Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #281
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #282
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Looking good man! You've got to start somewhere
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #283
lukem
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Luke
Trading: (0)
Army (Retired)
lukem is on a distinguished road

I posted them in my welcome thread but figured I'd drop them here as well. Purchased the NewAir CC-280 that came with Forrest's shelves and drawers ready to go.

lukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #284
lukem
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Luke
Army (Retired)
lukem is on a distinguished road

Last two pics.

lukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 AM   #285
CdnStogie
Fooore!

First Name: Jeff
RyJ
CdnStogie is on a distinguished road

After a bunch of research and reviewing of the wineadors - this is on my list of to create

They look sharp and dollar/space ratio is a much better option than the build I was contemplating for a large enough humidor.

Some great looking pics here!
CdnStogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #286
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnStogie View Post
After a bunch of research and reviewing of the wineadors - this is on my list of to create

They look sharp and dollar/space ratio is a much better option than the build I was contemplating for a large enough humidor.

Some great looking pics here!
Hey Jeff, new air has them pre-built on their site, they come with a couple of Forrest's shelves and drawers, only mentioning this because if you are looking to do this soon it's probably faster to order the pre made rather than buy a winador then order shelves from Forrest.

There are also some really nice cooler builds people have built here that are a lot cheaper than the winador route and nice as well.

Either way good luck and look forward to your pics
Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #287
CdnStogie
Fooore!

RyJ

Thanks Adam

This will be a future endeavour. Just bought a house and saving my pennies until I move in and get my feet on the ground there.

Will be on the hunt on Kijiji or the like to find one of the wine coolers that have the pre-made design by forrest on his website. For the mean time I have a few tupperdors that are prepared and waiting for an overflow.

Coolerdors do not really interest me all too much just yet - I want something I can put on/behind my soon to be bar in the basement (another project) :-)

Thanks for this though!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #288
AdamJoshua

If it's for behind the bar a coolidor would be great, you can just stash it and hold your boxes in it, then get a small nice looking desktop for your bar and reload it from the cooler. It's a great way to save money and you can spend a little extra on a nice desktop that would match your bar area, not only that but you can spend more of the money on cigars. (A desktop is also easy to move, around until the bar is done).

Either way, congrats on buying a house, let's face it that's the headline here!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #289
falconman515
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Chris
Trading: (35)
JL
falconman515 is on a distinguished road

Wow ... Newair / Air-N-Water contacted me a long time back about selling these ans setting them up premade and I sent them a couple huge emails with full details and Forrests info but never heard back from them

Wow ... so much for a thanks from those guys I guess.
falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #290
Oshay
Still Watching My Back

Army (Served With Honor)
Oshay is on a distinguished road

Hello brothers, have anyone ordered shelves and drawers from Chasidor? If so is it a long wait like Forrest once they take your payment! Also is the quality of the product good? I have ordrred from Forrest, but its been almost two months and I haven't heard from him. So I was just wondering if Chasidor is the same way with their orders.
Oshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #291
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshay View Post
Hello brothers, have anyone ordered shelves and drawers from Chasidor? If so is it a long wait like Forrest once they take your payment! Also is the quality of the product good? I have ordrred from Forrest, but its been almost two months and I haven't heard from him. So I was just wondering if Chasidor is the same way with their orders.
I think I see this same post from different users every six months.

You may consider doing a search to see the experiences from other users.
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #292
Oshay
Still Watching My Back

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMPS View Post
I think I see this same post from different users every six months.

You may consider doing a search to see the experiences from other users.
I thought this is what I was doing?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #293
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I thought this is what I was doing?
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/search...archid=7490811
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #294
CdnStogie
Fooore!

RyJ

Has anyone here made their own wineador from scratch, including the build for their drawers and or shelves? This is the route I feel I am going to take and was trying to search to see how people put it together? I am looking for my fall/winter project and am going to need some tools anyway :-)
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #295
DanD2124
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Dan
Montecristo
DanD2124 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My experience with Chasidor was I waited 2 months contacted the owner he said it would be out by weekend. Waited another 3 weeks emailed him about the status then next day was refunded $.

My experience with Forrest so far has been. I ordered about 2 months ago and don't have my drawer yet. I emailed him about 2 weeks ago and he said it would be shipped the next day. I have not received my drawer yet. It could have been an over site as I realize he is very busy. I think he has picked up all the work Chasidor does not want to do. Plus he is making drawers and shelves for newair. Forrest has always been very quick to respond to my emails.

Hope that helps
DanD2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #296
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough

Gathering up some inspiration here. I just noticed that the Costco near by sells the Vino 34 Bottle (VT-34 TS) for $250. That plus some shelves/drawers would be a great setup.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #297
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

While it may not be the best decision for all, I had my drawers custom made by a local woodworker a few years back. I just emptied out my vino and gave him the whole thing so the sizing would be right. Also worked with him to get some good features that I don't normally see on standard drawers. Didn't hurt that he took cigars as payment

Unfortunately, his shop closed down a couple years ago, but it's an option if anybody is tired of waiting months and knows somebody handy
Old 05-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #298
Oshay
Still Watching My Back

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
While it may not be the best decision for all, I had my drawers custom made by a local woodworker a few years back. I just emptied out my vino and gave him the whole thing so the sizing would be right. Also worked with him to get some good features that I don't normally see on standard drawers. Didn't hurt that he took cigars as payment

Unfortunately, his shop closed down a couple years ago, but it's an option if anybody is tired of waiting months and knows somebody handy

That sounds like a good idea, I have to look into that route.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #299
Oshay
Still Watching My Back

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD2124 View Post
My experience with Chasidor was I waited 2 months contacted the owner he said it would be out by weekend. Waited another 3 weeks emailed him about the status then next day was refunded $.

My experience with Forrest so far has been. I ordered about 2 months ago and don't have my drawer yet. I emailed him about 2 weeks ago and he said it would be shipped the next day. I have not received my drawer yet. It could have been an over site as I realize he is very busy. I think he has picked up all the work Chasidor does not want to do. Plus he is making drawers and shelves for newair. Forrest has always been very quick to respond to my emails.

Hope that helps
Same thing, same experience with Forrest. Like you said maybe he's very busy so I guess I'll wait a few more weeks.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #300
Oshay
Still Watching My Back

Army (Served With Honor)

I got my drawers and shelves from Forrest he did a very nice job on them. The only problem I had is with the false bottom piece. No, it wasn't Forrest fault it was my mistake with the measuring. I did rectified the situation, by cutting off some of the top of the drawer. Here's what it look like.