Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: JACK
Trading: (7)
FriendlyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tablet Information help please

I'm sure it will be fun while smoke a cigar and posting on this site.????

[/quote]
FriendlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Not for me bro, for the wife.......see will let her "test drive" it for me and if I like hers then I will get one later down the line, especially for the price.

Now the hard part, can I wait to give it to her bday or not? (9/24)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

If you can't wait. My birthday is on the 8th lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

LOL
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Your android will play it with the proper browser (I think, anyway). "Maxthon Browser" has embedded flash capabilities.

I know you said that your android is too small of a screen - but download the Maxthon Browser and see if it can play the video. If it plays - then ANY android tablet you pick (galaxy 7, kindle fire, etc.) will be able to play the video with that software. I do not know if this software is available on the iPad or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #26
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

I'm not sure who you refering to?

If its to me? My phone is the HTC thundorbolt and for some reason dose not support google crome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Your android will play it with the proper browser (I think, anyway). "Maxthon Browser" has embedded flash capabilities.

I know you said that your android is too small of a screen - but download the Maxthon Browser and see if it can play the video. If it plays - then ANY android tablet you pick (galaxy 7, kindle fire, etc.) will be able to play the video with that software. I do not know if this software is available on the iPad or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Not for me bro, for the wife.......see will let her "test drive" it for me and if I like hers then I will get one later down the line, especially for the price.

Now the hard part, can I wait to give it to her bday or not? (9/24)
It will be outdated and dropped by then
Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
Steelerfanatic
Still Watching My Back

RA Navy (Served With Honor)
Steelerfanatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan View Post

If its to me? My phone is the HTC thundorbolt and for some reason dose not support google crome.
Google Chrome is only supported on ICS or Jelly Bean phones/tablets
Steelerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #29
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMPS View Post
It will be outdated and dropped by then
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #30
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Yes - that was for you. Maxthon is different from Chrome. Maxthon is a free download through Google Play (formerly Android Market).
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

Hey brothers' here I am smoken a my father Le bijou 1992 petit robusto and guess what' lol''''
I'm writing to you from my new 16gb nexus 7 ' connected to you through my Thunderbolt lte 4g phone through blue tooth. Using the foxfi app. I drove down a few blocks pulled over found an open WiFi connection. Downloaded the apps and the browsers you mentioned' the connection is OK' the site I'm trying to use not so. Even with maxthon' is there any settings I could change?
I got an email back from the site saying they are working on making the video work from a bunch of different tablets I hope mine is one of them.

Thanks'
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Yes - that was for you. Maxthon is different from Chrome. Maxthon is a free download through Google Play (formerly Android Market).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #32
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

Wo ho, I just tried it and it worked with the video. Thanks so much man. I guess it also has to do with speed.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Congrats Jack!!! So how is the tablet? I can't use the one I got because it makes me set it up with emails and things and I want the wifey to do it.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

Im just gettng the hang of it. It's pretty small, also you need to remember that its wifi only which could be a disappointment if you expect to be conected the whole time unless you can do what I did with my phone. But the speed aint great for me. Unless I figure out where and how I plan to use it.
It has everything a droid phone would have but its not so nerve racking because its not that small. I think its a nice toy for grown ups.

I got mine from a guy off craigslist, it looks brand new. He said two weeks after he got it his job gave him an ipad. What ever, paid $230 looks brand new.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #35
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Im just gettng the hang of it. It's pretty small, also you need to remember that its wifi only which could be a disappointment if you expect to be conected the whole time unless you can do what I did with my phone. But the speed aint great for me. Unless I figure out where and how I plan to use it.
It has everything a droid phone would have but its not so nerve racking because its not that small. I think its a nice toy for grown ups.

I got mine from a guy off craigslist, it looks brand new. He said two weeks after he got it his job gave him an ipad. What ever, paid $230 looks brand new.
Nice price, congrats again.....wifi is not an issue for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #36
mhailey
Splitter of Hairs

First Name: Matt
Trading: (21)
mhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura about

SWEET!!! I hope you enjoy it. The Wifi only issue is not that big of a deal to me, because you can connect it through the phone's internet connection, if needed. However most places will have wifi. I have been chomping at the bit to go buy one, but have refrained so far, because I just don't need it right now. It would be a fun toy, but no a necessary expense for me just yet. Maybe soon, with some good poker winnings.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Posting on my new Google Nexus 16G right now. Definitely an adjustment period after using a1
17" screen for so long, but I'm getting used to it. I've been wanting to try an e-reader for a while, and something to browse with that I can take anywhere. Plus, I can watch a movie if I'm on the road and have downtime. I wanted something a little smaller than the iPad, and also did not want to go over $250 on my 1st tablet. Researched several, and almost went with the Kindle. Also liked the Nook, because of the ability to use an extra memory card. I also like Android. So far so good.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #38
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Posting on my new Google Nexus 16G right now. Definitely an adjustment period after using a1
17" screen for so long, but I'm getting used to it. I've been wanting to try an e-reader for a while, and something to browse with that I can take anywhere. Plus, I can watch a movie if I'm on the road and have downtime. I wanted something a little smaller than the iPad, and also did not want to go over $250 on my 1st tablet. Researched several, and almost went with the Kindle. Also liked the Nook, because of the ability to use an extra memory card. I also like Android. So far so good.
Sweet! I am dying to give it to her, almost did 2x's last night heh.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #39
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

I am really interested in the Nexus also. Mainly because I refuse to spend that kind of money on an IPad when Apple could easily turn on a bit and have it connect seamlessly through an iPhone

You will have to keep us posted on how you like it.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #40
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

We stopped in a comfort inn over night on our way back from a day up for n the mountains. I have to say since they have free WiFi in the hotel and the connection is very Strong the speed on the nexus is great. What I realized is when you connect through your phone, the connection on the phone goes in and out or isn't the greatest and that slows it down.