Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #21
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Comic Books (Like I need another slope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Lol, ok thanks
Da nada, bro.

To be honest, I did collect the first issues of this zombie title, as it was too odd to miss:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife_with_Archie
Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #22
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Love the title heh
Old 04-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Love the title heh
You like that, Mickey? Well, this comes out next week.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ator-1-preview

FYI, the artist Fernando Ruiz will be in my local shop on the 25th to sign copies.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #24
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
I also got eleven of those in the mail last week along with ten Weird War Tales; nice copies, cheap. I'm in "hunter gatherer" mode. Whee!

No Sgt. Rock or Unkown Soldier yet?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #25
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Or Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, apparently.

Yes, THAT Fury, when he was still white.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #26
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

You may not know Superman is flying out of Metropolis, but they know it in The Baxter Building.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...ye-to-new-york
Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #27
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Here's your weekly preview of what is hitting the racks this Wednesday. Click on the blue Item Code next to a title you find interesting, and check out a few pages on those in orange highlights.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/952
Old 04-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #28
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Jeez, I feel horrible reading all this cool stuff. All I ever had was Richy Rich and The Archies.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #29
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Jeez, I feel horrible reading all this cool stuff. All I ever had was Richy Rich and The Archies.
What? No Little Lulu or Hot Stuff? Not even Uncle Scrooge?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #30
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Here's your weekly preview of what is hitting the racks this Wednesday. Click on the blue Item Code next to a title you find interesting, and check out a few pages on those in orange highlights.

Thanks Thomas! That's good info to have. I got in 28 Marvel Two-in-One's a few days ago and a Captain Storm #2 today. I'm still waiting for another 12 Two-in-One's. Thanks for turning me on to them.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #31
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

You're welcome? Glad I pushed you further down the dangerous slope. Collecting comics is a perfidious habit which can easily become an addictive obsession.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #32
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:

You're welcome? Glad I pushed you further down the dangerous slope. Collecting comics is a perfidious habit which can easily become an addictive obsession.
You don't say...
Old 04-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #33
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

For me, it was Sgt. Fury, Sgt. Rock, G.I. Combat around the early to mid 60's. I believe around 64 or 65, a really cool short lived series appeared called M.A.R.S. Patrol Total War. I was living in India at the time when the series appeared, and read the first two comics in the series, and then could not find any more. Really enjoyed Total War

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Yeah, I'll confess too. Richy Rich and I'll thrown in Casper the Friendly Ghost
Old 04-14-2015, 12:36 AM   #34
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
For me, it was Sgt. Fury, Sgt. Rock, G.I. Combat around the early to mid 60's. I believe around 64 or 65, a really cool short lived series appeared called M.A.R.S. Patrol Total War. I was living in India at the time when the series appeared, and read the first two comics in the series, and then could not find any more. Really enjoyed Total War

Yeah, I'll confess too. Richy Rich and I'll thrown in Casper the Friendly Ghost
I have a bunch of G.I. Combat and Weird War, too. I tend toward the war books because they usually contain complete stories and not serials. This is gettin' bad, quick.

I just looked up M.A.R.S. Patrol Total War, the 'bay has bunches of them!
Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #35
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
I just looked up M.A.R.S. Patrol Total War, the 'bay has bunches of them!
...I know Darren!

Wiki has a nice summary about the M.A.R.S. Patrol series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.A.R.S._Patrol_Total_War

My imagination ran wild with this comic, as I thought, how easy (during this period in time possibly) it would have been for an unknown invading force to invade the USA, have gas stations, natural gas/oil, food, distribution centers conveniently located for their utilization during a strike.

Always thought this would have made an interesting movie series, especially with todays special effects capabilities...
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #36
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Ah comics, another fun hobby. I used to buy but they just got so expensive
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #37
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

For a sad reason, some of those Marvel Team-Ups may have just increased in value.

http://comicsalliance.com/herb-trimp...letter_4573509
Old 04-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #38
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Did you get your copy of Archie Vs. Predator yet? No? Well maybe you are holding out for this.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...aking_bulletin

Old 04-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #39
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The linky quoted updates automatically each week, so you'll find this Wednesday's new releases there. I mentioned Uncle Scrooge above, and not totally by happenstance.

Quote:

Old 04-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #40
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Did you get your copy of Archie Vs. Predator yet? No? Well maybe you are holding out for this.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...aking_bulletin

I saw that, but I'm not an Archie fan. Bizarre stuff, though. I'm focusing primarily on vintage stuff but my one concession to modern comics is a subscription to Rocket Racoon.

Mark: You know, Hollywood ran out of new ideas years ago, so maybe...