Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
warpedcigars
Warehouse Smoking

Trading: (11)
warpedcigars is on a distinguished road
Default Casa Fuente Lancero

Finally got a break in the heat/rain to sit down an enjoy this. Ill keep it short and sweet.

Construction - Its what you would expect...perfect. The draw is perfect, its roll is spot on, pigtail cap is perfect.

1/3 - The Cameroon wrapper stands out, if you have enjoyed this wrapper, you know that flavor. It starts off with a sweet spice, sweet grass, oak. Dark leather starts coming through at the end of the 1/3.

2/3 - Reminds me of old Opus (before they started their downturn). Dark leather, oak, cinnamon, cherry, berries (that tart berry taste), dark cocoa. What I am amazed at is the complexity, flavors dont stay they go in and out in a good way, kept me guessing.

3/3 - Smoke bellows out every draw and provides you with the deep flavors of the 2/3 before it. What really stands out is the oak, dark leather, cherry. The spice is mellowing down even more, nose exhaling is all pepper though.

Final Score: 95/100

These retail for $25, while I didn't pay for mine (was from a trade), I will pay that price tag all day long. This wont be my last time smoking these.