Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Taboo Exotic Blend II (maduro)

I haven’t seen this particular marca reviewed on CA, and Moe’s thread compelled me to reprint my review from the BTT PIF thread a few weeks back.

I felt like a good maduro this afternoon, so I lit up this Taboo blend and was not disappointed.

Robusto: 5 ½ x 50, dark, almost oscuro wrapper. Thick broadleaf, couple minor veins, with a heavy chocolate pre-light aroma and draw.

Right off the bat, this cigar had a nice, typical maduro profile and was very complex: spicy, burnt cocoa, cedar and a fruity raisin. The finish was mocha coffee and stayed consistent throughout the smoke. About halfway I got a yeasty-bread that I usually find in Honduran blends, with an underlying sweetness and some pepper. As I neared the nub, the pepper picked up.

The draw was perfect, but the burn was ragged and required a few touch-ups. Put out reams of blue smoke. Full bodied & flavorful, but a medium on the strength scale.

Although this is a nic puro, I found it to be very similar to a Punch or HdM, except I didn’t get the cherry notes that the HdM Maduro line (1066, Dark Sumatra,) typically bring. I originally smoked this one unbanded and was pleased to learn it was a Taboo. These are a great deal at $3.50/stick, but after Rob’s discounts & coupons they’re a steal!

Thanks to StarChild for sending me this cigar!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taboo Exotic Blend II (maduro)

Thanks for the review and pics.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taboo Exotic Blend II (maduro)

Great review and pics Gerard!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote