Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default New Improved Raiders Banter

Time to get rid of that old jinxed thread. It's time to start fresh!

Carr, Cooper, Crabtree, Murry, Mack, Woodson ... let's go Raider Nation!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Improved Raiders Banter

We need at least one guy that can cover a TE our CBs are non-existent... two would be asking too much. Fun team to watch now, have to just keep it in perspective that the oldest threat we have is Murray and he's only 25! A phantom facemask cost us big time and that ball bouncing out of Murry's hands right to a defender. Frustrating game... but for the right reasons not because we are sucking the entire game like the last decade.

The only real worry is the Defense that was suppose to be lights out, that being said the future is looking bright!
Old 10-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about

I so wanted to see them return that kickoff with all the laterals.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

WTF? Chicago?
I have sworn to hate the Raiders for eternity, but you guys are playing good ball.
I didn't see the game, but my guess would be that Derek Carr turned back into Derek Carr?

You guys have the Broncos and a Bye.
I want to see your boys give the Broncos a game.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Didn't get to see that game either Scott but I had the same reaction. I guess we were not ready to put on our big boy pants and get the job done on the road.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
AdamJoshua

L. Murray literally threw the game away. He was the pitch man on a pitch out and he literally pitched the ball right to the defensive player as the Raiders were driving in the red zone, then he was getting a pitch and took his eyes off the ball and the ball bounced off his hands right to the defender, bone head plays, he even said after the game he took his eyes off the ball both times. He didn't play the rest of the game, benched.

They still seem afraid to let Carr air it out to Cooper for the bomb, one great 25 yard pass and a brilliant over the head catch by Cooper in the end zone that was originally ruled out of bounds but the Raiders challenged and it was overturned and ruled a TD (great presence and hands by Cooper) This team is just waiting to catch fire, you can see the sparks, the big plays that are just calm and cool, easy to picture them doing that all game, every game. This is a fun team to watch and it's only going to get better, I am willing to bet Murray keeps his eyes on the ball from now on.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
AdamJoshua

Oh and the fact the defense had chances, a couple chances to stop the Bears on the final drive but gave up many many many 3rd down and 10 plays for first downs. Seems like we had them 3rd and 10 all day but would give up the first down, still waiting for this awesome defense to show up.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #8
badbriar

Anyone remember when Jim Plunkett was with Oakland? 2- rings!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Darryl Lamonica for the win.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:56 AM   #10
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Need more funny costumes in the stands
Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #11
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

What, no love for Dave Casper?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #12
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
Anyone remember when Jim Plunkett was with Oakland? 2- rings!
Gotta love the big ugly injun, the guy the Patriots gave up on.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 AM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Talking Re: New Improved Raiders Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
What, no love for Dave Casper?
None.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #14
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Gotta love the big ugly injun, the guy the Patriots gave up on.
They did not give up on him..they saved his life
Them Pats teams were bad..bad .very bad!!

I used to go all the time, you needed a hard hat if you were sitting low whiskey and beer bottles used to fly all over the place a few people every game had to get medical attention.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Jim Plunkett was badass.
How's about Cliff Branch?
I just mentioned Ray Guy when I was b1tching about these new kicking rules.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #16
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Who-Dey! Cincinnati destroyed Oakland
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #17
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Who-Dey! Cincinnati destroyed Oakland
True Dat, True Dat.

I don't think they will be the last this year either .......
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #18
AdamJoshua

Great game today, showing a lot of improvement after the bye. I thought they should have stepped on the Chargers' throats and kept racking up the points, relying too much on the defense and literally just trying to run out the clock for most of the second half. The second half they were just handing off most of the game, even when it wasn't working, barely any passes to Cooper or Crabtree.

Great win and as the local news guy said "It wasn't nearly as close as the score made it look, the Raiders won the game by the end of the first half. SD couldn't catch up even with them (the Raiders) barely trying for most of the second half."
Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #19
AdamJoshua

40 years as a Raiders fan, growing up in FL and following the team through the inch 40 word column in the sports section of the paper, 18 years in Boston having people tell me to just become a Pats fan, I hate the ****ing pats for what it's worth, 10 or so years in San Diego listening to people that think they are the Raiders biggest rival ever, and I see a light at the end of the tunnel, after 14 years of a crap product but still faithfully following the only team I've ever routed for in my life, I can finally see a light, it's getting closer and closer. Carr, Crabtree, Walford, Cooper, Murray, Homes, Woodson, Mack, Penn, Smith and Smith, Seabass even though he missed 2 against the Broncos that cost us that game, King, the list goes on and on, Holy ****, it's all coming together and the best part is the average age on the team is something like 25 and that's only cause Woodson skews the numbers. haha

Just win baby!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #20
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

It's great to see the jets get beat. That should secure the AFC East title to the Pats