oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2013

Heck of a game from GA today!

Bama's defense is really showing up too! That makes me happier than anything else that happened today.

Arkansas did far better vs TAM than I would have guessed. I look forward to seeing Ole Miss play TAM next week, they have a defense that might slow Manziel at least a little bit, and an offense that might be able to keep up with him against TAM's lousy defense. Should be a good game.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Can anyone tell that LSU and GA beat up on each other last week? GA was within 5 seconds of losing to TN. Then had to get incredibly insanely lucky, when Howard dropped the ball in the endzone, to pull it out in OT with a field goal. Now LSU is trailing to Miss St.

Man I love the SEC.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #23
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

ot
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #24
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

It is very hard to be a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

I feel for you, not many remember the 10 years before Nick Saban when Alabama was getting run over by everyone, USC at least usually wins games that they are supposed to win.

It isn't like you lost to the worst team in the SEC, just almost did.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

No kidding. I still love my boys and will be rocking my Gamecocks golf shirt flying into ATL today. I've been a fan for 35 years. It is just frustrating right now.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Upset week! GA vs Mizz was a fun game! I feel bad for Aaron Murray, being down 5 starters and having to carry the team can't be fun, especially when you lose. Stanford fell, Michigan fell, Ole Miss is giving TAM a run for their money so far.

BCS rankings are going to interesting when they come out.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
It is very hard to be a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks.
Lolol....I am glad I popped in today.

What is funny to me is, it looks like the traditional people who post here must have thought
it was not worth trying, what with ME around all the time. So I give them a year off, and
they don't even post in here? Didn't they even CHECK and see I had abandoned it?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Lolol....I am glad I popped in today.

What is funny to me is, it looks like the traditional people who post here must have thought
it was not worth trying, what with ME around all the time. So I give them a year off, and
they don't even post in here? Didn't they even CHECK and see I had abandoned it?
Checking In, Brad! Roll, Tide!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Checking in... M-I-Z! Lots of big upsets today. If Mizzou can beat SC next week, there's a better than decent chance we'll get the honor of being Bama's whipping boy in Atlanta in December. (of course there are several weeks left to screw that up).
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #31
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Checking in... M-I-Z! Lots of big upsets today. If Mizzou can beat SC next week, there's a better than decent chance we'll get the honor of being Bama's whipping boy in Atlanta in December. (of course there are several weeks left to screw that up).
#5 in the BCS seems optimistic with a freshman at QB. Nevertheless, at least, we haven't totally embarrassed ourselves like last year ... yet.
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Crickets in this place.... Last year at this time(10/20/12), 10 pages 187 posts. So here is something to talk about....

http://saturdays-in-the-fall.com/ind...narrative-sec/
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #33
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
#5 in the BCS seems optimistic with a freshman at QB. Nevertheless, at least, we haven't totally embarrassed ourselves like last year ... yet.
I think we are beyond the point where we can embarrass ourselves this season. Expectations were so low after last season, we are playing with house money at this point.

That being said, I like this team. There is something different about them than previous Mizzou teams that have broken our hearts. Do we deserve #5? I think we will find out the next few weeks.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #34
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am not avoiding it over past blowups with people that support that team over by Mississippi, just mostly
done widely participating after a few issues with management. Certainly not dodging barbs over LSU's embarrassing
loss to a motivated and disciplined Ole Miss squad. I tuned out after the third interception thrown by Mettenberger.
You can put up a valiant effort, but decades of football watching has taught me never to expect a win when you turn the ball
over 3 or more times. I needed the sleep to go out and shoot at 4am. Congratulations to the no Ole Miss fans we have here.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #35
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Well the Bulldogs have certainly stunk it up this year, but held on for the win against the gators.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #36
OLS
Suck It

congrats to the Alabama faithful here, I didn't see a LOT of the game, first quarter and a lot of the 4th,
but LSU was just not very good. I was encouraged to see Macarron was just as inaccurate on touch
passes and long balls, I thought that was going to be the key from there on out, but once I left the
house to go shoot at a gig downtown, Bama just rolled over the Tigers. They sure LOOKED like the
number one team in the country. Don't get me wrong about AJ, his misses downfield LOOK great,
but they can't be CAUGHT most of the time.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

McCarron overthrows the long ball to a wide open receiver after a play action several times a game it seems like. Perfect play setup, and he overthrows the ball, I think he's just worried about throwing an INT. I wish he was more accurate way down field, but other than that he picks apart defenses rather well. We are going to miss him next year.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
OLS
Suck It

yeah on balance he is a good QB. I understand fully why he is not a Heisman candidate, though, although the
majority of UA fans do not. It is important to note, as you have, that you can still WIN after missing 3-4 easy
throws a game, at least when you QB the Crimson Tide. Sorry this thread is so dead, I hope it wasn't me that
killed it slowly over 5 years.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Florida just lost to an FCS team... I don't think Muschamp's seat can get much hotter.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Awesome!!!!

Maybe the best ending to a college football game I have ever seen.... Auburn vs Alabama... WOW!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote