good to hear. I"m thinking of heading out to pick one up tonight. I want to cut down on my pop intake and do enjoy a cup of coffee every now and then. The Keurig's seem like the perfect thing for me.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #87
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
That's good to hear. I"m thinking of heading out to pick one up tonight. I want to cut down on my pop intake and do enjoy a cup of coffee every now and then. The Keurig's seem like the perfect thing for me.
They are good with the customer service, which is nice.

All the issues I've had have been with my Platinum brewer.

My single cup B30 has been great, no issues there.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #88
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I bought the B40 last night, along with a couple 12 packs to get started on seeing what blends I like. Of course i had to break it in last night, so I was wired come 11:30pm when I should've been in bed.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #89
n3uka
Feeling at Home

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
n3uka has disabled reputation

Quote:
They are good with the customer service, which is nice.
Been having an issue for a couple weeks with my B40. Finally called today and got a tremendous run around. Had to talk to 2 different people. Was told do this, do that, do this again. Then try this and try that. Finally told them screw it how about I just throw the dam thing out.

Might call one more time, might just go back to my french press and be done with it.
n3uka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #90
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3uka View Post
Been having an issue for a couple weeks with my B40. Finally called today and got a tremendous run around. Had to talk to 2 different people. Was told do this, do that, do this again. Then try this and try that. Finally told them screw it how about I just throw the dam thing out.

Might call one more time, might just go back to my french press and be done with it.
Ask to be elevated to the next level of support. Tell them that you have tried descaling and all the other trouble shooting procedures. After that tell them that you are almost out of K-cups and if they won't send you a replacement you are going to just go with a different manufacturer.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #91
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

I used a Senseo Pod coffee maker for quite a while, but it became hard to find pods besides the ones from Senseo locally (which made weak brew).

I finally broke down and bought a Keurig B-60. That I use quite a bit.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #92
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

I just got the B40 on Monday. I also got the my K cup. So far the my k cup has been making some great coffee. I wonder if there is enough of us to do a k-cup pass??
Old 12-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #93
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Amazon has 50-count packs from Coffee People for $22. These come with minimal packaging. They are loose inside the cardboard box. The blends offered in this format are Kona, Donut Shop, Jet Fuel, Organic, Black Tiger and Wake Up Call. I have personally tried the Kona, Donut Shop and Jet Fuel. The Kona and Donut Shop make a decent cup of coffee. Which is what you normally get from these machines. Can't ask for much more than just a decent cup of coffee from them. The Jet Fuel is the least palatable of the three I have tried.

Coffee People 50 Packs
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #94
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Amazon has 50-count packs from Coffee People for $22. These come with minimal packaging. They are loose inside the cardboard box. The blends offered in this format are Kona, Donut Shop, Jet Fuel, Organic, Black Tiger and Wake Up Call. I have personally tried the Kona, Donut Shop and Jet Fuel. The Kona and Donut Shop make a decent cup of coffee. Which is what you normally get from these machines. Can't ask for much more than just a decent cup of coffee from them. The Jet Fuel is the least palatable of the three I have tried.

Coffee People 50 Packs
Good price on those!

I have had all of them and there is not a Coffee People blend I haven't liked. The Jet Fuel, Black Tiger and Kona are staples for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #95
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

My staple is the Tully's Kona blend. Also the Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve and Dark Magic are really good too. I got the 24 count boxes from Kuerig when I registered my B40. It was the buy 2, get 2 free so with shipping was less than $30.

I'd be up for a k-cup pass if someone wants to put it together.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #96
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
My staple is the Tully's Kona blend. Also the Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve and Dark Magic are really good too. I got the 24 count boxes from Kuerig when I registered my B40. It was the buy 2, get 2 free so with shipping was less than $30.

I'd be up for a k-cup pass if someone wants to put it together.
We did that one time...I'd be in for another go around.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ht=keurig+pass
Old 12-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #97
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough

I'd be up for some Coffee passing. I love my Keurig. Our usual is the Caribou Coffee Morning Blend, my wife loves it, and I get a box of 90 cupsfor 35 bucks at Costco.

Having mine now for nearly 2 years, I can start to notice that it's brewing a little longer. I was just thinking I may need to descale mine.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #98
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough

I had one of the Keurigs that have a reservior and had troubles with the pump as I've seen others have. I got it warrantied then sold it on fleabay and proceeded to buy one of the mine Keurigs. I use it at the office and it works great. I think my favorite k-cup is Caribou Coffee Daybreak
Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #99
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
We did that one time...I'd be in for another go around.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ht=keurig+pass
Let me look at getting together a nice selection of cigars, and I might start one up. Should be fun!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #100
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
paris1129 is on a distinguished road

I picked up one of these as an X-mas gift for my mother. I've been thinking about getting one for myself, too. I've heard lots of good things!!

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote