wrench turner 85
I'm the Ocho Cinco!

Trading: (0)
Partagas
wrench turner 85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fiji water story

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Agreed. We have a local called TableRock Mountain Spring Water and it's the best water I have ever had. I've visited the actual spring and the bottling facility. They only filter it for trash. Otherwise, it goes straight into the bottle because it's so clean. Yes, water does taste different depending where it comes from. I drink water almost exclusively. I go through about 10-12 gallons in a week. The local tap water around here tastes chalky and almost salty with a slight chlorine smell. Not good at all and filters don't help.
to ture bro. And full of sedaments. you know what that does bro
Old 08-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
We do Deer Park. I'm pretty sure that it is bottled fairly locally.

I know there is still some waste associated with the trucking and running the refridgeraton and heating in the dispenser, but I feel good knowing the large bottles are recycled/reused and it's GOT to be better to fill our (reusable) bottles up at home then buy them in the store and throw them away.

And if you still think it's unnecessary you must have never tasted Philadelphia city water.

Funny I just got this today from Deer Park:

Dear Valued Customer,

Today, many consumers are trying to do their part for the environment by purchasing eco-friendly products whenever possible.

Reduce As a Deer Park Direct customer, you are already taking a simple step toward minimizing your impact on the environment by purchasing Deer Park 5 gallon bottles. That's because these bottles have a unique environmental footprint compared to other beverage containers. Unlike most packaged products that are used only once and recycled at a low rate, these bottles are part of a more sustainable closed-loop process:
reuse Each bottle is collected, cleaned, filled, and used an average of 35 times.

Recycle Once each bottle has reached the end of its useful life, Deer Park Direct ensures that the plastic from 100% of these bottles is recycled and given a new life as second generation products such as children's play sets and lawn furniture.

Responsible Thank you for purchasing Deer Park (3 or 5) gallon bottles and doing your part to minimize our impact on the planet.

Sincerely,

Donald Chapman
VP of Marketing
Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

We've doing the "fill yourself" pump station near a Home Depot. It's $1.50 to fill a 5 gallon jug. I use to have Poland Springs delivered for over a decade, but they kept raising their prices and seemed too expensive. Their billing system was lousy too.