Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default To the nub

It's a beautiful day in south FL and i smoked this AJF Bellas Artes to the nub. What a joy it is to be alive. Pancreatitis hasn't killed me, Cirrhosis hasn't killed me, Diabetes hasn't killed me, COVID hasn't killed me or damaged my taste buds. Every day it's nice to wake up and be ALIVE. I actually get bummed when the day ends because i just don't want it to. I spent time with my church family, my earthly family, and broke bread with friends. Now i get to share my joy with my friends here. I've faced death enough to know to never let it run your life. I know some of you face lockdowns still which makes it hard but it's not impossible to find joy in living. I hope your New Year is going as well as mine or better brothers and sisters. God bless you all and may your cups run over!
Old 01-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: To the nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post

It's a beautiful day in south FL and i smoked this AJF Bellas Artes to the nub. What a joy it is to be alive. Pancreatitis hasn't killed me, Cirrhosis hasn't killed me, Diabetes hasn't killed me, COVID hasn't killed me or damaged my taste buds. Every day it's nice to wake up and be ALIVE. I actually get bummed when the day ends because i just don't want it to. I spent time with my church family, my earthly family, and broke bread with friends. Now i get to share my joy with my friends here. I've faced death enough to know to never let it run your life. I know some of you face lockdowns still which makes it hard but it's not impossible to find joy in living. I hope your New Year is going as well as mine or better brothers and sisters. God bless you all and may your cups run over!
That's some great encouragement my friend. Thx
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

God Bless you too, Jason. I'm glad you're around, being inspirational and dropping some excellent reviews on us too. It's definitely good to be alive, My Friend.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:01 AM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
dropping some excellent reviews on us too..
I was wondering if anyone even read them because i don't get much feedback so thank you Tom for the feedback! You have no idea of how much that means to me God bless you too brother!
Old 01-05-2022, 08:51 AM   #5
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I'm back Jason. I was very active in CA for a long time then drifted. I'm back and I'm reading your posts. I love your posts about faith, family, friends, and of course good cigars. Keep them coming. Your story and faith is encouraging. I need to do a few posts of my own.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #6
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I'm back Jason. I was very active in CA for a long time then drifted. I'm back and I'm reading your posts. I love your posts about faith, family, friends, and of course good cigars. Keep them coming. Your story and faith is encouraging. I need to do a few posts of my own.
Glad to have you back Mike! Join the fun because we need some of the old crew to come back and start having fun again. God bless you!
Old 01-07-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

i'm jealous. i wish I had the same outlook as you. i lost my wife, the absolute love of my life, almost 2.5 years ago. i'm so lost it isn't even funny anymore.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #8
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
i'm jealous. i wish I had the same outlook as you. i lost my wife, the absolute love of my life, almost 2.5 years ago. i'm so lost it isn't even funny anymore.
Dave i've been in the pits of despair before and while i can't sympathize with what you're going through i can tell you the one thing that drove me through it all was my faith and that God always has a plan for us. It's hard to see down the road when you're right up against the wall all the time but better days will find you and i'll be praying for you tonight my friend. God bless you brother!
Old 01-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #9
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

We were together 19 years and married for 16 years. Life is super hard right now. Even with a "chapter 2" that I truly want to spend the rest of my earthly life with. You're the best, brother. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:08 AM   #10
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Love All Your Reviews, Jason!. Thank You For The Encouraging Words, Brother. God Is Good & It's Good To Be Alive! God Bless You!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #11
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Dave, I'm with Bruce. While I'm very happy and very blessed, my life has had its difficulties. My faith in Christ as my savior and in his Word (the Bible) has been the foundation for everything. Some think faith is a lucky rabbit's foot and we'll have a perfect peaceful life. However, it doesn't work that way. Most of Christ's disciples were martyred for their faith. He even told them before his death that many would hate them because they followed him. My point is God also said that we're hear for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to see or understand what that is but, he assures us over and over in his Word that life is precious and is not in vain.

I've been married 20 years myself and I cannot imagine losing my wife. My heart sinks just thinking about that. I cannot fathom the loss. The closest loss I've experienced was my step-brother. He was only 3 months apart from me in age. He died just before turning 20. He got into drugs and didn't know about a genetic heart defect; one my step-dad's entire family has. It was only discovered because of his tragic death. Learning of that defect has likely saved the lives of my step-dad, both my step-sisters, and several of my cousins (step). Was that why God took him at such a young age? I don't know. His loss is a scar that my whole family bears to this day. I praise God my wife got to meet him, even though it was just once. His loss still hurts. I still miss him but, I praise God for the years we had with him.

I don't meant to make this about me. I know every situation is different. Just know that I feel for you and I will keep you in my prayers as well.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:40 PM   #12
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Mike - thank you for the kind words of encouragement. The prayers are much appreciated.