Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
coastietech

Default Help talk me out of this...

I'm thinking about going back to college to get a degree... I am currently an electronics tech with a little over 5 years of RF background, working as an avionics tech.

I hate being a bench tech, it's not something I like to do and I dread going to work every morning. I liked being a field tech but here in FL there is such a saturation of techs that we don't get paid what we could elsewhere in the country. Moving is not an option at this time.

So I was thinking about using my GI Bill to go back to school full time. I went to a local community college to look at the degree offerings and nothing really struck my interest. I don't really know if I want to pursue a degree in electronics. I have always had an interest in criminology, laws and politics so I have been giving some serious thought to going and getting either a criminal justice or a pre-law degree and maybe pursuing a law degree...

So how crazy is this idea, considering I am 26 and have three kids between the ages of 2-4? I would love to hear from people who are currently doing it. How do you balance everything?