Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
ZenSilk
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (8)
ZenSilk is on a distinguished road
Default Tatuaje Petite Tatuaje (brown label)

This is my go to cigar. I bought a cab of 50, and then got my hands on another half-cab when my buddy was selling a bunch of his smokes. I really cannot get enough of these little guys, even though the price point tends to be a little on the shank-you-in-the-wallet side.

Every stick I have had to this day has been consistent in flavor, but not-so much in construction.

Beverage Pairing: Cup of coffee w/ cream and sugar

Construction: Nice solid cap, no soft spots along the stick, no blotches, some tend to be a little sloppy on construction near the cap (after the cut, the wrapper can unravel a bit)

Pre-light: Sweet tobacco. Very sweet.

Upon Lighting.... A very sweet blast, similar to an AF Short Story w/o the cedar. This is followed up by a smooth butter. The sweetness stays on for the whole stick.

I can't exactly split this stick into thirds, as the flavor profile does not tend to change as the burn progresses. The way I can describe this stick is as follows:
... White Peppercorn is dominant, no spice (only at times), and this is my favorite part of the stick; this flavor is very easily discernible, but most of the flavors in this stick are all like that. The white peppercorn is adjoined with a light coffee with very light cream flavor, the cream being very buttery and silky on the palate. Sweet tobacco mixes obscenely well with the coffee/cream combo, making a coffee w/ cream and sugar flavor present. There is an underlining flavor of bitter cocoa, baker's chocolate I suppose. All of this is enveloped in a very smooth floral-like flavor, and this floral flavor is adjoined perfectly with a light nutmeg-like spice (which is far less prominent than the other flavors). This whole profile continues down all the way to the nub.

After the smoke, white peppercorn and tobacco linger on the palate.

I think everyone should give a few of these a try.

Here's a pic of the stick (kinda, sorry for the shade-pic), if you look closely you might see a wild, vicious dingo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment-40.jpg (50.6 KB, 380 views)
ZenSilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tatuaje Petite Tatuaje (brown label)

You have very good taste my friend!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

I agree with not being able to split Pete Johnson products into 3rds. Most cigars are like a jazz piece that change here and again. Pete Johnson and Oliva V's are like symphonies, they just build rather than change.

And, Nice review.
Zanaspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

If you like that one you'll love the Cabaiguan Petite. I smoke them like you smoke the Tats.

rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
ZenSilk
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
If you like that one you'll love the Cabaiguan Petite. I smoke them like you smoke the Tats.

I have a couple of those guys resting and maybe in another couple of weeks I'll incinerate one of them!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
MortonMilo
Blowing smoke

First Name: R
Trading: (10)
MortonMilo has disabled reputation

I just smoked my first one of these bad boys last night and I'm hooked. As painful as it might be, I think I can somehow justify a bulk purchase.
MortonMilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Awesome Smoke & Flavor Profile! I Just Wish They Lasted Longer!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

Comparison Review, Brother?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Comparison Review, Brother?
Greg, for you, my brother, I will do that. But ya gotta keep in mind that I have the palate of a tastebudless goat. Not only that, but there is something to the Cabaiguan profile that I can't quite put my finger on what that taste is and it drives me freaking crazy...but I love it. I got the same taste recently from a La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especiale lancero. I just don't know what that flavor is. Anyway, I've got a brand new cab that I haven't even cracked the seal on, just finished the last one from the old cab. So prepare yourself...

And to the original poster, sorry for the threadjack.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Yeah, the Cabaiguan Petites are good! Had one for breakfast yesterday on the drive to work. Yummm.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
ZenSilk
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Greg, for you, my brother, I will do that. But ya gotta keep in mind that I have the palate of a tastebudless goat. Not only that, but there is something to the Cabaiguan profile that I can't quite put my finger on what that taste is and it drives me freaking crazy...but I love it. I got the same taste recently from a La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especiale lancero. I just don't know what that flavor is. Anyway, I've got a brand new cab that I haven't even cracked the seal on, just finished the last one from the old cab. So prepare yourself...

And to the original poster, sorry for the threadjack.
Hey, no need to apologize for a threadjack with a purpose!!

I'm lookin forward to readin that!