Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Casa Pineda corona

Andrew, owner of Guillen Cigars, not only made cigars with my nickname in honor of our friendship, he also made cigars for Aldrin aka S0lefule 0ne in honor of their friendship, and I bought a box of those cigars in honor of my friendship with both of them. The Casa Pineda, as this cigar is called, is made out of Nicaraguan filler and binder with an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper. The light colored wrapper on the 5.5 x 42 corona looks smooth and silky with a few minor and one big vein. The cigars come in a pretty white wooden box and are individually packed in cellophane. Once released the cigar has a nice aroma of straw. The construction feels good and the predraw is just fine.

When I light the cigar I can taste a light coffee aroma, a bit sour and a bit spicy in the front of my mouth. The sour flavor is not unpleasant, and after about half an inch the coffee is replaced with some spicy wood. Halfway the sourness fades away and some white pepper shows up. After 2/3rds its just wood only.

In the beginning the burn caused some concerns, but it corrected itself. The ash is pretty light colored. The smoke is plenty, thick and white. I would call this cigar medium bodied, medium flavored. The construction and draw are good, but I expect nothing less from Guillen cigars, never had a badly constructed or plugged cigar from them.

Would I buy this cigar again? Maybe, if Andy have some left when the box I bought is empty.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
Old 08-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Casa Pineda corona

Thanks for the review Ferdie. I had one a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It reminded me of and RS 12.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sitting on a few in the humi now...might have to visit this sooner than I wanted too.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
dubnick

Thanks for the review Ferdie!!!