Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
When Fleury is on he is money. Problem as of late from what I watched he has been allowing soft goals. I think Johnson played in the season finale this past Saturday. I certainly hope he steps up his game because when he is on and the offense is clicking the Pens are a hard team to contend with.

Should be a great series!
Johnson came in in a planned relief stint midway through the game to give Fleury a rest and get some ice time for Brent. He promptly gave up the tying goal, as Fleury left with a 2-1 lead.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #1142
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Rumor has it Stuart is looking to come home to San Jose to be with the wife and kids. Definetly wants to come to the west. Not going to be good if the Wings see stuart and the old man leave the blue line. Well it will be good for me.
I've heard the same thing. To be honest the Wings have some good young D-men coming up. Quincy was a good pickup but if Stewy leaves they'll need another top 4 D-man to replace him. If Lidstrom retires they'll need two. IMO Lidstrom will be back for one more year unless the Wings hoist the cup this year. Hopefully the Stuart situation will be resolved so we only need to replace on top 4 D-man at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Anybody catch John Tortorella's postgame interview after the Penguins game (5 minute major on Orpik for knee on knee)? Looked like he stuck is knee out to me...

Link to Penalty.

Link to Postgame Interview.

Glad it was another team's coach saying it.
I agree, looked intentional on replay. Live, not so much, but in the replay you can see him change the angle of his leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #1143
44stampede
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
44stampede will become famous soon enough

Holy horse shoe up the a$% for Edmonton. 3 in a row!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #1144
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post
If they can get some veteran D-man help and a good goalie, they should be in the mix soon.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #1145
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post
Yeah wow rolls eyes. Guess they will just keep getting number one picks. There should be a limit it seems.

Geeked for the start tonight. I think the two nasty first round series are going to be pens philly and kings canucks. Pens Philly is getting the pub for the potential, but I think Kings Canucks could be much worse.

Kings a dirty team and the canucks have been known to bite, pull hair, (cant pass the oportunity to mention) dive, and love to do $hit after the whistle. I think this series could get very nasty. The Kings have no problem boarding star players. In fact I will be shocked if they dont board a canuck in this series given their recent play. Hopefully the sisters have learned dont turn into the boards when they see someone coming like in the past. I think the Canucks take the series but not without some injuries.

A lot of people saying Hawks over Yotes and I think they have the skill advantage if everyone shows up. Problem is solving Smith.

Preds I think can take the wings. I give them the goalie andvantage. Both teams are skillbut the preds speed I say wins.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #1146
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Looking at this first round I have no ability to pick teams without prejudice. So I'm making no picks other than the Wings in 6 and Jimmy Howard stands on his head

Oh and the Caps in 7 because that is my playoff team in that fantasy hockey playoff pool. Holtby for Conn Smythe trophy (for as long as the Wings win the cup though )
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #1147
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah wow rolls eyes. Guess they will just keep getting number one picks. There should be a limit it seems.
Pretty sure there is, I seem to recall reading no team can select 1st in 4 consecutive drafts but I can't find that reference so I might be imagining it.

Quote:
I think the two nasty first round series are going to be pens philly and kings canucks. Pens Philly is getting the pub for the potential, but I think Kings Canucks could be much worse.
I don't really see Vancouver-LA becoming a dirty series with lots of injuries. I think both teams are smart enough to realize that either of their potential opponents in the 2nd round are going to be very tough teams to face and I think you'll see that prevent a lot of stupidity for fear of injury hurting you in the future. I'm expecting to see a pretty boring and very defensive series.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #1148
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Funny, everyone on NHL on XM is picking the Yotes. I don't see it.

Everyone there (14 of 16) is picking Nashville over Detroit. I think the Wings will be in it, and I pick them to win it.

Sharks-Blues could be the big upset. Elliott is day-to-day, I am not sold on Halak, and the Sharks have been to the dance before.

I pick the Canucks to beat Quick and LA, but would love to be wrong.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #1149
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Funny, everyone on NHL on XM is picking the Yotes. I don't see it.

Everyone there (14 of 16) is picking Nashville over Detroit. I think the Wings will be in it, and I pick them to win it.

Sharks-Blues could be the big upset. Elliott is day-to-day, I am not sold on Halak, and the Sharks have been to the dance before.

I pick the Canucks to beat Quick and LA, but would love to be wrong.
I can see why a lot would pick the Yotes Tom. The goalie is red red hot. They have balanced scoring. As I said earlier they have the goalie advantage. If he steals a game or two then thats likely the series. I want the Hawks though so I cant pick against them.

As for Wings Preds they are really deep with recent moves and they have the goalie advantage. I think Peca steals a couple games and the series.

The Sharks Blues is tough if they can split the first two the blues youth and inexperience I think creeps in and sticks get gripped. As a whole though I just dont see the Sharks getting it done. While I know they stepped up at the end of the season when they had two, I just have seen them go ice cold to often this year.

Geoff I really think you are hoping it doesnt get nasty, but I am hoping it does and can see it. You have to look at both teams recent history. I cant see it not happening looking at last years playoffs and this season.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #1150
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Berry Effing Melrose just predicted my Canucks will get beat by LA, suck it BM!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #1151
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

No quit in the Flyers tonight. Gotta love playoff hockey!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #1152
dubnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
No quit in the Flyers tonight. Gotta love playoff hockey!
Truer words have never been spoken! GO FLYERS!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #1153
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Wow... I am spent and it's only game 1.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #1154
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Great Pens-Flyers game, a lot of character shown by Philly.

Two lucky goals by the Preds to beat the Wings 3-2, I am still not convinced.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #1155
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Pathetic showing by the Canucks as a team, but at least Luongo was brilliant. Kings definitely deserved that win, played like they wanted it much more. Hopefully the league has a chat with the ref's about making calls when they're out of position, 2 very blatant errors tonite between the Briere offside and Kesler hand pass.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #1156
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

That Briere offsides was brutal.

The Dustins (Penner and Brown) are my heroes of the day.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #1157
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Bitz gets a game I think. Replay shows targeted head with elbow.
Was a chippy game. I expect more in game two.

That offsides call was bad in the philly game.

I agree Preds goals two were odd, but the Preds speed created the first odd goal. Won the race and got the lucky redirect. Did not like Weber slamming Zs head into the glass at end of game. Wonder if anything will come out of that.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #1158
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
Ya, there was no question about that call. The Kesler hand pass was kind of understandable but having two badly missed calls on the first night of the playoffs should be enough for the league to have a quiet word with all the officials.

Quote:
The Dustins (Penner and Brown) are my heroes of the day.
Carter's soccer redirection to Penner was unreal.

Bitz should get a game for that hit, but he may get away with time served given that the LA player was so low Bitz would have had to lift his elbow to avoid him.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #1159
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
That was a bad call, no doubt.

Another non-call in that game that I didn't hear a very good explanation of was why the icing was waved off that ultimately led to the Pens third goal. My market had our local announcers (NBC Sports was blacked out). Did the NBC guys explain what happened with that?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #1160
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
Berry Effing Melrose just predicted my Canucks will get beat by LA, suck it BM!
He's pridicted the Wings would lose all 4 cup finals they've won recently: 97, 98, 2002, 2008. Wings won those series': 4-0, 4-0, 4-1, and 4-2 respectively. He's a DB. No offense Tom.