Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #41
Taboo Cigars
www.TabooCigars.com

Trading: (9)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Taboo Cigars has a spectacular aura aboutTaboo Cigars has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Thoughts on Taboo Cigars?

Hello Inmates!

This should help............

Taboo News/Update:

Due to consistency issues we have dropped a few blends to make room for new ones. We have discontinued all the LR's mainly because they are "Limited Reserves" and we never intended to make them forever. We are going to the Dominican next week to work on new blends. Some of you may be asked to sample new blends in the next few months. The LR Havana Robusto was a top seller, but unfortunately it's time to make some new LR blends. (new year) We are also working on new bends in Costa Rica, Hon and Nic.

The Special Forces was not up to par, so we sent them back to the factory. We will no longer have this blend. The blend was mild with a brown wrapper and not what it originally was. I'm still pissed about this blend, so let's move on. lol

The Taboo Costa Rica Maduro is more flavorful than ever now. It is still mild-med bodied. (finishes med) If you have not tried this blend since DEC 2009, it's worth trying again. Very consistent.

The Twist 6x58 remains our #1 seller out of all the brands we sell. The only problem is we can't keep them in stock. We expect more in March.Very consistent but the different sizes have more or less flavor depending on the rg.

The HSG Churchill is also a top seller. We plan to continue this blend but do away with the bottom two sizes. This is a great cigar under $5 (under $4 on sale) Very consistent but the different sizes have slightly more or less flavor depending on the rg.

I personally don't like cameroon or corojo(new Taboo) but they seem to be doing well. Very consistent.

The Ecuador Connecticut remains a top seller. Very consistent.

The Taboo Value blend is a huge seller....This cigar will be here forever.

The Exotic Original does well when we have them. You'd be shocked if you know who made them. Very consistent.

The Exotic Blend II mad I don't care for but does ok. We are thinking of dropping this one.

If anyone is ever not satisfied with our products or service, we will exchange anything plus bonus you for your time. Customer service is our #1 goal. We appreciate all of you. Let us know if you have any issues with any order from us.

Thanks for all the kind words about us. We work very hard to make everyone happy.
Have a great week and thank you for your business!
Rob
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #42
njstone

Default Re: Thoughts on Taboo Cigars?

All the Taboo house-blend cigars I've had I've enjoyed and thought were well worth the coin (though I got them on sale). As a store, I LOVE ordering from Taboo. They are friendly, helpful, and always willing to work with me or solve problems.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #43
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna miss those Special Forces.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #44
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Probably my favorite from them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #45
Taboo Cigars
www.TabooCigars.com

Taboo Cigars has a spectacular aura aboutTaboo Cigars has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
me too! This blend has been my biggest headache since day one. I plan to come up with something better in the near future.
Sorry
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #46
njstone

Quote:
I got a full bundle of Boot Camp torpedoes before they were gone
Old 02-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #47
Taboo Cigars
www.TabooCigars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstone View Post
I got a full bundle of Boot Camp torpedoes before they were gone
We have singles left for $1 if anyone wants what is left. call us.
CA MEMBERS ONLY
Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #48
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road

Hey Taboo (Patrick, if that is you), I ordered on Sunday, we spoke over the phone about shipping to Montreal. I'll let everyone know how everything goes, and Thanks!
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #49
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo Cigars View Post
me too! This blend has been my biggest headache since day one. I plan to come up with something better in the near future.
Sorry
When they were on, you couldn't buy a better cigar. My last batch sucked, but the one before was incredible. I somehow mixed them up, now it's hit and miss.
If they screw up the Twist, I think it's time to thump some heads, Rob-bo.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #50
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road

I just received them in the mail today with no hassle or duty fees. They looks very nice and smell good. Will be writing a review once I smoke them.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #51
cigarlvr
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (11)
cigarlvr is on a distinguished road

The LR Havana robustos that I picked up were very tasty. They are even better now that they have had a little time in the humidor. To bad they are gone
cigarlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #52
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

It's awesome when you specifically tell them to change the address on file so they don't go to your ex-wife who is not a fan of cigar purchases but they ship to her anyway.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #53
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

The Twist Robusto are some of my favorite cigars. Smoking one right now.

Last edited by acruce; 02-12-2010 at 02:53 PM.
acruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #54
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
It's awesome when you specifically tell them to change the address on file so they don't go to your ex-wife who is not a fan of cigar purchases but they ship to her anyway.
Had my ex-wife taken out in the desert and set on fire.
That prevents future problems.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #55
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper View Post
Had my ex-wife taken out in the desert and set on fire.
That prevents future problems.
That'd just make my ex-wife meaner, Bart.