Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #321
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game of Thrones

I haven't read the books and am thoroughly enjoying the show. I can't believe that it's almost the end of season 2. My wife wants to re-watch season 1 and 2 again to make sure we are filled in on characters and story lines.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #322
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am personally of the opinion that Danerys should just bring her pale a55 over to my house and make me a sammich.
I'd be all like "Hey....Danerys....why don't you....get in the kitchen and make me a sammich, got dammit!"
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #323
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Strange I guess I am somewhat alone then or maybe just overly critical. I can't understand why Daenerys Targaryen had zero screen time again. The dragons and whatnot have interested me as to where they will go with it and IIRC with the last 2 episodes she has 1 minute of screen time. The dragons haven't had much screen time either and they were the BIG introduction at the season 1 ending...how deceiving.

Also Jon and the wildlings do not show up in this episode. No one in karth or whatever is in the episode. Also IIRC Rob Stark wasn't in the episode or Lady Stark. Arya Stark wasn't in the episode.....I could continue on but really the only key people in the episode were the Lannisters and Stannis's army. So I have to say....filler episode for the second week in a row.

This show REALLY needs more then 10 episodes per season, they are leaving out people all the time. I can't understand how with SO many key characters you have so few episodes. They are trying to tell an epic story with many people and trying do to it in 10 episodes with a few filler episodes here and there.

I also didn't find the battle to really be on an epic level. The ships getting taken out was really cool but after that it really felt small scale. Definitely not the massive army I was hoping for.

I had also assumed there would be more wellfire or whatnot. The ship was loaded but I figured they would be throwing it down on Stannis's army as well.

Seems like the Lannisters had half a plan and Tyrion had to improvise.

Not really a rant but I'm done.

I'm reading the books right now and a friend and I were talking about one of the nice things martin does is to back up two pov from the same place (Tyrion followed by Sansa for example). It's nice because if you get really into one storyline you just keep wanting more. That being said my friend and I also agreed sometimes characters get lost for too long and you find yourself checking a few chapters ahead just to make sure you'll get to hear more about the characters that tend to get left out for a while. So i guess it's a love hate thing for me but i definitely understand why they decided to do the entire episode at kings landing. The season finale should be pretty great also. Theres a lot going on that was not mentioned in Sundays episode.

As a side note the 5th book is called a dance with dragons so be patient and im sure more dragon fun will come.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #324
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
I'm reading the books right now and a friend and I were talking about one of the nice things martin does is to back up two pov from the same place (Tyrion followed by Sansa for example). It's nice because if you get really into one storyline you just keep wanting more. That being said my friend and I also agreed sometimes characters get lost for too long and you find yourself checking a few chapters ahead just to make sure you'll get to hear more about the characters that tend to get left out for a while. So i guess it's a love hate thing for me but i definitely understand why they decided to do the entire episode at kings landing. The season finale should be pretty great also. Theres a lot going on that was not mentioned in Sundays episode.

As a side note the 5th book is called a dance with dragons so be patient and im sure more dragon fun will come.
ADWD is a great book so far. In other news, are you coming to the upstate NY herf Saturday?!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #325
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
ADWD is a great book so far. In other news, are you coming to the upstate NY herf Saturday?!
I wish. I had a great time last year. I have finals coming up though and then graduation. Have a great time at the herf and hopefully i'll be able to makr it next year
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #326
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft72 View Post
I haven't read the books and am thoroughly enjoying the show. I can't believe that it's almost the end of season 2. My wife wants to re-watch season 1 and 2 again to make sure we are filled in on characters and story lines.
So it isn't just me? Good, I didn't think I was going crazy yet.

It seems the general consensus is WE WANT MORE GAME OF THRONES!

Now how do we make this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am personally of the opinion that Danerys should just bring her pale a55 over to my house and make me a sammich.
I'd be all like "Hey....Danerys....why don't you....get in the kitchen and make me a sammich, got dammit!"

Maybe the dragons could toast the bread and she could just make sandwiches
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #327
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
If I'm bringing her over to my house, it wouldn't be for her to make me some sammiches. LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #328
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanger View Post
if i'm bringing her over to my house, it wouldn't be for her to make me some sammiches. Lol
bazinga!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #329
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
If I'm bringing her over to my house, it wouldn't be for her to make me some sammiches. LOL
Word.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #330
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Did NO ONE get the Cartman reference?? My god you people with your Ephones and you Emo-pods and cargo shorts.
Get with the 90s, man.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #331
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Old 06-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #332
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough

Seriously?! @ season ending. Yaaaaaawn...
fencefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #333
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

For various reasons, I missed the last half of Season 2. Thankfully, I was able to catch them all of the episodes yesterday on the marathon one of the HBO channels was having. I like most of it and there were clearly several story lines (and characters) that were cut from the book. I liked how Blackwater was done, but wish they would have done more. As for the season finale, I thought it was good, especially with Jon Snow, Tyrion and Danerys story lines. The producers could have done more with the other story lines, but the ending shot with Sam and the White Walkers was a good set up for next season.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #334
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

White Walkers are
Old 06-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #335
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencefixer View Post
Seriously?! @ season ending. Yaaaaaawn...
This I must agree. I was waiting for something epic to happen at the end and it just didn't deliver. In fact I waited 2 days to watch it just because I knew it wasn't going to deliver.

This show has many ups and downs. I'll always watch it but it definitely could be MUCH better.

Everything was quite predictable.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #336
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
This I must agree. I was waiting for something epic to happen at the end and it just didn't deliver. In fact I waited 2 days to watch it just because I knew it wasn't going to deliver.

This show has many ups and downs. I'll always watch it but it definitely could be MUCH better.

Everything was quite predictable.
It had every single character in it at least!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #337
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
This is true

Hopefully down the road they can budget for a few more episodes in future seasons. Or make it a 90 minute show
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #338
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Not true, the brother (who took over winterfell) his sister.....she wasn't in it or if she was I missed her.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #339
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

Ugh, this series is driving me crazy since it misses so much from the book. Heck, the entire ending with Danerys was wrong- I thought in the book that she sells one of her dragons for a army of unsoiled, and then she has the dragon burn all of those "leaders" of the city, and then sacks the city with her new army of unsoilled. Am I wrong with that? Seems to me that they need to have the unsoiled army somehow placed int he series since it was a decent part of the book.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #340
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Not true, the brother (who took over winterfell) his sister.....she wasn't in it or if she was I missed her.
The sister was in the book, but I do not believe she was the one that picked her up. It was the kids Theon's uncle (I think) that picked him up at the dock, mocked him, etc. Sister did not come up until they got closer to the castle I think.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote