Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Xikar repair question

oddly enough, as i was reading this thread on my porch smoking, Mr mailman came and brought me a box.. Mind you, i shipped these out on the 19th, and they arrived on the 22nd.. and they are back already!!
not only did they replace the lighter completely, but they replaced both cutter with brand new units (instead of sharpening)

NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I spoke a day too soon as well. My lighter went out a total of 8 days ago and came home to see a brand new replacement lighter. Nice job Xikar.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I spoke a day too soon as well. My lighter went out a total of 8 days ago and came home to see a brand new replacement lighter. Nice job Xikar.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Have 6 Xikar Lighters & Only Had A Problem With One. Sent It Back & Received A Brand New One In Less Than 10 Days. Great Customer Service, IMO!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #25
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
No idea what happened to the thumbs up emoticon.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
No idea what happened to the thumbs up emoticon.
They Disappear Sometimes.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Davidnft

I have had great service with my Xikar lighters and cutters. If it goes over 2 weeks I would have an issue but so far so good.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
Louistogies
Area Fumado

First Name: Louis
Trading: (26)
Louistogies is on a distinguished road

I have a Xikar carbon fiber envoy case that has a very strong smell and that starting to tear a little bit. I've only used it a handful of times. I'm hoping they will replace it with a new one.
Louistogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
XikarAddict

XIKAR doesn't send notifications for the returns they receive. However, if you email info@xikar.com or call 866-676-7380, you'll get a quick reply of the status of your return. They don't keep returns in-house for longer than 3-5 business days.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XikarAddict View Post
XIKAR doesn't send notifications for the returns they receive. However, if you email info@xikar.com or call 866-676-7380, you'll get a quick reply of the status of your return. They don't keep returns in-house for longer than 3-5 business days.
Thanks for the info. I was mainly curious what others have experienced in the past as I had never sent anything in.

As a whole, I received a new replacement and the turnaround time was a total of 8 days from the day mine shipped until a replacement arrived at my door in lieu of a "repair". No complaints at all.

to Xikar
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
FriendlyMan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: JACK
Trading: (7)
FriendlyMan is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing with my $50 lighter. The button/ switch stopped working. had it back in no time. Great service.
FriendlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
Duke9192

I sent in my 3D Mayan cutter to be repaired and they sent me a brand new one. Only took 2 weeks total. I'm impressed. Really quick service!!