Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #41
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Default Re: End of the world is coming soon!

I am honestly working on the marriage part, we have talked about it in length and she is still not impressed with the aspect of another marriage. She thinks "I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that I love you". Which I can see her reasoning but I am more stubborn than she is and I will get her to marry me one of these days in the near future.

Thank you all for the sound advice, especially the exploding diapers... I had a horrific visual of innocent by standers getting peppered with spatter. I promise to love all of our children in the home without limits.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #42
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft72 View Post
Awesome! Congrats on your first and it being a boy. It is an exciting time where everything is crazy. It will get crazier for sure, but it all works out. My oldest is about to turn 5 and I still remember the moment in the hospital when he popped out. It was a long birth and everyone was wiped out, but that moment when I saw him was remarkable.

Now I sit with 4 boys with the youngest at 9 months. I am not sure if it's possible to stock pile sleep, but try if you can My youngest just recently sleeping through most nights. Enjoy it because it is fun, although it will be frustrating at times. 3am when the kid won't stop crying for some unknown reason.........you just have to keep rocking him, singing/humming, or whatever else you can think of that will comfort him.

Good luck with the other situation also. I can't imagine what kind of pressure that would bring upon a relationship.
Our oldest in the house is turning 5 on April 19th which is the day before my bday. He is excited to play in the bouncy castles together to celebrate lol. He can be quite a handful at times especially when he comes back reprogrammed whenever he stays at his dads house. I love that kid all the same, I couldn't imagine my life without him or his mother in it.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Not only do you have the two perks I mentioned above but the babies get a lot of nutrients that they normally don't get with formula. Our daughter was always a lot healthier and got less colds compared to our friends with other kids her age that were on formula. Win, Win all around IMHO.
FWIW, my four year old has had a cold a few times since birth. Maybe one ear infection. And was formula fed. And, he's one of the brightest kids in his class. My sister's child (who is solely breastfed) constantly is battling with sicknesses and ear infections. I would venture so far to say that there are other environmental factors that contribute to the overall health of teh child than simply "formula vs breastmilk." Can't force the mother to breastfeed. I do hear you on the cost of formula though.

And those late nights when the kid needs consoling? Some of my best memories are rocking the baby in the middle of the night, being able to be the calming part of the whole thing, and the two of us just looking at each other, trying to communicate love through facial expression.

OP- Congrats! There is nothing like being a parent. A trick I've used is to EXPECT no sleep. EXPECT getting frustrated. If you expect trying times, they are very easy to deal with when they do happen. If I went into it thinking that I expected a full night's sleep, it would've drove me crazy.

Last edited by pektel; 04-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #44
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
Our oldest in the house is turning 5 on April 19th which is the day before my bday. He is excited to play in the bouncy castles together to celebrate lol. He can be quite a handful at times especially when he comes back reprogrammed whenever he stays at his dads house. I love that kid all the same, I couldn't imagine my life without him or his mother in it.
You and I will have to take time to enjoy a good smoke next Friday. I turn another year older as well.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #45
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
I will most certainly entertain the thought of marriage, I had actually given it a fair bit of thinking before we even planned on the little one.
Quote:
I couldn't imagine my life without him or his mother in it.
Still just "thinking" about it or "entertaining" the idea? Or engaged? Did I miss a post on the subject?
If so, double congrats.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #46
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

I finally had the talk with Sarah's father and he said he "Would be honored to call me his son" so I guess I have been doing something right! Visited the courthouse yesterday and now the waiting period. Have the officiant all lined up, Thank you Kevin (LOBO) and I will officially be a married man in a short time.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Very Cool Jesse!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #48
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Congrats again, Jesse!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #49
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
I finally had the talk with Sarah's father and he said he "Would be honored to call me his son" so I guess I have been doing something right! Visited the courthouse yesterday and now the waiting period. Have the officiant all lined up, Thank you Kevin (LOBO) and I will officially be a married man in a short time.
ghost chilis at the reception?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #50
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats! BTW, no matter how many books you read you'll never be ready for babies.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #51
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
ghost chilis at the reception?
God no! I have actually killed my tolerance for hot food with ghost chilis and habs! I did the eating competition no problem and I was 1 of the two in the nation to finish the challenge but I paid a horrible price lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Well its official, I'm a married man! Day went off without a hitch minus the fist fight with the neighbor and mother in law and someone swiping all of my Percocet. I love my extended family already lol. In the end I still ended up with my best friend and the most amazing woman in the world.