Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #21
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
I'm bummed I missed the McCelland days and their tobacco. All I hear and see is frog Morton this and frog Morton that. But at the same time I'm glad I did. I have no idea what I'm missing out on and what I wont be able to get again! You cant miss what you've never had. I'm having no problem finding blends and brands I do like.

I tried another bowl of brown clunee last night and this time I loved it. I slowed down with my cadence and didnt puff on my pipe so hard. It was a brand new tobacco for me that time around. I also had it sitting out for awhile too vs straight from tin to pipe.
you didn't miss much in regards to McClellands blends. very few were really worth purchasing. their flakes were so frustrating and damn near impossible to keep lit/enjoy.
*and mike was a jerk

i don't get on here much anymore, but i think i read that you still smoke cigars?
if so, you may not be able to catch some of the more subtle flavors that i milder smoke like Old Gowrie presents just due to the fact your tastebuds need something with a lot of punch. and for being a VaPer (my fav genre), it is on the milder of perique peppery, if i recall. it used to be made by Kohlasse & Kopp (if i spelled that right), and was the bees knees. i haven't bought tobacco since about 2006, so i don't know who's making it now.

a lot of the people i know from being on the boards and in person, who were making the switch from cigars (and/or still smoked cigarettes), i would angle more towards the English and Oriental blends, that way they would actually get some taste out of it. essentially, if you're still smoking cigars/cigarettes, your tastebuds are hammered. it took me a good month of strictly pipe smoking before i was able to notice some of the underlying flavors of VA's and VaPers.