Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
DanD2124
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
DanD2124 is on a distinguished road
Default DanD2124 Wineador Build

Hello all,

I saw some other members builds so I figured I share mine.

I bought this wineador off CL already set up. I paid $250, I thought it was a decent deal since the wine cooler is around $199 and figure another $150 for drawers and shelves. The drawers and shelves are from chaisdor. When I got it home I charged some of the beads the former owner had and the humidity sky rocketed because of too much distilled water. I took them out let the wineador settle for a bit. I ended up getting 70% Heartfelt Beads. I have had good luck with 70% rh in my wooden humidors so I just stuck with that. I got 2lbs of beads as I see most members went with that for faster recovery time when you open the door. I put 2 containers at the bottom and one on the second shelf. I also had 4 cigar coffins and put beads in those and put them in each drawer. I don't know if that will help anything I just figured they can absorb any rh as needed. The only beads I charged were the larger container on the bottom on the left side. And I only spray them very lightly with distilled water maybe 3-4 sprays. After a week the beads were holding good so I added cigars one drawer at a time. I thing after the first drawer I gave 4 hours then add some more waited till the next day and added the rest. And the humidity is holding good. I have 4 hygrometers in the wineador 2 at the bottom one in the middle and one at the top. As you'll see in the pics that they all have different readings but I just calibrated all of them before I put the 70 rh beads in there the one on the bottom right is -6 bottom left is +3 and the one on the top is +4. The one in the middle is spot on. After running the wineador for a few weeks I decided to add a computer fan hooked up to a timer to circulate the air and rh a bit. I pointed the fan upwards. Right now I'm pretty happy with my rh levels. Seems to be +/- 2% through out the wineador.

The only problem I'm having is when my ac is off in the house the temp spiked to 70 and humidity dropped to 64 rh. Now granted the house was pretty hot that day I think it was around 82 in house. We have had a heat wave here and the ac has been on for the past 2-3 weeks straight. Is that normal for the humidity to drop that much cause ambient factors (temp/humidity)?

Here's the pics enjoy!

DanD2124 is offline   Reply With Quote