Old 10-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #83
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

That totally sucked! Cote was holding his own against Silva. Just too bad, really too bad.

I did enjoy the Sherk fight though, really entertaining
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #84
Ron1YY

Hey Dustin!!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #85
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Very unfortunate for Cote. I wish we could get a rematch, but to be honest, Silva will likely be retired by the time Cote comes back from a knee injury that bad.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #86
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Hey bro, how's it going?

Enjoyed the Kos fight, thought he tried hard but ended up getting outclassed.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #87
TriStar
Smokes, let's go.

Trading: (1)
TriStar is on a distinguished road

Gotta give Kos credit for only two weeks notice. Not that bad of a card, very unfortunate for Cote. I did find Anderson was putting on a show. He could have landed a lot more in the first 10 minutes. It's like he wanted to make it last. Sherk vs Griffin was fight of the night for me. What a great way to start the live card off. I was so annoyed by the referee in the Clementi fight. "Let's go guys.. Work guys... Come on guys... Let's go guys.." He even told them to work as they advanced position on the ground. Like come on did this guy come from Boxing? It's MIXED martial arts for a reason. Lol damn... I miss Big John...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #88
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, who were those refs anyway!! I heard Big John was coming back...

Sad about Cote indeed, he was doing ok.

Koscheck, although I am not a fan, did alright. However, I don't think he went to his wrestling as much as he should have. But mad props for his recover-ability...

GSP is gonna have some fun with Alves, but I am still sure George will win! Uh, unless BJ poses a problem --> Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #89
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

I was actually very impressed with Alves' take down defense, it pretty much neutralized Kos's ground game.

And while I do anticipate a win for GSP if he were to fight Alves I think it would be an all out war. GSP would need to find a way to counter those low leg kicks and turn it into a shoot opportunity for himself in order to fully capitalize on that opening.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #90
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Try mmalinker.com Sanchez. They have tons of vids from lots of fighters. You can also see the fights live on channelsurfing.net
thanks mcgee!!
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #91
MileHighGolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
I was actually very impressed with Alves' take down defense, it pretty much neutralized Kos's ground game.
i agree with that. Kos was looking frustrated that he couldnt get him down when he wanted to
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #92
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Have you guys checked out new UFC 91 Website?

http://91.ufc.com/

Looks like Couture's really beefed up for this fight. I read an interview where he's been training with 245lb+ guys at Xtreme Couture to try and get used to the weight difference. Glad to see he's taking it seriously.

WAR COUTURE!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #93
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Have you guys checked out new UFC 91 Website?

http://91.ufc.com/

Looks like Couture's really beefed up for this fight. I read an interview where he's been training with 245lb+ guys at Xtreme Couture to try and get used to the weight difference. Glad to see he's taking it seriously.

WAR COUTURE!!!!!
Dustin, Do you know which Xtreme couture location he is training at? One of them is walking distance from the office I work at and it would be KICK AZZ to go see him train for this!!!!

Eon
Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #94
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Dustin,

The UFC91 website is clearly the work of cameras and perception. They put Randy in the foreground so he appears bigger and taller, putting Brock in the backround, somewhat covered up and looking shorter.

I agree, Randy will come into this fight bigger than normal and prepared, but I think we will see a more substantial size difference when they square up and go into a clinch.

Regardless, this is going to be a VERY entertaining and interesting fight for sure.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #95
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

Location: Goverment Facility Solving The Riddles of Time Travel
Trading: (0)
HdM
Comicbookfreak is on a distinguished road

I can't wait for UFC 91. Wouldn't it be something if Lesnar beat Randy then Mir beats Nog, then we would see a rematch or Lesnar/Mir. I think Randy will have his hands full with Brock, but I wouldn't bet against him. Brock keeps improving with every fight. And he is so damn big he has to cut weight just to fight Heavyweight. I hate that rule. Sorry, but if you fight heavyweight there should be no weight limit.
Comicbookfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #96
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

There are fumors flying that The Iceman will fight The Spider in Feb.

One last attempt for Chuck to be on top.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #97
kayaker

That would be a great fight, but we now know how chuck gets beat. I think the Spider would take this one, but it's another battle of counter strikers.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #98
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Coming this Saturday morning:

Takanori Gomi, widely considered to be the second best lightweight in the world (BJ Penn is first), will compete at Sengoku 6 on November 1 in Saitama, Japan.
Gomi will be facing Sergey Golyaev of the Red Devil Sports Club.
Sengoku had planned for Gomi to next fight at Sengoku 7, but Gomi, who was frustrated with his last performance, insisted on fighting at Sengoku 6 because he wanted a clear victory heading into a championship bout at Sengoku 7.
"When I was fighting in PRIDE Bushido, I was in great condition," Gomi said. "Therefore, I want to keep fighting without taking a long break like I did in Bushido. As long as I get an opportunity, I would like to keep fighting as much as I can. This way is much easier for me to maintain the condition. I have been in good condition after SENGOKU.5. I'm ready to fight anytime and I only need to adjust my weight."
Golyaev (10-6) is on a 3-fight winning streak, but hasn't fought since December 2, 2006. He has lost all his fights against notable opponents such as Rich Clementi, Joachim Hansen and Kurt Pellegrino.
Sengoku 6 will feature the semifinals and final of the event's lightweight and middleweight tournaments.
-------
World Victory Road: Sengoku 6
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Middleweight Grand Prix
Yuki Sasaki vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
Jorge Santiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Joe Doerksen vs. Izuru Takeuchi (Reserve)

Lightweight Grand Prix
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Kazunori Yokota vs. Mizuto Hirota
Bang Seung Hwan vs. Jorge Masvidal (Reserve)

Non-Tournament Bouts:
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Fabio Silva
Josh Barnett vs. TBA

These Sengoku cards are always entertainig.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #99
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba

Will Kimblow ever go away:

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/30/kimbo...-eve-in-japan/

Kimbo Slice (3-1) is eyeing a return to action against the man who defeated him in just 14 seconds at Elite XC: “Heat” on October 4, Seth “The Silverback” Petruzelli (10-4), according to an interview in a recent article with the Sun-Sentinel.

The possible destination for the rematch is the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve event in Japan.

Petruzelli was a last minute replacement for an injured Ken Shamrock when he faced Kimbo the first time around. He stunned the bearded brawler and an arena full of his hometown faithful that night by landing a straight right directly on the button and finishing him off in only 14 seconds.

The win didn’t come without some negative effects for Petruzelli, however. He made some comments on an Orlando morning radio program two days later that reeked of possible match fixing. The interview sparked an investigation into Elite XC and later was among the contributing causes to the promotion going under.

Regardless, Petruzelli was quick to say he would give Slice a rematch at the post event presser in Sunrise. And realistically it was only a matter of time before the fight was inked. But with the demise of the promotion, it was uncertain whether or not Petruzelli vs. Kimbo II would ever happen.

Both fighters are free agents now (or will be soon) and if this latest report is active, we’ll be seeing the two square off again before the end of 2008.

Petruzelli is a wrestling and karate expert who likes to finish his opponents with his striking. Nine times he’s had his hand raised because of a knockout. His only losses in his eight-year career have come to UFC veterans Gan McGee, Mario Neto, Matt Hamill and Wilson Gouveia.

Kimbo made his mark on the entertainment world by knocking out dudes in Miami backyards. By airing the footage on YouTube.com he became an overnight celebrity and fighting professionally soon became his calling.

He enlisted the help of legendary mixed martial artist Bas Rutten as his head trainer and he’s been training consistently for more than two years now. His first setback was the loss to Seth and it’ll be interesting to see how he responds in his next fight … especially if it’s a rematch with “The Silverback.”

Also rumored to be competing on the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve event are Joachim Hansen, Hayato “Mach” Sakurai, Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Masakazu Imanari, Takeshi Yamazaki, Atsushi Yamamoto, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Minowaman, Kiyoshi Tamura, Seichi Ikemoto, Yuichi Nakanishi, Yasuhiro Kido, Yoshihiro Sato, Norifumi “KID” Yamamoto, Caol Uno, Hideo Tokoro, Masakatsu Funaki, Katsuyori Shibata, Junichi Sawayashiki, Taishin Kohiruimaki, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Gegard Mousasi and Hong Man Choi.

Star studded to say the least.

With a lineup like this, it’s safe to say Kimbo and Seth won’t be main eventing this one. If so, it will be the first time in his career that the Miami native was not the headliner.

We’ll keep you posted on more news regarding this fight and event as it’s announced.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #100
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Anyone watching Sengoku tonight?