Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #21
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Taboo Cigars

I got some lanceros, anda couple others in a trade a few months ago and love love love them.!
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Give Rob @ Taboo A Call, Todd. He Should Be Able To Help.
I have talked to Rob in the past, he's good people. I haven't pried much about where the cigars come from and who produces them for him. I know Oliva did a lot of his work, but I believe that my favorite, the HSG were not made by Oliva.

Actually, I was just wondering more about why we haven't seen much discussed here about Taboo in a long time.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

I was just thinking about this myself. I was going through my cooler this past weekend and saw that I have around 15-20 Special Forces Original Lanceros. I won those during a drawing that Taboo did in the old CS days. Was given a free bundle of taboo cigars. Man, those have been resting for a quite a few years now.....I should actually try them out and not just give them away ;-)
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Give Rob @ Taboo A Call, Todd. He Should Be Able To Help.
I have talked to Rob in the past, he's good people. I haven't pried much about where the cigars come from and who produces them for him. I know Oliva did a lot of his work, but I believe that my favorite, the HSG were not made by Oliva.

Actually, I was just wondering more about why we haven't seen much discussed here about Taboo in a long time. Don't see them reviewed. Don't see them discussed. And rarely see them in PIFs/bombs/etc.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #25
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

I have about 15 taboos resting and i was just thinking about this the other day. When I first starting smoking they were all over CS than it seems like they just went away. the emails from them have stopped also. However the last couple i have lit up were still very enjoyable.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #26
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
I have about 15 taboos resting and i was just thinking about this the other day. When I first starting smoking they were all over CS than it seems like they just went away. the emails from them have stopped also. However the last couple i have lit up were still very enjoyable.
It's weird that they just up and disappeared. I used to get emails from them all the time and they were constantly running specials and contests in the old CS days. I still have a couple of Twists in my humi.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

It seems like I remember when Rob did all the changing to the lounge and all that there was an email and announcement that you had to opt in for the new and improved mailing list.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #28
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I thought about these the other day. I had tried a couple different sticks several years ago, but they never really stuck with me either. Honestly, I haven't missed them.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
It seems like I remember when Rob did all the changing to the lounge and all that there was an email and announcement that you had to opt in for the new and improved mailing list.
I remember that too. IIRC not only did they move into a new shop they moved to a new computer system too. Might have lost their CA password etc.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #30
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
I still got a bunch of these from a few years ago. Never smoked them.
Hey Kevin, if you have the Twists, and you want to unload, I'm your huckleberry!!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #31
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Today's e-mail from them states "we WILL have some Twist or HSG in the near future..." They may pre-sell once the shipment is confirmed.