Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Dan Hamborger Veermaster tin -vs- bulk

OK, who has had this both ways.

I love the tinned stuff. Have a couple tins tucked away that have been there for a while. Haven't had any in a while, just because it is so bloody expensive.

I never was in bulk. Now, you can get it by the pound. Many times, bulk versions of tinned blends seem to pale in comparison.

For those of you who have had HV tinned and from bulk, how does the bulk compare? What would be your thoughts?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dan Hamborger Veermaster tin -vs- bulk

If you get a pound and I'll take two- to four ounces + shipping off your hands, Rev'oke. If a few more people feel the same we can all come to our own opinion. Howzabout it? I'd like to try the bulk myself.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
If you get a pound and I'll take two- to four ounces + shipping off your hands, Rev'oke. If a few more people feel the same we can all come to our own opinion. Howzabout it? I'd like to try the bulk myself.
Mars Cigars & Pipes gets it by the pound for $34.95. Presently it is out of stock, so...

And, even if I get some, I don't know that I'd want to part with any of it, but store some in containers for sampling at different ages, to see how it ages.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
nate560
Just in from the Storm

First Name: steve
Trading: (5)
Partagas Navy (Disabled Vet)
nate560 is on a distinguished road

The bulk is very good I enjoy it very much. As far as I know Mars is the only place i've seen it in bulk thats where I get mine enjoy.
nate560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Benwoo

Smokingpipes appears to have it for $6.96 a tin, granted not the bulk you were referring to. But at that tin price or the $35/lb you mentioned earlier I don't see it being all that spendy for a premium blend, then again I'm fresh in so I haven't seen the prices climbing. And I'm sorry to report I haven't tried it yet

Chris
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate560 View Post
The bulk is very good I enjoy it very much. As far as I know Mars is the only place i've seen it in bulk thats where I get mine enjoy.
How does it compare to the tinned version?