Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #41
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fridge died / rant

My compressor fan on my fridge went out some time ago, but since my landlady only hires scumbag lowlifes
to do her maintenance, I have had a box fan blowing at the back of the fridge for two years. Keeps the com-
pressor cool and my food likewise. When I move out, she can deal with it. I am sick of people coming into my
place and two weeks later someone tries to break in. When you live where I live, it is not uncommon for anyone
to be eyes for other criminals. I used to keep a lawn mower on the side of the house that was so inconvenient
to reach, that only the meter reader went back there. I see him reading my meter while I am on a lunch break at
my house, and that night, the lawn mower disappears. My mother had her roof replaced which is the only
time anyone could get a look at her backyard. (big dog) After the roofers left, that weekend her riding mower
disappears. So as I have 6 ice chests full of cigars and am gone all day long, I use a box fan to cool my comressor, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #42
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

I had to start laughing at this thread after i posted... But one thing, you said we are allways wanting to try new sticks, like what did were you wanting to try??? Just curious....been looking for new stuff my self...

nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #43
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

First the fridge goes, looks like the mailbox is next
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #44
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Will the landlord at least accept your word on having had a bottle of water and a gallon of milk?
That would buy at least one good cigar.
I know a wise man who would say something like "Take a picture of the trash bags in the dumpster. Maybe use a broom handle to rip them open before taking the pictures."
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #45
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
It might last the weekend, but then here comes Monday.......
Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #46
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

The land lord was trying to be helpful but Its not in their policy to cover any loss when it comes to this. O well new fridge came in today.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #47
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofeardiver View Post
I had to start laughing at this thread after i posted... But one thing, you said we are allways wanting to try new sticks, like what did were you wanting to try??? Just curious....been looking for new stuff my self...

I pled the 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
My compressor fan on my fridge went out some time ago, but since my landlady only hires scumbag lowlifes
to do her maintenance, I have had a box fan blowing at the back of the fridge for two years. Keeps the com-
pressor cool and my food likewise. When I move out, she can deal with it. I am sick of people coming into my
place and two weeks later someone tries to break in. When you live where I live, it is not uncommon for anyone
to be eyes for other criminals. I used to keep a lawn mower on the side of the house that was so inconvenient
to reach, that only the meter reader went back there. I see him reading my meter while I am on a lunch break at
my house, and that night, the lawn mower disappears. My mother had her roof replaced which is the only
time anyone could get a look at her backyard. (big dog) After the roofers left, that weekend her riding mower
disappears. So as I have 6 ice chests full of cigars and am gone all day long, I use a box fan to cool my comressor, lol.
That's Freaking awesome. I wanna see a pic of that.

And yea I live in a pretty good area and everyone knows Im a cop so you can tell they get scared when them come to do things in my apt lol. It's like they think it's a sting to take them away lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post

I really hope not lol. Tired of replacing things!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #48
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

I had a Frigidaire Gallery that crapped out on Thanksgiving day, 2001. It was a 1 year old fridge. They refused to replace compressor insisting the factory required the install of a hard start kit first. I wasn't pleased with the solution but they fixed it. But, what are the chances of it happening twice? AND on the same holiday? But, it did. Thanksgiving day, 2002, it died again. This time, they put in a new compressor. In both instances, thankfully we had a Coca-Cola cooler that my wife stored flowers in for weddings.

Sorry about your troubles. What's a brother to do for a brother in so much do?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #49
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
I had a Frigidaire Gallery that crapped out on Thanksgiving day, 2001. It was a 1 year old fridge. They refused to replace compressor insisting the factory required the install of a hard start kit first. I wasn't pleased with the solution but they fixed it. But, what are the chances of it happening twice? AND on the same holiday? But, it did. Thanksgiving day, 2002, it died again. This time, they put in a new compressor. In both instances, thankfully we had a Coca-Cola cooler that my wife stored flowers in for weddings.

Sorry about your troubles. What's a brother to do for a brother in so much do?

Wow I can't imagine having this happen 2 times.

The part that really sucks is that my girlfriends sister came over Monday and spent most of the day at the house to feed our pets and when she left she said she had grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and it was all working fine.

O well new one came in today and me and the lady went to Costco and Winn Dixie and watched my small cigar fund and my bank account practically disappear in front of my eyes. Lol

Old 05-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #50
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post

O well new one came in today and me and the lady went to Costco and Winn Dixie and watched my small cigar fund and my bank account practically disappear in front of my eyes. Lol
I would have thought Disney World would have done a much better job of that than food for a fridge.

My cigar budget for the last month has gone to helping my daughter and two granchildren. Things happen and cigars just don't rank up there compared to many more important things.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #51
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I would have thought Disney World would have done a much better job of that than food for a fridge.

My cigar budget for the last month has gone to helping my daughter and two granchildren. Things happen and cigars just don't rank up there compared to many more important things.
Yea we were surprised we didn't run up that high of a tab at Disney.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #52
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the fridge.I woke this morning to find that the water line to my fridge had broken and my kitchen and formal dining room were flooded. I have been tearing out the wood floors in the dinning room all day. What a mess.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #53
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruce View Post
Sorry to hear about the fridge.I woke this morning to find that the water line to my fridge had broken and my kitchen and formal dining room were flooded. I have been tearing out the wood floors in the dinning room all day. What a mess.

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. That's def worst than me. My hat is off to you brother.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #54
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. That's def worst than me. My hat is off to you brother.
Thanks......