Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #1001
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Alright yeah she's 7-1, I was firing my mouth off. I just hated that Cyborg fight, it looked so sloppy. But she is absolutely wonderful to look at...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #1002
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
There seems to be alot Gracie trained fighters coming to UFC lately. I don't know why cause the refs and Judges are ussually anti ground game.
I do not see it this way, I see it as anti lay-n-hug. If you are not interested in transitioning to subs or causing damage go to a freakin' grappling tourny.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #1003
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
don't call it a b1tch move. He got poked in the eye right before the knee. why the fck would he fake getting poked in the eye?
You're right. I saw it on the replay. The production team and Rogan did a bad job in that they didn't notice it and kept showing the replays just after the poke when the knee grazed him.

I will amend my statement and say Tito pulled the b.i. ich move when he claimed that he won't give any excuses but he did have this and that and that he had a "cracked skull". If he had the injuries he says he has, he wouldn't have been cleared to fight. Isn't it funny that he wasn't even issued a medical suspension by the NASC after the event but Forrest was.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #1004
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
You're right. I saw it on the replay. The production team and Rogan did a bad job in that they didn't notice it and kept showing the replays just after the poke when the knee grazed him.

I will amend my statement and say Tito pulled the b.i. ich move when he claimed that he won't give any excuses but he did have this and that and that he had a "cracked skull". If he had the injuries he says he has, he wouldn't have been cleared to fight. Isn't it funny that he wasn't even issued a medical suspension by the NASC after the event but Forrest was.
That was such an odd third round. Has Tito given an explanation for his sudden lack of effort? I was watching the fight thinking, Wow it looks as though he suddenly remembered to take a dive.

No I don't seriously think any fight in the UFC is fixed, but it really looked like he just quit on his feet for no good reason.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #1005
Steelergar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
That was such an odd third round. Has Tito given an explanation for his sudden lack of effort? I was watching the fight thinking, Wow it looks as though he suddenly remembered to take a dive.

No I don't seriously think any fight in the UFC is fixed, but it really looked like he just quit on his feet for no good reason.
In his post fight interview he said he was gassed from the 18 month lay off. I believe it, look at the guys on TUF 10, their tired half way through the 1st round.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #1006
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Lil nog knocking cain out was the easiest prediction for me that night. .
Lil Nog looked great with his hands. I though he looked in the best shape of his career. Call me impressed!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #1007
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Lil Nog looked great with his hands. I though he looked in the best shape of his career. Call me impressed!
ya he looked fantastic. Cain never faced a guy at lilnogs level, and cant wait to see him more in the ufc, he's a beast.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #1008
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
In his post fight interview he said he was gassed from the 18 month lay off. I believe it, look at the guys on TUF 10, their tired half way through the 1st round.
I think cardio used to be one of his strong points. Didn't he used to train at elevation?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #1009
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Gabriel Gonzaga Off UFC 108 Card Due to Staph Infection

The hits keep coming for the UFC, Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva. The fellas have to scrounge up a quality heavyweight to fight Junior Dos Santos Jan. 2 in Las Vegas at UFC 108. Sources with the UFC confirmed that Gabriel Gonzaga is off the card because of staph infection.

The Dos Santos fight was huge for the heavyweight division and now yet another big fight is off. It is amazing just how many fights have been canceled as a result of injury as of late. There isn't much to say other than that the UFC's luck has to get better at some point.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/2...f-ufc-108-card
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderlei v Bisping is currently in the works

Wanderlei Silva’s next fight will be with Michael Bisping, a well-placed Las Vegas source has told Fighters Only. The fight may headline the UFC’s first event in Australia, which takes place in February 2010.

Verbal agreements for the clash have been given, although Fighters Only understands that bout agreements are not yet drawn up. The fight will not be official until these are signed and returned by both men.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFC 111 GSP vs Hardy, Newark NJ March 2010

The UFC is targeting a March 2010 date for welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre's title defense with No. 1 contender Dan Hardy, a source with knowledge of the situation told FanHouse.

Once formally agreed to by both sides, the matchup would likely be the main event of UFC 111, which is expected to take place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane McMahon may buy minority stake in UFC

If you’ve ever watched pro wrestling, you know who Shane McMahon is. If you haven’t, he’s the son of the WWE’s owner, Vince McMahon. Shane recently left the sport of pro wrestling after growing up in it, and now may have a chance to buy a stake in the UFC.

It was Shane who lobbied for his father to buy Pride before Zuffa and the UFC eventually took over. Apparently the deal was dead despite the McMahons' having enough money to purchase the organization due to Vince McMahon's lack of interest in MMA. Now Shane might have a chance to buy into the world’s largest MMA promotion on his own.

According to our friends over at Heavy.com, Shane recently cashed out $50 of his $80 million dollars in WWE stock, which would be the money he would use to get a piece of the UFC. UFC President Dana White has always said that he’d be willing to let somebody buy into a minority stake of his now billion dollar empire, and McMahon makes sense.

White wants someone who’s willing to sit on the sidelines, which is something Shane has done for years in the WWE, but that doesn’t mean the UFC wouldn’t be able to use the prodigal son. McMahon is known as the WWE’s mastermind behind securing large international business deals and that’s something that the UFC has been trying to do over the course of the last two years. Everything that the UFC wants internationally, Shane McMahon has already accomplished.

During the UFC Fight Club last week in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White again declined to discuss in detail the meeting he recently had with McMahon, simply noting that he was a good friend and "you never know."

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/20...on/index.shtml
Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #1010
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

"hardy no 1 contender" what a fcking joke. GSP is going to run a clinic on this kid
Old 11-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #1011
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

Quote:
"hardy no 1 contender" what a fcking joke. GSP is going to run a clinic on this kid
I know. What about Koscheck? I feel like Josh might pose the only (semi)credible threat to Georges' crown.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #1012
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
I get the feeling GSP would run a clinic on just about anyone nowadays.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #1013
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
I get the feeling GSP would run a clinic on just about anyone nowadays.
True, but i don't feel that koscheck deserves another title shot yet either. 3-2 in his last 5 fights isn't great, and one of those wins was against frank trigg, so in my eyes he's really 2-2 in his last fights and the knockout over yushida was good, but that guy isnt even in top 10. Fitch deserves another shot more than koscheck and definitely more than hardy, he's 4-1 in his last 5. Sadly there is just not much real competition at ww for gsp. Bring in jake shields! (who he'd kill anyway) - sigh
Old 11-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #1014
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Cain Velasquez rescheduled for UFC 109 on Feb. 6

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion and mixed martial arts legend, Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira, is expected take on undefeated rising star Cain Velasquez at UFC 108, which is slated for Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Feb. 6, 2010.

Nogueira and and Velasquez were supposed to hook 'em up in the UFC 108 main event on Jan. 2, 2010; however; "Big Nog" came down with a serious case of staph infection, which forced him to withdraw from the bout.

He clearly did not want to make the same mistake twice in a high profile and very important bout -- Nogueira revealed after his lopsided technical knockout loss to Frank Mir that he had been hospitalized several days prior to fight night with a severe staph infection.

OR

A highly anticipated heavyweight matchup between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Cain Velasquez (7-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) may take place Down Under.

Despite reports circulating today that Nogueira and Velasquez will meet at UFC 109 in Las Vegas, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the organization that the UFC is actually leaning toward booking the fight for UFC 110 in Australia.

Verbal agreements are in place for the contest, though bout agreements have not yet been finalized.

Nogueira and Velasquez were expected to meet in the main event of UFC 108 on Jan. 2, but a severe case of staph infection forced "Minotauro" out of the bout.

Nogueira has since undergone treatment for the infection and recently told MMAWeekly.com that he would be ready to fight in February – and that he would love to fight in Australia.

"In February, I think I’ll be in shape," Nogueira said. "I'd love to fight in Australia. If they put me on the card, I would love to fight there."

Prior to the cancellation of the Jan. 2 bout, UFC president Dana White announced that the winner of the contest would receive a heavyweight title shot.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 11-27-2009 at 12:46 PM.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #1015
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Anderson Silva's recovery slow, not fighting Vitor Belfort at UFC 109

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the organization that a planned bout between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort will not take place on Feb. 6.

Silva's has bone chips removed from his right elbow in October, and the joint has reportedly proved slow to heal.

Sources close to the situation informed MMAjunkie.com that "The Spider" might not be ready to fight until April, though Silva's manager, Ed Soares, wasn't immediately available for comment.

Silva and Belfort were originally slated for UFC 108 on Jan. 2, but that date was also nixed due to the elbow surgery.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira interested in fight with Forrest

"It would be a good fight. Forrest is an aggressive guy who fights on his feet, and I like that. He also has excellent Jiu-Jitsu and absurd wind. It would be a really good fight." -Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

After quickly dispatching highly regarded UFC light-heavyweight prospect Luiz Cain, Antonio Rogerio "Minotouro" Nogueira looks forward to a possible showdown with former UFC light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin.

Both men were victorious at UFC 107 last Saturday -- Nogueira with a first-round knockout over Cain and Forrest with a three-round split decision over fellow former champion Tito Ortiz.

Rumor: FEG is selling DREAM

Rumour: Don Quijote to Buy FEG’s MMA Division

Now it’s being reported that the president of Don Quijote, Yasuda, set up a meeting between FEG to enable this Sengoku vs. Dream co-promotion as an attempt to strengthen Japanese MMA. Initially, Sadaharu Tanikawa planned on letting Sengoku fail and then scooping up as many fighter contracts as possible (including Ishida). However now it looks like FEG’s MMA division may be in trouble.

FieLDS, Dynamite!!’s primary sponsor, will not renew their contract next year. Today on NHBNews Pro, it was announced that Don Quijote not only wants to replace FieLDS as Dynamite!!’s primary sponsor…but they want to purchase the entire FEG MMA division (which would include Dynamite!! and Dream). This would mean a chain of discount super-stores will own all of Japanese MMA

Payout Perspective:

There’s a lot of concern right now that MMA in Japan could be in serious trouble, so the emergence of Don Quijote is welcome news (whether they purchase FEG or just sponsor future events).

However, aside from the Japanese MMA point of view, it’s also interesting to look at this entire situation from the perspective of Strikeforce. Scott Coker signed a fighter sharing and promotional partnership with FEG’s Dream last summer; and, via this proposed Dream-Sengoku merger, the value of that partnership is likely to grow. Not only does Dream become more financially stable, but the size of the fighter sharing pool increases.

In fact, regardless of the outcome in Japan, Strikeforce is well-positioned to capitalize. Even if the merger fails, Strikeforce already has well-established ties with the most prized fighting assets in Japanese MMA. They’d likely be first in line to scoop up talents such as Shinya Aoki, Marius Zaromskis, and Melvin Manhoef, etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardy Responds to a fan on CageWarriors Forum

Hey Dan,

I'm a fan of yours, but at the same time I am really taking issue with the UFC giving you a title shot solely because they wish to expand into the European market even more. You haven't fought or beat anyone yet that would merit a title **** in my honest opinion. You beat a Mike Swick who looked like big nog when he fought Mir and then beat an over rated Marcus Davis who was exposed for what he really is last night by Saunders.

Josh Koshcheck is more deserving of the title shot or at least a number 1 contenders match with you. I think it's way too early in your career for you to be fighting a fighter the caliber of Georges St. Pierre and you should take better control of your career, get the experience, fight some more top guys, and then go for the title. Josh Koscheck just out struck an elite level striker in Anthony Johnson and also put on a wrestling clinic. When have you shown you can stop the takedowns of a high level wrestler? GSP or Koscheck would leave you on your back regardless of what you do. You may stuff a few takedowns, but eventually, you'll be on your back having to try and defend yourself against an animal like Josh Koscheck.

In closing, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the points I made above so that I may understand your thought process in regards to all of this.

Thanks Dan,

Ryan

its unfortunate that you feel this way, but im really not the person to be speaking to about this. i fight whoever the ufc put in front of me, if they told me i need another ten wins before i get a shot at the title, then that is what i would do.

do people expect me to turn down an opportunity like this, because, in their opinion, im not worthy? what do you want to do, sit the belt on a shelf to gather dust, whilst gsp grows old, waiting for a dominant force in the division to present itself? in a division like the UFC welterweight, there is rarely a clearly dominant fighter, because the talent is too deep.

i seem to have a lot of **** being talked about me at the moment, and im not sure exactly why. i get into the octagon, i put on a show and im winning fights. i have an opportunity to try and take GSP's belt, and that is exactly what i intend to do.

if i listerned to my critics, i would have never fought davis or swick, because i apparently wasnt worthy then either. they were going to run through me with ease, and as soon as the fight was done, it was their poor performance that got me the win, not my hard work.

and as far as koscheck goes, i wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire. i have never heard of a fighter that is as disliked as him, and its obvious why. i dont think he outstruck johnson, and i dont class anyone in the WW division as an 'elite level striker', but that is where our opinions differ. his inconsistency is what holds him back, i cant help that.

its always nice to hear what fans have to say about you on the forums etc, but i am starting to realise that, regardless of what i do, there will be people out there that give me no credit. its just a shame that you aren't broadcast on TV when you are at work, so everyone can debate how lacklustre you are.

nothing in my life has every been handed to me on a plate, and if this, in your opinion is exactly that, then my response is "its about f**king time". i get up each and every morning, and push myself to be better that what i was yesterday. everything i have in my life, i got through hard work.

the reason i am getting a title shot, is because i had the balls to make these opportunities available to myself, and i am not passing them up, regardless of your opinion. i hope that answers your question.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #1016
Ken
Still Watching My Back

I kind of like Hardy and just a bit more after reading his response to critics.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #1017
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

HdM

"its just a shame that you aren't broadcast on TV when you are at work, so everyone can debate how lacklustre you are."

Ok I like Dan Hardy now. Still think he's going to lose, but I like the guy.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #1018
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough

I'm with you guys. I like Dan Hardy a little more now, problem is, GSP is gonna dismantle him...
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #1019
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

Location: Goverment Facility Solving The Riddles of Time Travel
HdM
Comicbookfreak is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to BJ and Diego.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #1020
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Strikeforce signs K-1 star and MMA veteran Melvin Manhoef

K-1 wrecking machine and mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran, Melvin Manhoef (23-6-1), is once again set to put his all-around skills to the test when he debuts with the San Jose-based Strikeforce promotion in the coming weeks.

MMAmania.com confirmed the signing earlier today.

While a Dec. 19 bout with Robbie Lawler is under consideration for "Evolution," nothing is official at this time and a more likely time line for his debut would be early 2010.

Manhoef looked "Marvelous" in the opening round of his DREAM 10 fight against Paulo Filho, putting the Brazilian grappling stud on queer street with his trademark barrage blitzkrieg of punches; however, Manhoef ultimately fell short after the fight hit the mat.

He's going to need to keep his ground game sharp if he plans to compete exclusively in mixed martial arts. There are a bevy of top middleweights under the Strikeforce banner with serviceable grappling skills that could negate the power punching of the hard-hitting Hollander.

Assuming he doesn't separate them from the consciousness first.

Star-divide

Prior to the Filho bout, Manhoef went toe-to-toe with "Super Samoan" Mark Hunt during the stacked New Year’s Eve Fields Dynamite!! card at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on Dec. 31, 2008. Despite being at a huge size advantage, as well as taking the fight on literally a few days notice, Manhoef needed just 18 seconds to dispatch of the granite-chinned heavyweight.

Aside from being the Cage Rage light heavyweight champion, "No Mercy" has a 37-8 kickboxing record with 27 knockouts. Expect fireworks in his upcoming debut.

Strikeforce signs KJ Noons

K.J. Noons has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, Sherdog.com has learned from sources familiar with the negotiations.

The former EliteXC champion could make his lightweight debut for the promotion at Strikeforce “Evolution” on Dec. 19 in San Jose, Calif., although Noons’ return is likely for Strikeforce’s Jan. 30 event in Sunrise, Fla.

Noons was stripped of his EliteXC 160-pound title in September 2008 during a contract dispute. EliteXC and parent company Pro Elite closed its doors shortly afterward and the Hawaiian-born fighter delved back into professional boxing, going 4-1 in the last year. Noons earned a six-round decision over Julio Perez on Nov. 10 in Houston.

The 26-year-old kickboxer has keys MMA victories over former UFC contender Yves Edwards and Nick Diaz, who also remains in Strikeforce’s 170- and 185-pound ranks. Noons bested the mouthy Stockton, Calif. native with a second-round TKO on cuts in September 2007. Words between the fighters and their families ensued in the cage, but a rematch never materialized.

Lawler vs Prangley at SF Evolution

American Kickboxing Academy standout Trevor Prangley is expected to face Robbie Lawler at Strikeforce: Evolution on Dec. 19 in San Jose, Calif.

Multiple MMAWeekly.com sources indicated the bout was all but signed. One source said Prangley, 37, is awaiting a bout agreement and is expected to sign as soon as Monday afternoon.

Lawler was rumored to face Melvin Manhoef, a bout long campaigned for by Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, but Manhoef is committed to fight on the Dream vs. Sengoku New Year’s Eve event against an opponent yet to be announced.

Strikeforce: Evolution is slated for the HP Pavilion and will be broadcast live on Showtime. Other featured bouts include a title unification bout between champion Josh Thomson and interim titleholder Gilbert Melendez, and a middleweight slugfest pitting former champ Cung Le against Scott Smith.

Official: Keith Jardine vs Ryan Bader - UFC 110

Earlier tonight Ryan Bader sent out an ominous tweet stating that he signed a bout agreement and it would, "definitely [be] a step up in competition!"

So who is Ryan Bader fighting? Why, it is Keith Jardine, at least according to MMA Weekly.

The report also states that Bader vs. Jardine will take place at UFC 110 in Sydney, Australia.

The undefeated Ryan Bader (10-0) was correct when he described this as a step up in competition. Jardine has victories over Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin and Brandon Vera, all of which are far more impressive than Bader's wins over Eric Schafer, Carmelo Marrero and Vinny Magalhaes. Yet, this fight is still an absolute must win for Keith Jardine (15-6-1) who is coming off of back-to-back losses and is 1-3 in his past four fights and 2-4 in his past six.

At a glance, UFC 110 appears to be a fairly deep fight card, which is somewhat counter intuitive for what the UFC usually does for an overseas card. However UFC 110 will be a pay-per view event so it makes sense for Zuffa to load up on name fighters.

Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn announced for UFN 20

A welterweight bout between TUF 7 winner Amir Sadollah and Brad Blackburn is in the works for UFC Fight Night 20 on Jan. 11 at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia. News of the bout was first reported by The Newark Examiner.

The UFC Fight Night 20 main card had just three bouts rather than the traditional four but with the addition of Sadollah vs. Blackburn, the fourth spot is now filled for the televised portion of the card.

UFC in Boston now a reality with MMA regulation in Mass

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick today signed a bill into law that regulates mixed martial arts in the "Bay State," paving the way for the sport's top brand, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), and other promotions to host events in 2010 and beyond.

UFC President Dana White, a Boston-area native, has gushed for years about the possibility of promoting a show in "Beantown." In fact, during the UFC 101 post-fight press conference he revealed his grand plans to stage a major event in the historic and beloved Fenway Park in mid to late 2010.

UFC officials stormed Massachusetts earlier this year, attempting to convince lawmakers that MMA regulation is good for them and the state economy … to the tune of $12.3 million in just one weekend.

The dog and pony show was apparently very effective -- the bill breezed through the State Senate by a vote of 34-1. It then headed to the House Ways and Means Committee for additional consideration, where it sailed through by a vote of 144-10.

Patrick's historic signature earlier this afternoon was a mere formality.