Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
GrouchoM
The secret word is cigar!

First Name: GrouchoM
Trading: (0)
Punch
GrouchoM is on a distinguished road
Default Butane, oh lovely butane!

I don't have one of those fancy torches so many of you have. Just a Ronson Jetlite, but scored this in my local grocer today. A small can of Zippo Premium Butane fuel, but for a nube...scratching the itch.

I normally have the guys at my former B&M give me courtesy refills on butane, but will checking out of line in my local grocer and I noticed this little gem and priced just right ($2.25 tax included) . Only bottle left (1.48 oz), but a good simple addition to my growing stockpile of cigar accessories. Will hold in reserve on those time I don't want to make the 17 minute drive.

Hey, I'm a newb. Small steps, small victories...also I'm cheap.
GrouchoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Butane, oh lovely butane!

G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

It's a gas!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

No fancy lighters here. I think my most expensive one was less than $10. It's all about the fuel you put into it. I used to fill with Lava fuel, but can't find it locally anymore. Forget what brand I"m using now.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #5
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

A lot of people grab the Jetlites at Walmart I believe they have them at the checkout stands for impulse buying, a few bucks each and a great lighter, nothing wrong with those. I think most of my lighters are $2 chinese knockoffs
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:17 AM   #6
GrouchoM
The secret word is cigar!

First Name: GrouchoM
Trading: (0)
Punch
GrouchoM is on a distinguished road

While out trolling for cuvry redheads, but what did I spy with my little eye, but a cache of Zippo premium butane refill canisters selling for $1.39. Hotcha Mamma, it's true what that say "that you create your own luck!" These canisters were prices .80 less than the single can I bought a few days back ($2.19). I purchased one can and will be taking my previous purchase back. What can I say, I'm a value shopper. Hell, I remember returning a blonde for a brunette when she order a more expensive appetizer once, best decision I ever made.

P.S. The wording on the can read "Really? Your cheap SOB!" I paused and looked around for Alan Funt or Ashton Kutcher. Nothing. So, I threw it in the basket.

Last edited by GrouchoM; 03-22-2016 at 02:21 AM.
GrouchoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
Brlesq
Carpe cigar!

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (17)
Montecristo
Brlesq will become famous soon enough

Deja vu again!
Old 03-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #8
05venturer