Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Flat rate box delivery times to your intended Shippee
About Two Days, as advertised 28 70.00%
3 Days or more 10 25.00%
5 days or more 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The USPS FRB dilly-dally poll

Usually two...unless headed to the wrong coast.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #22
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

I can't really choose a poll option because it depends. I regularly get packages from FL and PA delivered to me in 2 days flat. Anything sent to me Priority from less than 200 miles away from me takes 5-7 days. So the closer the sender is to me the longer it takes for me to receive it. I've also had some get sidetracked for weeks and delivered anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months late.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #23
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
So officially...IT IS just me, lol.
For clarification -- are you talking about shipping or receiving?

You said that you receive stuff at work (when you can); what is the travel time for these packages?

When you ship do you drop the packages off at the Post Office? What is the pickup schedule (usually listed on the dropbox) where you drop them off?

My local Post Offices allow me to drop my FRB packages off at the loading dock when they are open. Otherwise I load them into the package receiving station inside the PO, which they say they pick up about every 90 minutes.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #24
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

First Name: Jason
Trading: (24)
Partagas
deadrise has a spectacular aura aboutdeadrise has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Two days unless I'm shipping to the left coast, then it's 3. But rarely is it more than that.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

From when I used to ship stuff for a living, I found that the further folks were from a PO hub, the more the days increased.
If I use what I know to order stuff, I can get Priority Mail stuff next day. I'm close to a hub and just need to order from outfits that are close to a hub, or are close to my hub.
If I'm two regional PO's away from a hub, it adds a day or two. That's gotten better, it used to be two days for sure. If the seller is two regionals away from a hub, it's going to be a five day shipment no matter how you slice it.
Hub to Hub shipment is seldom more than 24 hours, if ever. So from Johnstown PA to San Diego, CA, that's a day, period. Then you have to add each end. Where the seller lives in respect to the nearest hub and where the buyer live in respect to the closest hub compound the issue.
Be thankful you don't live in Texas, Brad. Most addresses there are 7 days minimum from anywhere in the US.
If you constantly get longer than normal service, it's either because your mailman hates you or you're too far from a hub, geographically. I.E., move. It's your fault cause of where you live.

Remember when we used to have to rip the square box out of the magazine, fill it out, put a check in the envelope, and wait 4 to 6 weeks for ANYTHING we ordered?
Quit your b1tchin, you spoiled punk.