Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Indian Tabac Split Decision- Triple

Indian Tabac (ITC) Split Decision - The Triple

Yea, OK. I bought into the marketing here. This is a freaking cool looking cigar. But the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Overall impressions - Like I said, this is a really nice looking cigar. It has three wrappers - Habano, Connecticut and Maduro. There is also a double maduro (minus the maduro) and a quad maduro (adds a candela) available. I know that this is fuel for the fire for the Rocky haters, but here we go...

The construction is pretty good, I feel like IT's are usually a bit rough. This one is nicely done, the cap is entirely maduro. The wrapper(s) are veiny and I can see where we might run into a little problem later.

1st Third- Clipped it, lit it and right of the bat it started pumping out some nice thick smoke, with a hit of sweet spice with a little bit of nuttiness on the finish. The burn is not razor sharp, but not bad. As a move into the meat of the first third I am sure I am tasting honey. Honey, white pepper and some nuts I can't identify (har-har).Not peanuty. Like another one from the mixed nut bowl.

2nd Third - Continuing to be pretty interesting. While the burn is continuing to be a little weird, the ash is holding. While I was expecting some interesting striations it is uniformly salt and pepper. Still pumping out quite a bit of smoke, which I like. The draw is on the looser side but I would gladly take that over the milkshake through a straw draw. The sweetness is starting to fade a bit, as well as the nuttiness and a spice is starting to kick in. I am guessing that is do to getting out of the Maduro and into the Habano wrapper. The spice is nice, not a black pepper spice.

Last Third - The burn has pretty much evened out at this point. I feel like this cigar sort of fell flat during the conny stage. Not bad, not sour, just not as interesting as the first third. The nose is really great on this cigar, especially during the habano. Moving toward the end the wrappers all get closer and the mix of the different flavors is really interesting.

Overall Impressions - I really enjoyed this cigar quite a bit. I would say that it is certainly gimmicky but I did enjoy it, especially at $12 for a fiver on c-bid.

AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Indian Tabac Split Decision- Triple

I thought these were an ok, cigar, however they don't hold a candle to Taboo Twists. The Twist wins flat-out in flavor and in price.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

They look cool!

Thanks for doing a review! My curiosity has been answered!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
They look cool!

Thanks for doing a review! My curiosity has been answered!
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Starchild
SERENITY NOW!

First Name: Andre
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
Starchild will become famous soon enough

Nice review! I've always wondered about these as well.
Starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
Agent11br
Smokin @ Got Rocks

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (2)
HdM
Agent11br is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
Nice review! I've always wondered about these as well.
Ditto