Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #1
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Covid Sucks

My experience this past week.

Spent the past 5 days laying in bed, in and out of it after a family vacation. Started feeling crappy Sunday. Quick test Monday negative. PCR test Tuesday results came Friday - positive.

Was actually relieved it was Covid as if not there was something really wrong with me.

Today is the first day I actually feel almost normal again so about a week start to finish - must be omicron.

Three Pfizer jabs for this smoker. I assume it helped forestall worse symptoms but who knows. There were a couple nights where the congestion led to concerns about breathing but it was nasal/head vs lung issues and decongestants/sprays and lots of tissue did the trick.

We live in strange times where after a couple years of disruption and "flattening the curve" activities a serious spike in infections of a mutated, vaccine resistant, more contagious but tamer (head cold vs lung infection) version of the virus may finally be the ticket to get us out of all this.

Just didn't feel like it at the time.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Covid Sucks

Sorry to hear of your illness, but glad it was not worse and that you are feeling better.

And yeah, this virus sucks, big time.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:01 AM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Dave i'm glad you're okay! It's been a minute since we've talked as well. I got covid back in 20' with the wild variant and that sucker hurt. we lived but it took us down hard. even after getting covid i still got the vaccines and a booster just to be safe because this virus sucks! So, far so good for us though and after living in south Fl i'm done with masks and everything unless i HAVE to. I'm just grateful to be alive today after all i've been though. How's your family now? did you lose your sense of taste and smell? thankfully that part didn't effect me. Missed ya brother! God bless you!
Old 01-09-2022, 11:08 AM   #4
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Glad you are on the mend, Dave.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #5
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Glad you back to the land of the living
Time for a Really nice cigar if you can find one
Old 01-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

My wife and I had it back in August of 2020. We both got the vaccine, but not the booster. And now, we both have it again. It is not bad, but it is a pain in the neck.

Praying for you for speedy healing and recovery.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #7
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear things are good. You lose your sense of taste at all?

Count down to your recovery cigar.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #8
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Dave that sucks but glad your getting better

Get on the mend
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Glad You're Better, Dave!. From What I Understand The Symptoms Aren't As Bad If You've Had The Vaccines/ Booster, But You Can Still Get This BadBoy COVID.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:02 PM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Good to hear that you are feeling better, Dave!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:27 PM   #11
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Thanks for the well wishes.

Up and about today. Drove to the shack with Jane and Daisy. Didn't lose my sense of taste. Apparently my sense of smell did suffer. After not showering for a few days Jane started to comment about my bouquet.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:21 PM   #12
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Thanks for the well wishes.

Up and about today. Drove to the shack with Jane and Daisy. Didn't lose my sense of taste. Apparently my sense of smell did suffer. After not showering for a few days Jane started to comment about my bouquet.
Damn it!

Seriously glad you're feeling better!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #13
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Good to hear that you are doing better. I hate to say it but this is something that everyone is going to come down with unless they develop an actual vaccine like we have for measles, smallpox, etc.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:41 PM   #14
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Oh, that "bouquet".

I'm hoping that between vaccines and boosters, and mutations which may be more contagious but have less serious effects, that Covid may become just like the flu. Different strains of varying intensities, but only very dangerous for those with other maladies or compromised immune systems. You know, those who can die from the flu. That's my hope, because the masks and all the restrictions are getting really, really old.

I hope none of this offends any Inmate, as I truly wish the best health possible for every one of you.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:52 PM   #15
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Long as I have my hog Wormer I am good. Been taking it for about 8 months and I am out and about regularly and haven't caught it yet, thank the Lord.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Long as I have my hog Wormer I am good. Been taking it for about 8 months and I am out and about regularly and haven't caught it yet, thank the Lord.
Hmmm, I wonder if I have this naturally....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:27 PM   #17
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Omicron, while milder, is making it’s run around here. Something mysterious is going on with it too. According to our local hospital, it seems to be binding with the flu virus and then infecting people simultaneously with the flu. This odd combination, flurona, got my coworkers wife. And some weird symptoms to go with it. She awoke Friday looking pale, almost gray. He took her temperature and it was 93°. He took her to er and told them her temp was 93°. Nurse said that if that was the case, she’d be in a coma. They took her temp and he heard the nurse yell OMG! And they wheeled her in. It seems these viruses triggered the body into thinking she was going into hypothermia so the blood vessels to her extremeties were constricted causing blood flow to only go to torso area. They gave her an iv with valium and within minutes, she was back to normal. No matter what is said about this covid ****, it isn’t natural for a virus to behave this way. Just a theory for now but those xtra protein spikes omicron has? It helps it to bind with other viruses. Some scary stuff we’re dealing with here.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #18
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Interesting. Not sure if it’s similar but my reaction to the mRNA booster gave me the chills for two days. I swear it effected my circulatory system in some weird way. My temperature was normal, did the iWatch ECG and normal, but shakes and chills galore.

Not pleasant at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Omicron, while milder, is making it’s run around here. Something mysterious is going on with it too. According to our local hospital, it seems to be binding with the flu virus and then infecting people simultaneously with the flu. This odd combination, flurona, got my coworkers wife. And some weird symptoms to go with it. She awoke Friday looking pale, almost gray. He took her temperature and it was 93°. He took her to er and told them her temp was 93°. Nurse said that if that was the case, she’d be in a coma. They took her temp and he heard the nurse yell OMG! And they wheeled her in. It seems these viruses triggered the body into thinking she was going into hypothermia so the blood vessels to her extremeties were constricted causing blood flow to only go to torso area. They gave her an iv with valium and within minutes, she was back to normal. No matter what is said about this covid ****, it isn’t natural for a virus to behave this way. Just a theory for now but those xtra protein spikes omicron has? It helps it to bind with other viruses. Some scary stuff we’re dealing with here.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:11 PM   #19
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Glad you’re feeling better, my wife, our 3 small children and I all got it in March last year, my wife had a headache for a day the rest of us were asymptomatic. The wife and I refuse the jab, luckily as does 90%+ of my company so our boss will be forced to test us weekly come February (industrial electrical contractors and we have to obey new OSHA cr*p). Probably got it again Christmas as both my parents and brother all tested positive and I refuse to wear a mask, but I wasn’t about to wait in line for up to 3 hours over the holiday and pay money to get a nose swab to tell me if I’m sick when I feel fine. Take it or leave it thats my sentiment to this cr*p, I feel like this whole mess has become too politi… I’m gonna stop there. Everyone take you’re vitamins, hit the gym, follow a healthy diet and say your prayers.
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:17 PM   #20
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough

Glad you are on the mend! My wife who has worked on the Covid floor of our hospital shares the same hope of the decreasing danger of Covid. This “head cold” variant (omnicron) is preferable to delta.

Again, glad you are feeling better.
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote