Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Cigar Bundles of Miami Habano blend lancero

Another recent buy from the excellent CBOM. At $100 for a bundle of 25, these are a great value.

Nice looking wrapper. Head isn't perfect but the cut is fine and the draw is really good for a lancero.

First few draws...earth and spice. A nice bite in the nostrils. Good draw and lots of smoke.

About 1" in...strong spice (I call it the Nicaraguan Spice) in the nostrils with a woodsy note. The aroma of the cigar is NICE. So nice, in fact, that your wife probably wouldn't complain about it. Perfect burn and draw.

About 2" in...a nice flavor underneath the spice. A sort of baking spice flavor. The "strength" of the cigar is a solid medium-plus. Decent amount of bite in the nose.

About 3" in...similar flavors, but the bite has calmed down a bit. Small burn correction.

About halfway...similar flavors, but the 'baking spice' flavor is becoming more pronounced in the nose exhale.

A little past halfway...the baking spice flavor is still present, but a woodsy flavor is slowly overtaking it. As I type with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma coming from the foot is NICE. No joke, this is one of the best smelling cigars I've had in a long time.

Toward the end...the baking spice and wood flavors are competing with each other, with a slight liquor flavor creeping in on the finish. This is a really great smoke. Let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...great blend, great value, great smoke. Can't beat 'em for the price.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:18 AM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigar Bundles of Miami Habano blend lancero

Thanks for the review, I will put these on my radar
Old 01-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Where are the tobaccos from in this blend?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Where are the tobaccos from in this blend?
Looks like this.

These Bad Boy's are the finest around all premium Nicaraguan Long filler aged 6 years brought down from Esteli,Nicaragua and Rolled by the best Torcedores (rollers) around!

They are Packed 25 in a bundle with a sun grown havano wrapper for that exceptional Medium body flavor direct from Little Havana to your door step a sure fire winner for that Medium body Smoker!