Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #321
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
what was the govenors daughter looking at on the table? i felt they made a point to show her turn her head and focus on something. just didnt know what it was. looked like a wine glass type thing with something in it???
she seemed to be looking at a large piece of meat sitting there, we wondered the same thing until they panned out a bit
Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #322
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
she seemed to be looking at a large piece of meat sitting there, we wondered the same thing until they panned out a bit
Yep, the gov had what looked like brains in a chalice next to his throne.....er chair

SHOT OF THE SEASON for me was last night with the Gov's eye....man I shouted out loud at the tv "DAYUM!"

Quote:
Looks like the prison needs some fortification. Will the multiple groups band together? I think they'd fare better if they did some how. Glad the Governor's daughter was finished off.
As they showed on Talking Dead a preview of next seasons episode, seems the new people are going to over throw Carol, Carl & Hershel, but Tyreese ain't having it.......
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #323
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
SHOT OF THE SEASON for me was last night with the Gov's eye....man I shouted out loud at the tv "DAYUM!"
There's a bar in town that shows the episodes on a projector screen and several dozen people turn out. Whenever a shocker happens the reactions are always classic. When Michonne stabbed the Gov a guy yelled out amidst the gasps "She shanked him!"

Gotta say my SHOT OF THE SEASON however was Lori's death scene and Rick's reaction. Amazing acting
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #324
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

The Gov got his A$$ handed to him by a chick. That guy(GOV) is such a Doochebag. After seeing that ending it looks like he flipped Merle to make him his inside man. Next step is taking out team Rick & taking the prison. Looks like the Gov defenitly wants to kill all living people. Once again, DOOCHEBAG. I wonder how Ricks flashbacks of Shane will play out. Kool little twist to show him with what looks like he might have a mental meltdown.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #325
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Gotta say my SHOT OF THE SEASON however was Lori's death scene and Rick's reaction. Amazing acting
Have to agree. Great acting.

Second for me is when Rick cut off Herchel's leg.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #326
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

I think we missed out on tyreese putting mommy out of her misery with the hammer
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #327
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscmit View Post
I think we missed out on tyreese putting mommy out of her misery with the hammer
It didn't happen on screen, but he did tell that girl (Sasha maybe?) "We got stuff to do" and looked that way (towards the body)

another SHOT OF THE SEASON "Sh!t Happens"
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #328
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

keep in mind that Rick has already snapped long ago. I was watching him watching that phone,
waiting for the girl to call back. But when Herschel picked up the phone, he immediately seemed to realize
that there was no dial tone, just scratchy static. He also seemed to realize he needed to give 'crazy' Rick
some space and left the room. I said, damn, Rick has lost it. there IS NO person on the other end.
Then they just ham-fistedly showed that the phone thing was just mental breakdown. I kind of hoped that
they would leave it as speculation by the audience.

15 mins left on the Episode 7 & 8 DVD.....gonna get caught up tonight.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #329
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great episode...glad to see Glenn and Maggie saved...sad to see that Darrell got captured. I foresee a rumble between him and Merle.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #330
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Great episode...glad to see Glenn and Maggie saved...sad to see that Darrell got captured. I foresee a rumble between him and Merle.
I see that being the Governor's wish, but I bet they team up to break out.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #331
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I was rooting for Michone to finish off the governor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I see that being the Governor's wish, but I bet they team up to break out.
Definitely expect that to happen.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #332
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Looks like the prison needs some fortification. Will the multiple groups band together? I think they'd fare better if they did some how. Glad the Governor's daughter was finished off.
At the beginning of the episode when the other group climbed into the prison, I thought they were going to have one of those plot devices where they show something happening in the future. I was thinking it would play out that the Gov had attacked the prison, run everyone off, and then here's this group at some point in the future finding the prison which is now easy to access. They show the future first and then the episode fills in the blank. Of course, I was WRONG. Looks like as you say the prison needs some fortification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD View Post
The Gov got his A$$ handed to him by a chick. That guy(GOV) is such a Doochebag. After seeing that ending it looks like he flipped Merle to make him his inside man. Next step is taking out team Rick & taking the prison. Looks like the Gov defenitly wants to kill all living people. Once again, DOOCHEBAG. I wonder how Ricks flashbacks of Shane will play out. Kool little twist to show him with what looks like he might have a mental meltdown.
I didn't even think of that! I definitely would not put it past the Gov to make it look like he had betrayed Merle so that Rick's group would take him in and then Merle would be the Gov's man on the inside.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #333
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
I didn't even think of that! I definitely would not put it past the Gov to make it look like he had betrayed Merle so that Rick's group would take him in and then Merle would be the Gov's man on the inside.
Interesting. I thought that the Gov was mad at Merle because he told him that he had killed Michone, and hadn't. I don't think Merle is in on this plan if that's what it is.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #334
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Interesting. I thought that the Gov was mad at Merle because he told him that he had killed Michone, and hadn't. I don't think Merle is in on this plan if that's what it is.
Not to mention that Michonne will kill Merle on sight after their confrontation when she left Woodbury. No way Merle joins Ricks group.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #335
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I also do not see a way for Merle to ever become a part of Rick's group. No plausible way anyway.
If the show goes Dixie LOST on us, maybe. One thing I will say....I hate cliff-hangers. I know it's
the very most fundamental device in Television, but I still hate em. If a show is good, I will come back and
watch ASAP. There is no need to play games with me, and if a show SUCKS, there is no way to tempt me
back anyway. But the Gov lives, so that goes on. Merle, incidentally does not looked too shocked to be put
in the position he has been put in, so I agree that something smells like fish. Of course the Gov now has
monocular vision, and he will ALWAYS be scared now. I think that's the one truth he told in his little speech.
He may be the big man on campus, but he will not be putting his shi+ out in the wind so easily now.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #336
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

It was a good, solid episode. Is it February yet?

As far as Merle joining Rick and the group, I don't really see that happening. Keep in mind that he tortured Glenn and threw a zombie in the room with him for a cage match. He was also involved with Maggie's detention. But, who knows..it's TV.

Man, they killed off 2-dawg too.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #337
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I foresee a rumble between him and Merle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
but I bet they team up to break out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Definitely expect that to happen.
I see the two of them putting Andrea on the rotisserie,
Daryl reaches across Andrea's back to high five his brother,
forgets that Merle has a knife hand, cuts his own hand,
and dies of a staph infection!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #338
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I see the two of them putting Andrea on the rotisserie,
Daryl reaches across Andrea's back to high five his brother,
forgets that Merle has a knife hand, cuts his own hand,
and dies of a staph infection!

If only the show was on Cinemax after 10 pm
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #339
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

I see Merle and Darryl joining together and overtaking the gov. I see Merle being upset that the gov is calling him a "terrorist" (even though he didn't really show any emotion about it) and to prove to his brother and Rick and them that he can be loyal by offing the gov.

Idk though, that seems like a pu$$y way for Merle to go.....so just speculating.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #340
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I see Merle and Darryl joining together and overtaking the gov. I see Merle being upset that the gov is calling him a "terrorist" (even though he didn't really show any emotion about it) and to prove to his brother and Rick and them that he can be loyal by offing the gov.

Idk though, that seems like a pu$$y way for Merle to go.....so just speculating.
I wonder if Merle is going to play the roll of Rodriguez from the comics or might that be Andrea's roll it seems?