Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
GAW
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (9)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
GAW is on a distinguished road
Default The Poor Mans Behike?

Pete Johnson, the owner of Havana Cellars and the Tatuaje cigar brand, is starting a new company, and Cigar Insider has all the details on its flagship brand.

Called L’Atelier Imports, the new company will be headquartered in Miami, rather than Los Angeles, where Havana Cellars is based. The company plans to debut a flagship brand, also called L'Atelier, that will be rolled at My Father Cigars from all-Nicaraguan filler and binder and wrapped in Ecuadoran leaf.

The brand will be medium to full bodied, according to Johnson, and the sizes are a take on the Cohiba Behike BHK trio launched by Cuba in 2010. There will be a LAT52 (4 3/4 inches by 52 ring), LAT54 (5 5/8 by 54), and a LAT56 (6 1/2 by 56), virtually identical to the trio of sizes in the Behike line, right down to the pigtail caps. L’Atelier will sell for $8.50 to $10 and will come in boxes of 15, and boxed samplers of nine cigars with three of each size. The line will debut in August at the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers trade show in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/16562
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: The Poor Mans Behike?

Those sure don't look like Behikes

Ugly looking cigars. Just the coloration....
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAW View Post
Pete Johnson, the owner of Havana Cellars and the Tatuaje cigar brand, is starting a new company, and Cigar Insider has all the details on its flagship brand.

Called L’Atelier Imports, the new company will be headquartered in Miami, rather than Los Angeles, where Havana Cellars is based. The company plans to debut a flagship brand, also called L'Atelier, that will be rolled at My Father Cigars from all-Nicaraguan filler and binder and wrapped in Ecuadoran leaf.

The brand will be medium to full bodied, according to Johnson, and the sizes are a take on the Cohiba Behike BHK trio launched by Cuba in 2010. There will be a LAT52 (4 3/4 inches by 52 ring), LAT54 (5 5/8 by 54), and a LAT56 (6 1/2 by 56), virtually identical to the trio of sizes in the Behike line, right down to the pigtail caps. L’Atelier will sell for $8.50 to $10 and will come in boxes of 15, and boxed samplers of nine cigars with three of each size. The line will debut in August at the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers trade show in Orlando, Florida.

Thanks For The Info! I'm In!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Tat ho!

Depending on pricing I might pick up a few
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Tat ho!
Yes we are!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I would buy 3 or 4 of the smallest one.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

I don't smoke anything I can't pronounce.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I will give them a try.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

sounds good!
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
ChicagoWhiteSox

What a joke. When will he stop ripping the Cubans off?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Brandon
Trout chaser

Trading: (0)
Brandon is on a distinguished road

Count me in for 20 boxes of each. I love any cigar whose packaging is a direct rip off of Cuban cigars!!!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
What a joke. When will he stop ripping the Cubans off?
Read his comments on the subject, instant hilarity. I got a good laugh.

Especially when he claimed the BHK 54 size idea was a rip off of his Cabaiguan Guapos size. Yeah I bet that was their idea when making the BHK 54

That certainly justifies how much you've stolen as well.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Count me in for 20 boxes of each. I love any cigar whose packaging is a direct rip off of Cuban cigars!!!
You'll enjoy most of Pete's cigars then
Old 06-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Read his comments on the subject, instant hilarity. I got a good laugh.

Especially when he claimed the BHK 54 size idea was a rip off of his Cabaiguan Guapos size. Yeah I bet that was their idea when making the BHK 54

That certainly justifies how much you've stolen as well.
Yeah I read it, pretty sad. Pete can do what he wishes I guess, people eat it up....
Old 06-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Yeah I read it, pretty sad. Pete can do what he wishes I guess, people eat it up....
I mean taste is taste, I understand people are going to smoke what they like. But Pete should have A LOT more class and decency. Do your own thing, don't just steal your way to the top. He's like the Dane Cook of the cigar world (there is kind of a resemblance isn't there?)

What really got my attention was when I saw that "Tatuaje 2012 LE Book" a few months back. CLEARLY ripped off, and not from the "Cubans of old". Then I saw this and I was pretty much speechless. He refers to current Cubans being sub-par yet he has no problem copying all the new packaging. I don't think anyone would be too upset if he stole the OLD OLD school packaging as a homage once or twice. Like a retro glass jar or those old tree branch style packaging. Hell that's already been done a few times, or something similar.

But don't slam the newer CC's and then copy all of their packaging. Why would you even do that if you claim they are so inferior to Nicaraguan tobacco?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
lilcgrsmkr
Ready to smoke

First Name: may
Trading: (0)
lilcgrsmkr is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info gaw!
lilcgrsmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

If they smoke good and taste good I'll buy them. I don't see the need to attach feelings over people I don't know or objects.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
Rock Star
Mike Hawk for President

First Name: Freddy
Trading: (1)
Rock Star is on a distinguished road

interesting bro, i dont even think the real thing is all that though. hope those are better. i mean, dont get me wrong, im sure the behikes will be good sooner or later
Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I mean taste is taste, I understand people are going to smoke what they like. But Pete should have A LOT more class and decency. Do your own thing, don't just steal your way to the top. He's like the Dane Cook of the cigar world (there is kind of a resemblance isn't there?)

What really got my attention was when I saw that "Tatuaje 2012 LE Book" a few months back. CLEARLY ripped off, and not from the "Cubans of old". Then I saw this and I was pretty much speechless. He refers to current Cubans being sub-par yet he has no problem copying all the new packaging. I don't think anyone would be too upset if he stole the OLD OLD school packaging as a homage once or twice. Like a retro glass jar or those old tree branch style packaging. Hell that's already been done a few times, or something similar.

But don't slam the newer CC's and then copy all of their packaging. Why would you even do that if you claim they are so inferior to Nicaraguan tobacco?

He does it just to piss you off, Bill.

It's a big conspiracy.

I'm serious, we cooked it up a few years ago down in Nicaragua over a couple bottles of La Flor de Cana 18.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
He does it just to piss you off, Bill.

It's a big conspiracy.

I'm serious, we cooked it up a few years ago down in Nicaragua over a couple bottles of La Flor de Cana 18.

This made me laugh hysterically. Probably the funniest thing I've read in a bit. Well done.

But no way someone buys more of that stuff after you've had one bottle