Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Continuing to execute their strategy of low-risk acquisitions on a static budget, the Mets on Monday announced that they have signed veteran pitchers Chris Capuano and Taylor Buchholz, both of whom have undergone Tommy John surgery in recent years.

GREAT!! Two more "weak arms" that will hit the DL a few times this year.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #22
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

You get your spring training invite Mac? I think everyone else got theirs
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #23
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottskangum View Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottskangum View Post
Damnit!! Mine must have gotten lost in the mail. I know they need some lefty bullpen help...WTF???
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #25
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Top of the 9th, game 5 of the 2000 World Series.
...that was cruel...funny, but cruel.....
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #26
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
...that was cruel...funny, but cruel.....
I thought is was awesome.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #27
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I thought is was awesome.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #28
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Continuing to execute their strategy of low-risk acquisitions on a static budget, the Mets on Monday announced that they have signed veteran pitchers Chris Capuano and Taylor Buchholz, both of whom have undergone Tommy John surgery in recent years.

GREAT!! Two more "weak arms" that will hit the DL a few times this year.
We'll see how it turns out, but I like Capuano. If I were a Met fan () I would actually be okay with his signing.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets sign Willie Harris to a minor league deal...I LIKE THIS!!

Earlier this week, the Mets signed lefty reliever Taylor Tankersley to a Minor League contract. Not a fan of this move. Our pitching staff is gonna look like DOO DOO this year.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

And that is different from any other year?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #31
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Have a bad feeling about this year, I actually think it's the first year that I'm not being optimistic. Pitching isn't going to be up to par with anybody. Still, I have to get down there this year to see new stadium, last time I was there was the last year at shea, I brought my son to his first MLB game to say " Let's Go Mets "
Old 01-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #32
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Mets look to be signing Scott Hairston to a minor league deal. He is a good utility player that can play just about every position and works well off the bench.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #33
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets sign free agent LF Scott Hairston & RHP Chris Young. Hopefully Young can regain his form...not sure about the Hairston deal.

Also signed Blaine Boyer to a minor league deal. I like this...helps add a little to the bullpen.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #34
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Hariston is a good pick up. He can play everywhere.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #35
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Mets are looking to sell part of the team.
They claim any sale will leave them with controlling interest.

Start rolling your change up Mac
Old 01-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Mets are looking to sell part of the team.
They claim any sale will leave them with controlling interest.

Start rolling your change up Mac
Emptying my piggy bank as we speak.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The team is only worth about $15.84 give or take.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #38
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Sad thing is they're saying they have about $50 to $60 million coming off the books in 2012 and that they probably wouldn't invest it in new players unless it's one year commitments. Which to say never happens unless the players coming off an injury, I guess I'll look forward to 2013.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #39
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Maybe with the new baseball people in the front office they can get themselves back on track and build a team that fits the field they play in. They have a pitchers park and need a team that is based on pitching and defense.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:26 AM   #40
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Rumor has it that Martin Luther King III is interested in buying 20%-25% of the Mets. Curent value is $ 858 million (at 25%= $ 214.5 million). Didn't know social workers made that kind of change.