Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
Trading: (0)
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation
Default Thoughts on cigars.

Cigars are tasty. Blending is a mystery to me and something I want to figure out. How can someone put a bunch of random leaves together and make the cigar taste totally different than the next guy putting a bunch of random leaves together? In fact, how can they do that with Puros mind you?

Speaking of puros, as a general rule, they are almost always my favorite. Domincans third on the list, then nics, and well, an island south of miami is usually first.

In my humble opinion, the smaller sizes are always the best. I like the draw a little bit on the tighter side of things. Typically, cigars with smaller rg's give me less burn problems as well. I'm probably 38-44 rg for life.

Speaking of burn problems, it's always fun to watch a cigar correct itself.

In my opinion, cigar smoking is always best with friends. I've enjoyed some fine cigars by myself, but the cigars that have most wowed me have almost always been in the company of others.

Give me a full flavored medium bodied cigar over a "harsh" full bodied cigar any day.

Why do rolled up dried plants taste so good? Of course, this isn't always the rule. I've had some cigars that taste terrible.

I find it interesting that we tend to pick up different nuances when we smoke. Why do I taste coffee, dirt, chocolate, cinnamon, black pepper, butter-cream, saltiness and the like from a burning dead plant? I'm not sure, but I'm sure glad I do.

I used to think "the best cigar is the one I'm smoking now"
But then, a bunch of folks around these parts gave me a bunch of cool cigars to smoke and now I generally think "the best cigar were the one's I was smoking then." Seriously. Habanos are stinkin' good.

I do wish sometimes that AF curly head deluxe's were all I was still acquainted with. It'd be a lot easier on my wallet that way. But my gosh, that MC #2 dunhill selection at the PPP I tried sure was amazing. I'm glad I got to experience that and countless other drop your draw smokes.

When I think of cigars, it doesn't take me long to start thinking about the folks here at CA and relationships I've made over the years. I long to meet some of the folks here more than I'll ever long for that next euphoric cigar experience.

Speaking of euphoric cigar experiences, my first was with a Bolivar Royal Corona. Absolutely delicious.

The last euphoric cigar experience I had was from a Tat lancero of sorts that I wrote a review on. Best NC that I've maybe EVER smoked. I enjoyed it that much.

Somewhere in between the experiences, I tumbled down the slope, crawled my way back up, only to fall back down again.

Overall, Cigars are really good.
I came back to CA for the people...