Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #821
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

We don't have a ton of Spring/Summer action going on, but my kid just finished camp in Buffalo this week, we were able to make it up there in time on the last day to see the final game. He got to play center for most of it, which he loves. I always try to get the timing just right on the shots of the faceoffs, and this one worked out pretty well. The poor kid in yellow is kinda looking like "Where did the puck go!?!?!?!?!"

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #822
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
We don't have a ton of Spring/Summer action going on, but my kid just finished camp in Buffalo this week, we were able to make it up there in time on the last day to see the final game. He got to play center for most of it, which he loves. I always try to get the timing just right on the shots of the faceoffs, and this one worked out pretty well. The poor kid in yellow is kinda looking like "Where did the puck go!?!?!?!?!"

Nice shot, Scott....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #823
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Serves that kid right for rocking black holders. Jk

Little man went from raping inhouse last night to being 3rd line on his summer travel team tonight. He literally got yelled at inhouse last night for not passing and going end to end. They started notkind counting his goals unless he passed. Guess thats life hes the youngest kid on thethe travel team and plays hesitant at times. Something his coach says will change by mid season next year. I poked at the coach saying he doesnt want him yelling at him again.

In other words hes already on the team if he wants it. He nd his buddy are both in. Thats nice as its what they wanted. The team isI going toto be so stacked. His buddys dad got confirmation the two boys will make the inline team I mentioned earlier also.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #824
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Serves that kid right for rocking black holders. Jk

Might be how they do things in Norway or where ever he was from. My kid introduced me to him and another boy, saying "They're Icelandic!" So I don't know exactly which country, his name was Olafsson. There were several boys from Russia as well, and a ton of Canadians at that camp.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #825
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Testing out the hand....

Not sure how well that worked out....?

Gimme that puck....

Old 07-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #826
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

What was the surgery for?

Old 07-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #827
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
What was the surgery for?
Trigger finger.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #828
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Not common to have it this young, or apparently on the pinky/ring as opposed to the thumb, index....???

It was both his pinky and ring and he couldn't pull them to a fist, if it finally happened, they locked in tight and it hurt like Hell. He'd have to pull them out/open with this other hand....

Pic is from Thursday I believe.... Stitches come out a week from this coming Tuesday.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #829
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Yuk. Hope hes overit asap.

Other night they cancelled summer practice. For some reason we didnt get email. End result Micah and his buddy got 2 hours of ice just them.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #830
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Uuuuugh kid only had hockey on Tuesday this week. Now Saturday and hes like a caged animal. Hes driving us crazy!!!!!!!!! We havent gone in the pool as I have been working extea shifts this week. Going swimming in a bit, hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #831
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Well, JB just got his first real job..... A job he had to apply for, a schedule, paycheck ect... Not just going to mow grandma's lawn or do this for a few $$$.... He's going to be working at our home ice rink.... Pretty sweet, free drop in....

I have this weird feeling....wow....my kid has a job.... Phuck, I'm getting old...
Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #832
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

All you had to do was look in the mirror to tell you were getting old. Whisker Biscuit.

The boy has been after us for about a year to have a guitar. Looks like we are going to break down and buy one. Can't imagine this kids life in high school if he keeps with hockey, keeps the looks, and plays guitar.

Tryouts next weekend. Actually giving him a lot of down time this week. He doesn't like it. Doing a pretryout clinic Mon Tues Wed next week.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #833
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
All you had to do was look in the mirror to tell you were getting old. Whisker Biscuit.

The boy has been after us for about a year to have a guitar. Looks like we are going to break down and buy one. Can't imagine this kids life in high school if he keeps with hockey, keeps the looks, and plays guitar.

Tryouts next weekend. Actually giving him a lot of down time this week. He doesn't like it. Doing a pretryout clinic Mon Tues Wed next week.

I can't wait until Micah has his band playing in your garage at 2:00 AM on a Tuesday night....
Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #834
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I can't wait until Micah has his band playing in your garage at 2:00 AM on a Tuesday night....
I carry a gun for a living. Someone would get a very close look at a few of my guns if that ever happened. .

There is a house a few streets down that has a kid with drums. I can't describe the noise not music I have heard emanate from that garage. We are likely going to buy both electric and accoustic. The advantage of electric is that rocksmith game u can run through pc .which we have one hooked up to tv in living room.

Hey on that note. Looking at getting http://quickstickz.com/ for Christmas. Anybody played with it?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #835
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Just finished up the Summer 3-3 season for the Little One. The guy that was coaching them at the end had some really kind words for me. Hearing glowing remarks re: your kids never gets old....

The Little Man hasn't had a game in forever, but they take the ice again this Wednesday. He's also doing Sunday ice sessions and I signed him up for a camp that he did last year, again this year(it's this week). It is cheap and looks like Trevor Lewis is going to show up, so what the Hell....
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #836
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Just finished camp, when to watch the scrimmage and they were already done. LM had fun, got to meet Trevor Lewis, snapped a Warrior Widow....
Old 07-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #837
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

First day of tryouts tonight.
He should make the team, the coach let him play and practice with the team all summer for almost nothing and already said he would make it. Time will tell if he was honest or not. We brought in 4 other kids with travel experience who he liked. 2 were second years so it will be interesting to see if he takes them over my son and his buddy.

They did a pre tryout clinic this week. Was funny to watch all the parents stressing and kissing the coaches ass after each session. Funny part was the guy running it was not the coach of team. Will try to take a photo or two. Tryouts are 3 days in a row.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #838
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
First day of tryouts tonight.
He should make the team, the coach let him play and practice with the team all summer for almost nothing and already said he would make it. Time will tell if he was honest or not. We brought in 4 other kids with travel experience who he liked. 2 were second years so it will be interesting to see if he takes them over my son and his buddy.

They did a pre tryout clinic this week. Was funny to watch all the parents stressing and kissing the coaches ass after each session. Funny part was the guy running it was not the coach of team. Will try to take a photo or two. Tryouts are 3 days in a row.
Nice, good luck to Micah, I am sure he will wow them!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #839
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

We will see.
TBH it would be easier on us if he didn't make it. Less travel, less money. He's supposed to play for that travel roller team with his buddy who's doing this tryout with him. My wife isn't to excited about travel roller. She doesn't see the point and I am kind of with her. He also wants to play inhouse with his other buddy and for his dad who has coached him the past 3 years. It's the last year they can play together before it becomes alternating years.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #840
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

So how'd it end up, Mike?

The Little Man got banged up in a checking clinic that he went to last Sunday. Finally went to the doctor yesterday, rotator cuff.... Doc said he can play(he missed another game on Wednesday) tonight....though we will see how it goes. Has not been a banner High School Summer League, more losses than I expected and the LM has been banged up with his hand and shoulder.

On the positive side, looks like the HS team is going to poach a goalie from another HS team. He is a friend of Jackson's and says he is going to transfer. He went to Jr. High locally, but moved HS's....not sure if that was related to moving in with another parent or what? He's played the past 2 Summer League games with us(1-1).

Think Jr. Grizzlies will start training camp late August.