Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #21
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FreeCreditReport Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsofClubDeck View Post
They are starting to lose a bit of relevance. "Gas prices soaring up sky high."

I paid $1.70 today. Less than I paid for my first tank of gas when I turned 16.
Wow. I paid $1.05 when I turned 16. There were places that still had it for $0.99 when I was that age if you looked hard enough.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 AM   #22
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I'm actually one of those that advertiser's hate, because if an advertisement annoys me enough I WILL remember it, and that memory will NOT spark a desire to purchase that product. Quite the opposite effect, in fact.

You are correct in that successful advertising does result in successful sales of the product. Advertising that has people talking negatively and does not result in product sales isn't successful.
There is no doubt that some people don't buy a product because of an annoying ad that sticks in their mind. However what ad agencies have found over the years is just the opposite - the annoying ads do work. Look at it this way, if the annoying ads didn't work then sales of the product would be stagnate or decline. The ad agency would then lose the account if the ads didn't work. The "trend" would then be to get away from the annoying type ads.

And, of course, there is always the fact that what is annoying to you and me may not be annoying to a majority of the intended audience. And, you and I are probably smart enough to not make purchases based on what we see on TV.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #23
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Wow. I paid $1.05 when I turned 16. There were places that still had it for $0.99 when I was that age if you looked hard enough.
Oh, crap.... I remember filling up an empty VW bug when I first turned 17 for about $2 ($.23 a gallon). I am soooooo old.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #24
SmokinAFuente

My kid likes to watch the Free Credit Report Commercials on YouTube. lol
Old 11-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #25
funnymantrip

The worst commercial out now is the guitar hero/risky buisness spoof.. You here the music and you are playing Russian Roulette with what comes next. Atheletes in their underware for the loss, or Heidi Klum for the big win.