Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Attention Red Sox Fans

Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Attention Red Sox Fans

Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Visit the Home Depot in Secaucus NJ this Saturday July 11th to meet and greet one of the most memorable names in all of Red Sox history - the incomparable Bucky Dent! The first 200 in attendence will receive an autographed baseball, which you will surely cherish for years to come.

Neither Bill Buckner nor Aaron Boone are currently scheduled, but you never know.
To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Bucky bleepin Dent
Old 07-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Why don't you pay a visit to Massachusetts and plant a wet one square on my hairy butt? Yankee fans are bigger a**holes than their team.
I concur
Old 07-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Kinda funny coming a Sox fan
Old 07-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
To quote a friend of mine "This guy makes me miss Legend"
Absolutely. Legend was clueless, not evil.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #12
taltos
Really, really old

taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I would like to think there is an exception or two Paul.
When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
When dealing with the OP generalizations work better. You and Smitty are obviously exceptions but I have been to games at Fenway and at the old Yankee Stadium and opposing fans are treated much worse by the locals at the New York venue. The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general. I also agree with BlackIrish except that the op is not only evil but clueless also. I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year
Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
taltos
Really, really old

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Gimme a break. I've made the trek with friends up to Fenway a couple of times to watch the Yankees/Sox and we caught plenty of flak.

I don't care what side of the fence your on, Yankees and Sox fans are the same. Both sides have plenty of die hards, a**holes, and front runners. Only Yankees fans are better behaved. When we win a WS we throw a parade and celebrate. When the Sox win Red Sox nation has a riot, sets cars on fire and busts up store front windows. Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year
Wrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you. By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Wrong, the riots are when the Pats win a Super Bowl. I have seen Sox fans getting beaten up in the upper deck of the old toilet bowl. I have never seen a Yankee fan get beaten up at Fenway. Lets not get started on Pats/Jets because both sides are wrong. I still enjoy busting balls with you. By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
Google Red Sox riots
Old 07-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Don't you Sox fans realize why Yankee fans yank your chain, and tease you like the little brother on the playground? Simple - you let us. Here you are, getting all bent over Dent, and a game that ended over thirty years ago! And there's no good reason for it, save that you let it bother you. First off, it's just a game - win or lose, there's another one tomorrow, or the next day, next week, next month, next year. Secondly, The Curse has ended. Your team has their rings, you should be happy now. Hell, all you said for three generations was "Just once before I die." Well, you got your wish, and you still act like petulant kids who dropped their lollipops. Get over it. You wanna shut us up? Then the next time someone mentions Bucky, Buckner, Boone, or Boggs riding that horse around The Bronx, just smile and shrug and say "Yes, that one still hurts." That's OK, that's just fine. But as long as you don't act like winners, and still act like the little brother on the playground, you will get yanked by Yanks.

Hey, I'm not trying to be nasty here - I mean this sincerely, one BOTL to another. And I am sure that all I'll get for my effort from most of you is a hearty . But if even one of you stops and thinks, "You know, he may have a point here" then maybe we all can just sit back with a cold one and a stogie and enjoy the game. Take the word of a Yankee fan on this - it's a lot more fun that way.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #17
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Go Angels
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Can we send this guy back and Legend???

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
Go Angels
Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out.

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Quote:
Should be a good series, Gary - we'll see how it plays out.

And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish.
Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.
cort is offline   Reply With Quote