Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Project of the Day : New Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Basically, it's a six core AMD, 9.8TB, 16GB RAM, dual PSU monster in the sweetest full tower aluminum chassis I've ever seen. If I can't take over the world with this rig, it can't be taken over. Period[/IMG]
Dear God....
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #62
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

I miss your project of the day threads
Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #63
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

They're boring now, Andrew. Yesterday I installed an RODI system with a pre-salterizer that I modified from my old RODI unit. That stuff is for super clean drinking water at the sink and zero ppm water (100% pure) for my salt water tank.
My next project is putting in a whole house water conditioner. I started that last night, I'm gonna take off a material list this morning.
After that, I have to run a bunch of circuits to the garage to finish turning it into a shop. Then I have to finish cabinetry for the shop. Then I'm buying a CNC machine for the shop to build cabinet doors and stuff.
Then the Projects Of The Day will be pumping out like wildfire.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #64
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up to my H: Drive dropping out.
I'm copying that drive to an open drive right now. I'll the isolate it and eradicate it.
It's the third time I've seen it drop out. If it's on SATA 3 on my board, I may be able to assume that channel is flaky.
I have time to mess with it this morning. There's almost a TB of crap on that H drive, so it'll take awhile. I think I'll do away with it altogether and heed Jorgen's warning about too much stuff spinning up at once.
I may RMA this drive, it's a new 2TB. I'd like to keep the 2TB's and get rid of the 1-1.5TB I have in there.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #65
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

Run HD tune on the disk http://www.hdtune.com/files/hdtune_255.exe. Make sure to select the proper disk from the drop down at the top then go to the error scan tab and run a long test. Take a look at the health tab, should give you a good picture of the drives health.

Edit: thinking more about this it may be that you have a single rail on one PS overloaded. I'm not sure about your power supplies but many have 2 or more rails per PS these days.
Edit2: Nope, my stupid. I didn't actually look it up first, that PS has a single 12v rail.

Last edited by backwoods357; 02-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #66
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

There's dual 600w psu's daisy chained, Jorgen.
I was real careful to split duty. I moved some stuff around, thinking the same thing you were thinking. Still the same thing.
I'll run a bunch of tests after I safeguard the data. If I had one solid guess right now, it's that the H: drive is on SATA port 3. I think it's the culprit. That's just gut, though. I'll need to be far more systematic to get down to the bottom of this little glitch.