Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default My apologies

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I would like to apologize for my absence and for messing up a few other situations where someone was PMing me and such.

My normal week of Thanksgiving is different as it is the wee of the Wisconsin gun deer hunt. I "usually" go up north Thursday night preceding the opening Saturday (leaving home about 9:00pm), doing some stuff up there on Friday, hunting opening day, and then driving home for Sunday morning services. Then, my sons and I drive up after Thanksgiving Dinner, hunt for through the weekend (I take that Sunday off and worship up north), coming home Monday night.

Well, up north there is no internet, so I'd normally be away from CA during those days.

This year I didn't get up north till Friday because of some things. Then came home early on Saturday to cover a pastoral emergency. Had a death on Tuesday that became a funeral on Friday after Thanksgiving.

So, due to the confusion of my life, I was on the internet a limited amount of time, and when I have been on the internet, I did not visit CA... (I can get lost here and spend more time here than I should)

So, I apologize to those whose plans I messed up.
I apologize to those to whom I did not respond in a timely manner.
I apologize if I missed something.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: My apologies

I say no apology needed. We all know life happens and many times it happens in the wrong direction. So I say remain ever vigilant to meet and overcome the challenge set before you and be thankful you are the one entrusted to beat those challenges.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone get a deer, Todd?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
MMMMMmmmmm... backstraps

I know the question wasn't directed at me. But some friends filled their tags, and that is my favorite part.

Good to see you back, Rev.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Did anyone SEE a deer. Not up north. Deep snow last summer and wolves have really reduced the deer herd up north.

I am going to try my hand with the traditional muzzle loader, if I can get out on some local property. The deer population in the "farmland" area is a bit more hopeful than up north.

It was great to get up there with the boys though, and that is all that really matters.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I could NOT even imagine what it must be like to be a pastor. I struggle being a layman.

May God continue to give you strength and guidance, Todd. Don't lessen my problems, just give me a stronger back.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Rev. there are a lot of deer in the woods around the sem. If you have a bow you might could get away with it over symposia.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Did anyone SEE a deer. Not up north. Deep snow last summer and wolves have really reduced the deer herd up north.

I am going to try my hand with the traditional muzzle loader, if I can get out on some local property. The deer population in the "farmland" area is a bit more hopeful than up north.

It was great to get up there with the boys though, and that is all that really matters.
I too will be out for black powder and late bow season.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
Rev. there are a lot of deer in the woods around the sem. If you have a bow you might could get away with it over symposia.
Ummm, I do not think so. Although, it is very tempting. Just like it was tempting when I was a student.

Will you be at Symposia?

Funny true story about wildlife on campus...

A few guys were walking one day and the ended up walking among the geese. He said, "I bet I could grab one by the neck." He reached out quick and got one, but the goose didn't like that and started to flap frantically. He quickly grabbed the neck with his other hand and did a quick twist, broke the neck, thereby killing it. Now, what to do with it?

A prof ran out of his house and hollered at them, and did a slow jog toward them. They thought about running away, but figured the gig was up. The prof got there and said, "You know, I've always wondered if you could grab one of them but never had the guts to try. Just happened to be looking out the window and saw it all. So, what are you going to do with it?"

The guy held it out to him and said, "you want it?" The prof did a quick owl like swivel of his neck, grabbed the goose, stuck it under his robe, and jogged back to his house.

The guys all got invited over to his house for a goose dinner and were sworn to secrecy.

As I am telling you this story, you know that somewhere, the secret got released.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Hahaha that's is great. I have heard a lot of different stories about those geese. I have also seen a few deer on campus some descent Bucks even. If you talk to Prof. Pulse he might join you. Yes I will be on campus for symposia with my supervisor. I hope we will be able to get together for a smoke.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
Old 12-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

This is the land of Canada Geese. They're EVERYWHERE. I never cease to be amazed.
Todd, you could toatlly switch from speed beef to Canadian Turkey and keep the freezer full all year round.
I'm not so sure you'd be able to choke them out, but I bet you'd get really good with the .22 lr and your scope.
You get extra green stamp points for head shots, and you'd have enough points to get the microwave oven in no time.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #12
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Michael & Scott, you guys are pushing for a special news bulletin entitled, "Poaching Preacher Pinched!"?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I don't think you can illegally shoot a goose around here. I don't think there's any laws.
They're kinda like mice or rats, just far more plentiful.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
I don't think you can illegally shoot a goose around here. I don't think there's any laws.
They're kinda like mice or rats, just far more plentiful.
I am not sure about there, but I know in Wisconsin we have to get a Federal waterfowl stamp to shoot them.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I could be wrong, Todd.
But I'm 100% sure it's perfectly fine to run over a whole gaggle with your car.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Quote:
I could be wrong, Todd.
But I'm 100% sure it's perfectly fine to run over a whole gaggle with your car.