Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Explain what? He's a dick, I don't like him on my team, and his stench makes me ill.
Fair enough!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #262
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Do you expect Tom Brady to be greeted by boos from Pats fans?
Nope. But then again, he didn't beat the ever-loving schiesse out of a kid, either. Apparently, he did something much, much worse...

I'm just not involved enough in the cult of football to get all riled up every time someone cheats (or to be more precise, to get all riled up when players from successful teams cheat). Which, for those that are naive, is pretty much every play of every game of every year.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #263
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

If I lived next to Tom Brady, I'd ride his alligators.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #264
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Tom Brady will get more cheers than ever imagined when he runs out at Gillette Stadium.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #265
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I don't like obfuscations and sophistry. Defending Brady by citing Peterson? Hey, Franco and Mussolini had their faults, but at least they were not Hitler. WTF? What does one have to do with the other? And none of the Brady defenders have yet addressed the issue! First they denied the balls were deflated. Then they proposed some pseudo-scientific explanations about the weather affecting the balls. Then they denied that the managers actually doctored the balls. Then they claimed that, even if they had, it was done without Brady's prompting or knowledge. Then they denied that the deflating of balls had any effect on the huge disparity of turnovers and dropped passes in relation to other teams. Then they claimed that, even if the balls were doctored, it is OK because every other team doctors theirs too. Now, with the revelation that Brady destroyed the phone which may have held the evidence to either prove or dispute the charges, they refuse to even recognize the potential significance of this destruction of evidence.

Like Brady, who would be better off if he just stood up like a man and faced the music, these fans need to face the fact that they cannot see clearly because their lips are planted permanently on Brady's hairy @$$, which totally blocks their vision.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #266
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't like obfuscations and sophistry. Defending Brady by citing Peterson? Hey, Franco and Mussolini had their faults, but at least they were not Hitler. WTF? What does one have to do with the other? And none of the Brady defenders have yet addressed the issue! First they denied the balls were deflated. Then they proposed some pseudo-scientific explanations about the weather affecting the balls. Then they denied that the managers actually doctored the balls. Then they claimed that, even if they had, it was done without Brady's prompting or knowledge. Then they denied that the deflating of balls had any effect on the huge disparity of turnovers and dropped passes in relation to other teams. Then they claimed that, even if the balls were doctored, it is OK because every other team doctors theirs too. Now, with the revelation that Brady destroyed the phone which may have held the evidence to either prove or dispute the charges, they refuse to even recognize the potential significance of this destruction of evidence.

Like Brady, who would be better off if he just stood up like a man and faced the music, these fans need to face the fact that they cannot see clearly because their lips are planted permanently on Brady's hairy @$$, which totally blocks their vision.
I just spit a very good Sam Adams all over the place.
Can't agree with you more.

BTW, figured Sam Adams was the way to go today.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #267
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

He cheated, he got caught, he's being punished. What more do you want? It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them. Hence my bringing up a guy who brutally, savagely whipped a child yet see zero threads dedicate to calling for lifetime bans for him.

I guess it's just strange to me to see what football fans will tolerate - and turn a blind eye to - before they get angry at a player.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #268
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
He cheated, he got caught, he's being punished. What more do you want? It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them. Hence my bringing up a guy who brutally, savagely whipped a child yet see zero threads dedicate to calling for lifetime bans for him.

I guess it's just strange to me to see what football fans will tolerate - and turn a blind eye to - before they get angry at a player.
You are missing the obvious.
No one is glorifying a child beating piece of crap, at least not here.
The point is..........ready..........here it comes..........sorry for reality..........Outside a Boston fan, the world hates Brady and the Patriots. Them cheating all the time and thinking they are above all makes it that much easier to hate them. They help justify the dislike for them and they're quite good at it.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #269
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
The problem with the irony-impaired is their failure to recognize their own ironical views. And FYI, I don't much like football.

The reason a Brady/Patriots thread lasted for months is simple. It is because Brady and the Pats have kept it alive for months. You want it to go away? Then do what Brady should do . . . sit down and stick a sock in it.

But if you elect not to do so, which is your right, then at least make some attempt to address the issue WITHOUT MAKING EXCUSES OR POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS. Your unproven hypothesis that everybody cheats has gotten stale. Hell, it was stale back in the Spygate days.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #270
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

It stays alive because you knuckleheads keep it alive.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #271
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
It stays alive because you knuckleheads keep it alive.
Amen. That's why this knucklehead is out.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #272
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Marsha Marsha Marsha!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #273
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Quote:
The problem with the irony-impaired is their failure to recognize their own ironical views. And FYI, I don't much like football.

The reason a Brady/Patriots thread lasted for months is simple. It is because Brady and the Pats have kept it alive for months. You want it to go away? Then do what Brady should do . . . sit down and stick a sock in it.

But if you elect not to do so, which is your right, then at least make some attempt to address the issue WITHOUT MAKING EXCUSES OR POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS. Your unproven hypothesis that everybody cheats has gotten stale. Hell, it was stale back in the Spygate days.
It's cute that you think that.

I'm out...
Old 07-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #274
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'm not a Pats fan. Not even a little.
Yet I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. Brady is very easily a Hall of Fame QB, and one of the top 3 in the game today, arguably the best.
Bill Belichick stands so far above any other coach in the league that it's laughable.
There's nobody coaching today that can compare.

I think a big part of the rub, at least for me, is the arrogance.
They don't even try to cheat good.
Maybe it just seems that way because all eyes are on them. It's hard to hide when you're such a bunch of dicks that everyone is looking to see you get busted.

I'm just in it for the wee-yoo, myself. The Pats are one ball club that is going to give a guy his money's worth week in and week out. They're thrilling to watch, fun to hate, and it's wonderful when my team kicks their ass.

Someone asked if anyone would trade their QB for Brady.
Up till the last couple years, the answer would have been an immediate yes.
I just don't think he'd work in the Steeler's system right now, and he's getting long in the tooth. No sense making a change.
Would I give up Mike Tomlin for Belichick? I LOVE Mike. But I'd slap him on the ass on the way out the door. There's only one Bill Belichick, and I'd give up half the club for him.

I also admit I have no idea what Marsha means.
The Admiral sometimes blows my mind.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #275
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Everybody cheats. Period.
If you'd like a 10,000 page list, I can put it together, Thomas. If I cared.
It's FAR from an unproven hypothesis, it's common knowledge.
I will admit that "everybody" isn't the right word. It's simply akin to saying "all women cheat", when in fact, only about 73% do. A number like that earns itself a moniker like "every". Even though it's a slight exaggeration, it's understandable and obviously not meant to be literal.

FYI, I guess Tom and Giselle sold the mansion with the moat.
So we won't get to ride their alligators. But, if you want, we can go let the air out of their tires.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #276
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
So we won't get to ride their alligators. But, if you want, we can go let the air out of their tires.
To Dr. Dre no less. No doubt some of that Apple money he got from selling Beats.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #277
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them.
To be fair, who's there to defend the actions of Peterson or Ray Rice Or Greg Hardy to drive the narrative to where it reaches seven pages on this forum? I mean, we pretty much all agree that their actions were sh!tty, so I guess it'd be a board member starting a thread and then whatever members posting in it with a bunch of posts.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:21 AM   #278
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
They live about 3 miles from my house
Old 07-30-2015, 05:23 AM   #279
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #280
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Keeping this baby alive like a troll.

All the Brady haters are just jealous of him because he bangs this

Nobody seriously cares about 2psi in a football except jealous haters LOL

I still want Andrew Luck in my draft but I will take all the criminals and cheaters in a heartbeat push comes to shove.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote