Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #21
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Attention Red Sox Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
Ya I hope our pitching will show up this series. We seem to do well against the Yanks for some reason so I am optomistic.

Be nice to Moe. He makes cookies.
Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Yeah, my boys always seem to have problems with youse guys, and I'll be happy with 2 of 3 - I know you won't, but hey. And as for Moe, cookies or no, I tried to be nice, but those guys are crazy-blind when it comes to their teams. That's why they're so fun to tease - you can probably see them turning red from there.
I'll take 2 of 3 as well just the other way around.

I am stayin far away from this NY-MA battle. I dont mind talkin **** when my teams play you fools. The best thing that could happen would be if when the sox played the yanks they would fill the staduim with fans give them a bunch of beers so they get all fiesty and then just call it a tie and see what would happen.
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Except for the "tie" thing - google Bucky Dent if you don't understand - that's pretty much what happens every series, Fenway or the Bronx.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #24
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Nice troll
Old 07-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #25
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Nice troll
Hey, some of my best friends are trolls - and a few are Sox fans too.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #27
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Which was my point, George - why let ancient history get you all bent outta shape? It is our mutual history, Yanks and Sox, and should be celebrated, not a bone on contention. Baseball is a pastime, and needs to be viewed as that, no more.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Can we send this guy back and Legend???
my apologies, I was in the car when I posted that.

It should have been: "Can we send this guy back for Legend???"

Quote:
And I would reply to Moe's post too, but I don't speak fragmented gibberish.
Lemme decipher that for you Tom:

Legend was the biggest asshat Cigar Asylum ever saw... UNTIL June 5, 2009.

I could care less about Dent, Boone or whatever other ass-clown you yankee fans drag up every time you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.

I do find it hilarious that the yankee fan's greatest hero is now making appearances at Home Depots in New Jersey... awesome

Out of respect for the MODs I wont tell you how I really feel about you.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Babe Ruth? Lou Gehrig? Joe DiMaggio, Dom's better brother? Yogi Berra? Mickey Mantle? Donnie Baseball? Or Jeter and Mo? Ever heard of these guys? Bucky Dent is NOT a Yankee's fan greatest hero - he's just the guy you hate the most - beside me, it appears.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #30
joed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
I love it when my Yankee buddies have to refer back to ancient history.....this century has been a disaster for their dear Yanks......
even monkeys fall out of trees once in a while. It's a fact of nature. Now - if the red sox can keep it up for 10 or 12 centuries - they will have accumulated a comparable amount of titles and then we have something to talk about.

it's a great rivalry between the two teams - and fun to watch - the sox have kicked ass this year - and unless the yanks can beat this team in a heads up series, it doesn't matter which is first and which is the wild card.

neither are going to beat joe torre and the dodgers this year!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #31
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
you're depressed about not winning a world series in this century.
2000 WS doesn't count?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
gnukfu
I like cigars

LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
2000 WS doesn't count?
That's last century - 2001 starts this century's World Series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #33
cort
◤◢◣◥

Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #34
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

i was in baltimore last summer watching an O's/ Red Sox game and this guy sitting in front of me was wearing a Yankee shirt and was attempting to talk sh*t to all the Red Sox and O's fans surrounding him. I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #35
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
I have no problem with a yankee fan enjoying a game but when you show up wearing gear from a team not even playing and start running your mouth thats when I have an issue.
I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
gnukfu
I like cigars

LGC

Quote:
I could not agree more, the guy was a jerk, and if the Os and Sox fans had dragged him under the stands and beat the $#!+ outta him, then my feeling would be he asked for it. Let's face it - there are fans, and there are @$$holes. Despite what some think here, I am a fan - can all of them here say the same?

Not me! I'm one of those fair weather fans. Only been going to Fenway since 1964! ...my parents could afford to bring the whole family for a weekend series which included a doubleheader and we stayed in the Fenway Motel.....box seats every year.....I was so spoiled and didn't realize it at the time....

Old 07-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #37
cort
◤◢◣◥

Go Angels
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #38
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Summer is here and Yankees and Sox fans are at each others' throats. Ain't it grand. One thing I do thank the Yankees for: rooting for the Sox would not be as much fun if we did not get to [FONT=Verdana]simultaneously root against the Evil Empire, Bucky freakin' Dent...aaarrrggghh![/FONT]

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #39
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Back-to-back Garys, hunh? Well, imprimis for Cort, your pitching was lousy this weekend - but mine sucked big time. As for VT, secundus, yes that's a good part of my whole point here - if nobody cared, it would be no fun. However, it should be seen as that - fun - and not a matter of life and death. It's just a freakin' game, boys.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #40
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
The Yankee fans are probably the second worst that I have seen, close behind Philadelphia fans in general..... I do appologize to any Yankme fan who is not an a**hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Even Philly fans behaved better than the Sox when they won last year
Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
By the way, the Phillies fans were still in shock. First time that a Philadelphia fan has ever behaved.
Don't know what prompted me to click on this thread, but don't all of you ***holes (tongue in cheek) drag the reigning World Series Champions fans into your (it's getting old) tiff!

Generalizations suck, but it's part of what makes sports fun. Now all of you Yankme and BlowSox fans have a nice night and we'll see one of you in October!

Now where's my damn apology?
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote