Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Blind Review Cigar #2

Cigar #2 reveal and my review.

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga
6x54

I have been smoking the little brother to this cigar, the Robusto, since it was first released – I preferred shorter cigars back then, and again now. I have occasionally delved into this larger size, and it is truly very similar to the robusto, just a longer version. What is truly amazing is that this particular smoke has remained consistent in flavor, aroma, etc… for all these years.

1) Aesthetics: I truly love the tissue-wrapped presentation to this cigar, it just looks elegant with the gold and red band over the white tissue. Removing the tissue finds a dark chocolate, veiny, maduro wrapper with a slightly sloppy cap.

2) Pre-light Construction: This is a consistently firm cigar. When cut, the draw was nicely free and open, with hints of sweetness on the pre-light draw. When nosing the foot, rich tobacco with hints of nutmeg seemed to come through.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Upon lighting, the easy draw brought forth large volumes of thick smoke, keeping a straight burn line, and producing a white ash.

4) Flavor and strength: I remember these for the exquisite hints of chocolate, I mean, rich chocolate and coffee. This was very reminiscent of that, there were hints of chocolate and coffee, rich tobacco, and slight spice. I find it interesting that in this present incarnation, I also found ephemeral hints of green tea. This is definitely not a full-bodied smoke, more on the milder side of medium.

5) Aftertaste/Finish: With each exhale, there were hints of spice and cocoa that clung fleetingly on the palate.

6) Aroma: Again, side-slip aroma was of chocolate, cocoa, and coffee.

7) General Comments: Of the many cigars I have returned to from the past, this is one of the few that transports me back in time to when I first smoke them. That is amazing!

8) Recommendation: While I like these, and recommend them highly, the contemporary smoker should not expect a full-bodied smoke. Of course, every cigar should be smoked and enjoyed for its own merits. Pick one up with an open mind and be surprised by the enjoyment you will find.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blind Review Cigar #2

Conch Republican's review:

1) Aesthetics: Bling stick #2...a Maduro toro-ish size. Cut is fine; no real odor noted, draw is effortless

2) Pre-light Construction: See above

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked:

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3: Post light, cigar seems very mild; good construction, nice burn, nice white ash. There is an unpleasant aftertaste - but I may also not be awake :-) Unpleasant is a strong word...I am pairing this with my morning coffee, it seems to have changed and we are only into the 1st inch. Less unpleasant after taste, the ash is starkly white - with the offset of the Maduro wrapper. Burn is still ok...the aftertaste is a bit bitter, but not horrible - then again my 1st 2 conference calls are the same today

4b) Flavor and strength – 2nd 1/3: ok, just starting the 2nd 1/3 of the cigar...There is still an odd aftertaste...almost like when ginger ale bubbles on your tongue. Again not horrible, but I typically do not smoke NC's so this is a very different journey for my 3 taste buds. Still on the mild-medium side for me. Not much change either way

4c) Flavor and strength – Last 1/3: Entering the last 1/3; construction is still good, getting a bit stronger, and a little more of a chemical taste to the cigar. Unknown if I will make it to nub status yet... A bit more ammonia on the retrohale - this is not bad, but if DBall were reviewing, he would likely pair this cigar with a glass of bleach
Down to the nub, less ammonia - which is surprising. Stronger than the start and middle.

5) Aftertaste/Finish:
6) Aroma:
7) General Comments:
8) Recommendation: Overall a decent mild to Medium cigar. As I said in previous reviews - everyone should try every cigar.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:34 AM   #3
cnnanan

You Inner Passion in Your Heart.Everyone -every person in this world has a Dream: a passion, a vision in
their life that pulls them and urges them to move forward in life. You, my friend have this vision within
you, it "whispers" to you occasionally, but in some cases it cries out. It cries out to be listened to and
acted upon because this vision comes from your soul. Find your inner fire, your sense of purpose; this fire
will help you harness strengths you're not even aware you have. Be connected with your inner passions - saskatoon hookers near me
your Life's Dreams, and live that passion every day.

Last edited by icehog3; 02-19-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnanan View Post
saskatoon hookers near me
your Life's Dreams, and live that passion every day.
This is literally what this clown posted. I disabled the link but wow. I didn't even know there were any Saskatoonian Sluits in Chicago!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
This is literally what this clown posted. I disabled the link but wow. I didn't even know there were any Saskatoonian Sluits in Chicago!
Any Way To Keep The Spammers Out, Admiral???
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #6
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I did a google map check. Saskatoon is over 1500 miles from me. Chicago, sure, I could see them going there (lucky you, Tom). But Detroit? They lose a bet?
Old 02-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #7
retired
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: lenny
Trading: (0)
retired will become famous soon enough

never "date" a S'toon hooker in the winter!
if they don't like you they pee on your car door handles when they leave and lock you out.
Note* NOT from experience!!
Old 02-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #8
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
if they don't like you they pee on your car door handles when they leave and lock you out.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I did a google map check. Saskatoon is over 1500 miles from me. Chicago, sure, I could see them going there (lucky you, Tom). But Detroit? They lose a bet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote