Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #61
Stinky
Join CigarRights.org NOW!

First Name: Stinky
Trading: (1)
Punch
Stinky will become famous soon enoughStinky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it me?

I like all cigars. UnderCrown is pretty good. IMHO. Just smoked an Alex Bradley-Black Market. Really good. Last night, I smoked an old (well aged) Pinar 3000. OUTSTANDING! But, they don't make it any more. Maybe the age? It was smooth and very complex flavors. Liga 9 is a very interesting cigar to me.

This is all about the fun with trying the different cigars introduced for our enjoyment. Some meet our expectations. Some don't. Enjoy the ride!

Promoting the Enjoyment of Fine Cigars!
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #62
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
That is crazy Todd...I am just the opposite. I love those strong peppery/spicy sticks, yet, cannot stand to have food with table pepper.
I love my pepper. And when it is incredibly spice, I can still make out subtle nuances of flavor. I don't like heat just for the sake of heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
And I think that makes you different than a good number of cigar smokers. Some people like strong spicy cigars for the simple sake that they are strong and spicy. (And one-dimensional).

I don't mind a one-dimensional cigar, as long as it is a dimension I enjoy -AND- I don't have to enjoy it for an hour and a half. A good one-dimension in a petite corona can be an incredible smoke.

I'm sure there are correlations to what our food preferences are to what our cigar/alcohol preferences are.

Here's one question for you: have you ever had food that may have been very spicy/hot but didn't care for it because of the flavor? I would venture to say you have.
I am sure that I have, though at the present I cannot think of one (later thought, fried spicy bananas in LA). One of my favorite simple snacks is Colby cheese melted on tortilla chips, and each chip gets a Jalapeno slice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Rev, I for one love spicy foods. So if you are taking notes, I also enjoy a full bodied spicy cigar with a single malt scotch (neat).
I like some full-bodied spicy cigars, but I want something more than just the one-dimensional stong/spice. It needs to develop and have some complexity.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #63
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Rev, I for one love spicy foods. So if you are taking notes, I also enjoy a full bodied spicy cigar with a single malt scotch (neat).
I can't drink neat scotch with a cigar anymore. It seems to drown out the tastes of the cigar I'm smoking.