Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #41
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Am I missing something about CC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
And still. That's it, I'm outta here.
Thank you.
At least now the discussion with Jon can proceed.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #42
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
Your probably right Moe, again they probably were fake.
Hard to know what you believe at this point.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #43
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Your probably right Moe, again they probably were fake.
Again... not what Im saying.

But would you agree that your experience with Havanas is limited?

You say the vendor is somebody that many of us buy from... please feel free to PM me, or one of the mods (Pnoon, Icehog and Lascivious are already in this thread) the name of the vendor. That would probably put the fake discussion to rest.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Yes Moe they were definitely real. He actually gets them from a reputable source that alot of you guys get yours from. I won't write them off, but I guarantee when I smoked only one Padron 1964 and only one tat black, and only one LP #9 I instantly loved them. Maybe my tastes will change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Again... not what Im saying.

But would you agree that your experience with Havanas is limited?

You say the vendor is somebody that many of us buy from... please feel free to PM me, or one of the mods (Pnoon, Icehob and Lascivious are already in this thread) the name of the vendor. That would probably put the fake discussion to rest.
Jon, I missed reading your post about the vendor your buddy buys from. Moe's post had me retread the whole thread. Take him up on his offer. Then we can eliminate the question of authenticity from the equation.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
They may just not be to your liking OP. I would advise you to give some more a try before deciding they aren't for you. However, as some have said NC's may just be more appealing for you.

Edit - Why don't you shoot me a PM with your addy Jon and maybe I can send you something that would change your mind.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:
Can I shoot you my addy too???

"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #47
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Can I shoot you my addy too???
You have more cigars than I do
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #48
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:
You have more cigars than I do
But yours are way better!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Jon...I'm on of the few on the board that prefers NCs to CCs every day of the week. I have smoked about 50-60 CCs, all different kinds and have not found one that really WOWED me. I gave up a long time ago and enjoy smoking my NCs.
This.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #50
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Don't force it. If you don't like them that is OK. Maybe your friend's cigars were fake maybe not. If you want to give CC's another chance you can try to get some CC's from a legimate source or you can continue enjoying your NC's. As many have said Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

I moved from being an NC smoker to a mostly smoking CC's. However, I still enjoy NC's -- just not as frrequently as I used to. All cigars have their place.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #51
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

The whole NC v. CC thing has come to be a bit of a misnomer. At one time, lumping all NCs together might have made sense, but with the amazing brands and the recognition of individual countries, this seems more and more artificial over time. This is merely my opinion.

Many people whom I greatly respect here prefer Nicaraguan cigars over CCs. This is a much more point specific distinguishment that I can really relate to. As is my one friend who likes Nicaraguan cigars with Equadoran wrappers. This, I get. The whole NC v. CC debate is one that I can't really relate to anymore. But that is just me.

But at the end of the day, smoke what makes you happy. Anyone who doesn't agree with that simple statement, well, they ain't welcome on my patio.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #52
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Vendor verified as a legit source.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #53
Brandon
Trout chaser

Trading: (0)
Brandon is on a distinguished road

Ignorance is bliss. I wish I could be happy drinking cheap beer, liquor, and wine... and smoking 4 dollar "domestics" that I could walk into a store down the road and find on the shelves any day of the week....
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #54
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Ignorance is bliss. I wish I could be happy drinking cheap beer, liquor, and wine... and smoking 4 dollar "domestics" that I could walk into a store down the road and find on the shelves any day of the week....
Me too
Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #55
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
They may just not be to your liking OP. I would advise you to give some more a try before deciding they aren't for you. However, as some have said NC's may just be more appealing for you.

Edit - Why don't you shoot me a PM with your addy Jon and maybe I can send you something that would change your mind.
Sounds good. I'll pm you my addy as well.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #56
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Sounds good. I'll pm you my addy as well.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #57
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Jon...I'm on of the few on the board that prefers NCs to CCs every day of the week. I have smoked about 50-60 CCs, all different kinds and have not found one that really WOWED me. I gave up a long time ago and enjoy smoking my NCs.
Jon, Mac and I have talked at length about this exact topic. I was in the same place as he was up until the last year or so.
I took a break from smoking, mostly due to health. I liked the nastiest, strongest, darkest, most delicious maduros I could jam in my face. When it came to cc's, they just had nothing for me. They were entirely too subtle and sissified, I needed a nic puro or dominican puro that was hella strong just to satisfy my tastes. Mostly it was because of my 2 can a day snuff habit, Mac chews too.
Anyways, after taking that break, Clayton gifted me a fiver of cc's that I'd been holding onto and I laid into them. They were fabulous. I loved them all and I could appreciate them because I had some of my senses back.

I still wasn't a convert, not by any means. But that opened the door. Fast forward a couple years and I found myself smoking less and less nc's, well, because quite frankly, they sucked ass. They've been rapidly going downhill for quite some time so far as I'm concerned. There are still some excellent smokes, but where once there were hundreds of talented and complex blends, it was a struggle to find anything new that wasn't boring.

I took that opportunity to go back and rediscover cc's and I've not stopped since. While most guys enjoy older cc's, I like freshies. They're new and strong and full of flavor. They keep well, are more sought after the older they get, and a 4 year old box of cc's is generally just about as strong as it was new. Not so with nc's, or at least most of them.
When my cc's get too old for me to really enjoy them, I know someone else is going to go absolutely gaga over them, and that makes me happy. I can swap my old stuff for new stuff. I can't lose. With nc's, even Padrons suffer after 5 or 6 years, becoming far too mild for me to really enjoy.

All this to say, you don't have to like anything you don't want. If cc's aren't tripping your trigger now, they probably will later. Do be aware that at this point in the game, so far as cc's are concerned, you really don't know anything. That's not a dig or a jab, it's just a matter of fact. It's a good thing, too. You have that whole other world waiting for you when you're ready. I'd be willing to bet a fiver that when you get there, you're gonna find you enjoy them greatly. I didn't think I'd ever see that day after smoking a couple hundred cc's, but I never gave up on them. Despite my current feelings on the state of nc's, I haven't given up on them, either.
I just like cigars. And I smoke what I like.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #58
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

First Name: Paul
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
PCR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
You also have to take age of the cigar into consideration. Some CCs need quite a few years to mature.
+1... Age on CC's is a must.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCR View Post
+1... Age on CC's is a must.
A must. I humbly disagree.

To the OP, I would suggest being a little more open minded to the feedback that you requested. You seem to be quick with the trigger. Just saying...

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #60
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

My only cc experience is from DBall BTT and there were some I really loved, some that were decent and some I wouldn't care to revisit. I can say that the ones I really loved were better than any NC I've ever had. I had a Bolivar Exclusivo Canada on independence day that is to date the best cigar I've ever had. Its also the only cigar > $20 where I felt it was worth the cost. I got it through a friend of a friend, so I suppose it could have been fake, but I don't really have any reason to believe it wasn't based on the flavors. If it was, I was still very pleased with it.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote