Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #561
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
What a collapse at an EPIC level. Three straight TD drives, that 2 point conversion, the inability to hold onto an onsides kick.... I'm in shock.... In the words of Jack Buck.... " I can't believe what I just saw!"
Wow! Total collapse.

Couldn't punch it in on a couple of Seahawk turnovers early in the game for 6.

Jordy Nelson losing a pass in the end zone.

#42 Burnett for GB catches a tipped pass for an INT, but only runs a short ways, and then goes for the slide? I don't understand that. Are you not suppose to gain as many yards as possible on an INT?

#86 Bostick jumping up to attempt to catch the onside kick, and for some reason, lets the ball hit him in the helmet? Was he afraid of getting injured if he catched it?

I guess that's my only gripes. It was a great game up until the end and for some reason, the pressure was taken off the Seahawks.

Congratulations to the Seahawks and their fans. You deserve going to Phoenix
Old 01-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #562
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thoroughly disgusted with Green Bay.
5 field goals. Couldn't take advantage of 4 Wilson picks. Lose in overtime.
They just played uninspired football on offense. The D was monster until they got gassed, and that sure wasn't their fault. They gave the offense the ball more than often enough to keep them fresh.

Oh well. It'd be nice to see Russ Wilson get another ring. He's a good kid.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #563
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post

Oh well. It'd be nice to see Russ Wilson get another ring. He's a good kid.
Agreed he appears to be a good cat.... Though I'll say it, the "God is great" and he looked out for them bla...bla....bla is a super turn off for me. I'm not a religious man, but I'm confident that his God could not care less about the Seahawks vs Packers and their respective players.

Though not looking good, would just as soon see Andrew Luck win a ring. Guess Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin winning another would not be bad. It will be tough for me to hope either the Seahawks or Patriots win another Super Bowl.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #564
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
For as good as they played the first 54 minutes, they took the last 6 minutes off. Congrats to Seattle.
Where was the Packer offense for the first half? Yes, that is what I said! They were DEEP in the red zone 3 times and came away with 9 points total for them. It should have been 28-0 at the end of the first half. If it had been that, this would have been a different game in the 2nd half.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #565
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

They lost that game in the first half, the offense simply did not lose the deal. The defense was stellar until the last few minutes.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:09 PM   #566
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
They lost that game in the first half, the offense simply did not seal the deal. The defense was stellar until the last few minutes.
If any ONE of the field goals had been a touchdown it would have been a different game.

Can you imagine how different the game would have been if all those would have been touchdowns? I do not know what the final score would have been, but that would have been a different game.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #567
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #568
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I must say that I like Russell Wilson, and think he would have more class than to say such a thing. He's a good man. I have much respect for him and his abilities. He also has my respect for his philanthropic work, visiting sick children is wonderful work.

Besides, he's a University of Wisconsin grad.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #569
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I must say that I like Russell Wilson, and think he would have more class than to say such a thing. He's a good man. I have much respect for him and his abilities. He also has my respect for his philanthropic work, visiting sick children is wonderful work.

And an NCSU student!!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #570
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Not to mention two Superbowl appearances during the length of his rookie contract. Very talented IMHO.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #571
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation

McCarthy's younger brother, Joe, dies Wednesday at age 47

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/289371661.html

This kind of puts things into perspective.
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #572
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful news, Larry.
Prayers to the McCarthy family. They have to be stunned sick.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #573
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

AJ Hawk was cut by the Packers yesterday.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #574
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

I was a big Hawk fan. Great guy, no question. Not entirely fair, but I always felt just a little disappointed in his play. He was solid, when I wanted spectacular, I guess. Seems his name was never called on a tackle for a loss. Schemes weren't meant for him to be that penetrating LB that I wanted him to be. I do wish him the best and believe he's got a couple more good years in him....hopefully somewhere other than NFC North.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #575
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I was a big Hawk fan. He was solid, when I wanted spectacular.
Solid is the word. His name wasn't called too often on the big plays, but it also wasn't called on the stupid penalties. He's like the solid offensive line guy who's name never gets called. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Nice guy and a fan favorite when it came to interacting with the fans. My son was into painting and sketching the Packers players when he first came to GB. I actually have an original canvas he did of AJ that he was kind enough to autograph. My son also did some pencil sketches that AJ proudly displays in his mancave.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #576
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was a big Hawk fan. Great guy, no question. Not entirely fair, but I always felt just a little disappointed in his play. He was solid, when I wanted spectacular, I guess. Seems his name was never called on a tackle for a loss.
That's because his football IQ was severely lacking, something which was supposed to be one of his strong suits coming out of tOSU. If a tackle was needed eight yards past the line of scrimmage, Hawk was your guy.

Quote:
I do wish him the best and believe he's got a couple more good years in him....hopefully somewhere other than NFC North.
He wasn't even starting for a team that starved for inside linebacker play and had no depth to provide it. I pray he lands on the Vikings squad, where it seems old Packers go to pasture.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #577
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Packers re-sign both Cobb and Bulaga. Happy to see them both return.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #578
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Packers re-sign both Cobb and Bulaga. Happy to see them both return.
Ditto!
Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #579
dave
Have My Own Room

Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Love to have Cobb back, but I'm a bit surprised the Pack swallowed that bill. BTW, how much did he leave on the table? Haven't heard what other offers he had.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:09 AM   #580
dave
Have My Own Room

Partagas Navy (Retired)

For no rational reason, I'm excessively saddened that Abbrederis suffered another concussion yesterday. I know that he may never even start, but I really want for him to be successful in GB and this news just sort of distresses me a little more than it should.