Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 AM   #121
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Not in agreement at all. In fact, I would love to wager a nice 5er if you are so sure about your statement of a sweep.

Lebron might put up 50, but 50 won't win many games. I'm not too impressed with Cleveland's bench.

Perhaps we CAN be in agreement that payment should be in Cuban cigars????

Anxiously awaiting your response to see if you will back up that bold statement......
I'm not making that bet. It is not a smart bet to try and predict in how many games the Cavs will win. I'll bet on the series winner but not in how many games.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #122
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Crush the Magic in 4 you said?

You did get the Lebron being unstoppable part right.

I'd guess he'll have about 300 points in this series.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #123
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I'm very glad I didn't make that bet as I was going back and forth about it. Cavs will still take the series. Lebron was cramping up at the end of the game and that won't happen again.

I'm looking forward to tonights Lakers/Nuggets game. Kobe was simply fantastic in game 1. I really don't know how people say that Lebron is better. What it comes down to for me is with the game tied or down by 1 or 2 who would you rather have the ball? For me there is no one in the NBA better then Kobe in crunch time.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #124
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Cavs fell alseep at the wheel last night...
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #125
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

I wish you had made the bet as making a statement that Cleveland is gonna crush the Magic in 4 games either says you are a big Cavs fan or missed the Magic / Celtic series.

I could care less about the 5er, but would have enjoyed talking trash each time the magic beat the Cavs.

Someone besides Lebron and Mo Williams better start scoring or King James is gonna be cramping up every night running the court like that.

I like the Magic's chances considering the 3 point attack from the outside and Howard in the paint if he can stay out of foul trouble.

I wish they would play all the games in Cleveland as the Magic play best on the road and with their backs against the wall.

Then again, I have watched the Magic break our hearts year after year.

I really believe Orlando is one player away from a championship.

Last edited by floydpink; 05-21-2009 at 08:42 AM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #126
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

The only reason Lebron cramped up is because the week layoff. Magic live and die with the 3-ball. Meaning they will go on great runs (last night) or they will have droughts. What they need is a player that can consistently get to the basket and can finish, or another quality big man to help dwight. Until then I don't see the Magic getting to the finals. Had the Celtics had KG it would have been C's Cavs series.

BTW I hate Cleveland (Big Pistons fan) I just recognize Lebron's greatness.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #127
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
What it comes down to for me is with the game tied or down by 1 or 2 who would you rather have the ball? For me there is no one in the NBA better then Kobe in crunch time.
Actually I would say if there was time for one last shot to win the game I wouldn't pick Kobe or Lebron... I would pick Melo. He is the best last second shooter in the NBA and has hit more game winning buckets than either of the two previous MVPs. They were discussing that on ESPN a few weeks back.

I am looking forward to the game tonight as well. I just hope the Nuggets come out with a huge hunger to win and not with the "poor me" attitude...Cuz they beat themselves in game 1... there is no reason that game should have even been that close in the last 2 minutes...
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #128
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Actually I just looked up the stats for this season on www.82games.com and Lebron is actually the most clutch shooter (most game winning shots) in the regular season followed by Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Kobe. Carmelo lead the list in 2006. Kobe is tied with Lebron for most clutch in the playoffs. Another stat to look at is Kobe has the most missed game winning opportunities.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #129
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
Actually I just looked up the stats for this season on www.82games.com and Lebron is actually the most clutch shooter (most game winning shots) in the regular season followed by Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Kobe. Carmelo lead the list in 2006. Kobe is tied with Lebron for most clutch in the playoffs. Another stat to look at is Kobe has the most missed game winning opportunities.
Does it average them out for their career? One season isn't a good judge IMO. I believe Barkely was talking about the whole career on TNT when he talked about it... I can't remember who was saying it on ESPN...
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #130
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Quote:
The only reason Lebron cramped up is because the week layoff. Magic live and die with the 3-ball. Meaning they will go on great runs (last night) or they will have droughts. What they need is a player that can consistently get to the basket and can finish, or another quality big man to help dwight. Until then I don't see the Magic getting to the finals. Had the Celtics had KG it would have been C's Cavs series.

BTW I hate Cleveland (Big Pistons fan) I just recognize Lebron's greatness.
Actually, had the Magic had Jameer Nelson, the series wouldn't have gone 7.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #131
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Actually, had the Magic had Jameer Nelson, the series wouldn't have gone 7.
I agree that Jameer Nelson>>>>>Rafer Alston but just based on how well Rajon Rondo played, I really doubt they would have won in less then 7. Too bad we will never know.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #132
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

well, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride and if Oppenheimer didn't invent the atomic bomb, we'd all be talking German.

In the meantime, KG is out, so are the Celtics, Jameer Nelson is on the bench, Billy Donovan is wishing he was coaching the Magic instead of coaching the Gators, and 3 pointers will be raining down tomorrow night and Lebron James will score another 50 and the series, in my opinion, will be hard fought and probably go 6 or 7 games.

I would pick the Lakers to win it all if I was picking, but will support my hometown team in the meantime.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #133
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Billy Donovan definitely made a big mistake. And I think his credibility with recruiting took a hit because of all that.

Cavs won't lose game 2 not a chance on earth they will lose that game. Not after losing game 1.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #134
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

I'd pick Cleveland for sure in game 2.

Not a good situation to be 0-2 going on the road for 2 games.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #135
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

After last nights I wonder if Phil Jackson can be called an elite coach. I know he has the rings, but his better years are definitely behind him. Throughout the Lakers playoff run this year he has not made many good coaching moves. Letting Derek Fisher attempt the game winning shot and using Kobe as a decoy was not the right move. You have to give Kobe the ball in that situation. And we all know Kobe wants the ball in the crunch time.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #136
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Derek Fisher????????? What were they thinking?
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #137
zmancbr

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Derek Fisher????????? What were they thinking?
Quote:
After last nights I wonder if Phil Jackson can be called an elite coach. I know he has the rings, but his better years are definitely behind him. Throughout the Lakers playoff run this year he has not made many good coaching moves. Letting Derek Fisher attempt the game winning shot and using Kobe as a decoy was not the right move. You have to give Kobe the ball in that situation. And we all know Kobe wants the ball in the crunch time.
Don't care what he was thinking! Game 2 redemption is what I am thinking! Now if we can grab both games at home and put them with their backs against the wall. The good thing going for us is that we haven't lost at the Pepsi Center in the last 16 games... the bad news is that streaks are made to be broken... I just hope NOT YET!

Either way, this series is shaping up to be a good tight series and both East and West Finals... the average win margin for all 3 games so far is a whole 2 points! With the Nuggets game 2 victory by 3 points the largest margin of victory in the conf finals so far lol... this could be and interesting rest of the playoffs!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #138
cle_smoker
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Robert
Trading: (1)
RA
cle_smoker will become famous soon enough

Wow!! Un-freakin-believable!!!
cle_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #139
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

I cannot believe Lebron made that shot! I'm in shock, WOW!!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #140
ehdg
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (6)
ehdg is on a distinguished road

Lebron is freaking unbelievable!! That shot was unbelievable. Never mind that he hit it but to even get it off before the 1 second was up is just shocking to say the least. But that is was GREAT players are made of!! What a game!!
ehdg is offline   Reply With Quote