Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CI Slacking?

Been dealing with CI since 2004, never had a problem. Maybe you could call their CS and if your order hasn't shipped, get them to pay the difference to upgrade to 2 day shipping.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

I've never had a problem with them.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #23
Hot Stuff x
FNG

First Name: Les
Trading: (4)
Cohiba Army (Retired)
Hot Stuff x is on a distinguished road

I've had nothing but great service from CI, CIgar.com, and Cigarbid in the 3 years I've been dealing with them.
Hot Stuff x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #24
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #25
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough

I've been ordering from CI for about a year now. Never had any issues with any order, big or small. Show up in 4 days like clock work
INT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #26
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.
Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #27
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.
Your priorities are crossed. You should be more upset over your check than an order of cigars. In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse. And call CI, they have crossed orders on my before and i've always got them to correct it or refund me lighting fast.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #28
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

First Name: Jason
Trading: (24)
Partagas
deadrise has a spectacular aura aboutdeadrise has a spectacular aura about

I use cbid the most and i got spoiled for some time i do weekly shipping and the order is normally shipped Thursday and i get them on Friday. now lately especially holidays my cigars do not ship till Friday and with Monday a holiday i get them Tuesday I make it a point not to order on holiday weeks anymore
deadrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
dwoodward

HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse.
How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #30
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

This thread just boggles the mind.

Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
schollianmj

newbie here on the forum, but Im just gonna chime in here on my experiances with CI...

I have made many orders from them over about a two year time. A couple times there was a small issue, but they have always made it right for me. Once I got a number of small Tins of baby cigars for a road trip and one of the tins was crushed in the center of the edge. I took a pic of it and called Customer service. they sent me a replacement tin and sent it out with two day shipping for free. and I was told to keep the crushed tin of which I found 3 sticks damaged.

Another time I had ordered a number of singles and they forgot to put in a couple of the sticks I had paid for. I again called customer service and they shipped out the missing sticks and a couple freebie sticks as well to make it right.

Basically i have found that even though they are a big online retailer, they are still human. they will and do make mistakes. i dont get upset about the mistakes, as long as they make it right with me, the customer. as long as you call them and explain what happened and BE CIVIL to them, they have always made it right for me and kept me happy.

just my .02 here....
Old 09-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #32
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
This thread just boggles the mind.

Posted via Mobile Device
It boggles something allright.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #33
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.
I'm not sure I follow everything here. You ran out of money and couldn't buy cigars. You missed bills/payed bills late because you ran out of money and your new employer doesn't know how to cut a check. Your taking a trip after a whole year off from working after one month back in the working world. And then you spend money on cigars when you couldn't pay bills not too long ago. I'm missing the logic here, if I were you I would have called them and cancelled the order altogether and thanked lady luck for helping me resolve a bad lapse in judgement. Especially if others have said they have had the same issue before, that is bad warning sign. You should have taken that money and spent it on getting your resume professionally redone or something, so you can keep looking and find work that can consistently cut a check bi weekly. Or figure out what direct deposit is.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #34
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

In Soviet Russia, Cigars buy you.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
It boggles something allright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68GeL8PafE
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #36
dwoodward

HUpmann

Never mind. It seems everyone on this board just wants to flame me for actually finding work while this state is at a 15%+ unemployment rate.

Whatever, I wont be posting for awhile.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Methinks you just may be a bit sensitive. Everyone was posting their experiences with CI and then VS offers some sound advice and now everyone is flaming you?

Take a deep breath, step back and re-read the thread.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #38
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

I ordered my humi from them, they sent me the wrong one and were pretty quick to get the right one sent out. That was my first experience with them, the second one went much smoother
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #39
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Been buying from them and cbid for at least a decade. Only ever had one problem and they fixed it right away. Sorry you had troubles, but I find them to be really rare. And I buy A LOT.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #40
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have had nothing but positive experiences with CI. I hope that isn't considered flaming you.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote