Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #81
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Star Trek: TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePict View Post
Absolutely agree with you on Inner Light. Truly an amazing episode and a terrific example of what Star Trek can be about. One of my personal all time favorites from all the series, and I've been there for them all since I first discovered the origional show in the late sixties.
Inner Light is absolutely one of the best episodes. I was actually a bit sad when watching a show about the giant auction done a few years back and Patrick Stewart commented that the flute didn't actually play.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #82
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Inner Light is absolutely one of the best episodes. I was actually a bit sad when watching a show about the giant auction done a few years back and Patrick Stewart commented that the flute didn't actually play.
That sucks. I think I'm a little sad now too. Do you remember how much it sold for?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #83
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Another Trek fan. Love the original (caught the first Harry Mudd episode just a couple of days ago) and TNG. I liked the beginning of Voyager, but got bored quickly. Also liked Enterprise. Never really got hooked on DS9, though I did like some of the characters and watched it occasionally.

I think one of my favorites from the Original (can't remember the name) was the one with Joan Collins and the time portal. When they get back through the portal after Kirk has to stop Bones from saving Collins' character, and Kirk tells Scotty "Get us the hell out of here!". Trouble with Tribbles also a fav.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #84
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
That sucks. I think I'm a little sad now too. Do you remember how much it sold for?

http://www.christies.com/special_sit...k/overview.asp

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/p...4-253c2505d24d
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #85
Lonely Raven

It's been forever since I watched any of the series. I'll have to go over TNG again. This, and Highlander helped me through some tough times in my 20-somethings. The basic premise of morality in TNG, and Good over Evil in Highlander I truly believe helped tune my moral compass.

Yes, I just said two Fantasy/Sci-Fi shows helped teach me right from wrong.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #86
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Me, I couldn't take Trek "morality" too seriously. I mean, look at the big picture. Everyone works, no money, no poor, no unemployed, no wars (on Earth at least), Earth has a global government, and the most despised characters, though not the toughest, they run into are the "greedy" (capitalist) Ferengi.

It's basically a communist utopia. Funniest part is communism never actually results in a utopia, but that's the pipe-dream. In the series you can't help but overlook this political stuff and just enjoy the heck out of it.

I know the Ferengi changed roles a bit in DS9, but I'm mostly speaking of them in TNG.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #87
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post

Wow... F**king epic!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #88
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
They got 4x the amount expected!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Wow... F**king epic!
QFT! Epic! I actually have that quote as my sigline on a different forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Me, I couldn't take Trek "morality" too seriously. I mean, look at the big picture. Everyone works, no money, no poor, no unemployed, no wars (on Earth at least), Earth has a global government, and the most despised characters, though not the toughest, they run into are the "greedy" (capitalist) Ferengi.

It's basically a communist utopia. Funniest part is communism never actually results in a utopia, but that's the pipe-dream. In the series you can't help but overlook this political stuff and just enjoy the heck out of it.

I know the Ferengi changed roles a bit in DS9, but I'm mostly speaking of them in TNG.
Interesting observation. Although it is still making a comment, my comment IS no comment.